Raptors 2019-2020 lineups & rotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    All i know is that boucher, davis and rhj have all earned a spot in the rotation and should still get to see minutes when lowry and serge return. Its the regular season and really no reason for anyone to be averaging 34-35 + mpg with this new found depth .
    Ya even thought with both lowry and serge back, nurse may want to go to a nine man rotation. But im okay with widing the rotation to ten guys most nights with maybe even 11. Thomas will be a good option to put in situational for the last 2 minutes of quarters and final plays of Q to provide shooting.

1st unit. Lowry, FVV, OG,Pascal, Marc
    2nd unit. TD,Norm,RHJ,Bouch,Serge.
    situational-Thomas

TD has shown a good passing touch and you can play him with pascal to spell lowry and FVV from those heavy minutes. I would expect to even see marc to get some load managment games as well which we can shift serge to start, Bouch to backup C and RHJ back up 4.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

All i know is that boucher, davis and rhj have all earned a spot in the rotation and should still get to see minutes when lowry and serge return. Its the regular season and really no reason for anyone to be averaging 34-35 + mpg with this new found depth .
      Yeah and I would also add that Thomas would be more impactful then McCaw. Team is deep.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya even thought with both lowry and serge back, nurse may want to go to a nine man rotation. But im okay with widing the rotation to ten guys most nights with maybe even 11. Thomas will be a good option to put in situational for the last 2 minutes of quarters and final plays of Q to provide shooting.

1st unit. Lowry, FVV, OG,Pascal, Marc
        2nd unit. TD,Norm,RHJ,Bouch,Serge.
        situational-Thomas

TD has shown a good passing touch and you can play him with pascal to spell lowry and FVV from those heavy minutes. I would expect to even see marc to get some load managment games as well which we can shift serge to start, Bouch to backup C and RHJ back up 4.
        That second unit doesn't have enough reliable shooting or playmaking on offense. We'll probably never see it under Nurse without one of: Lowry, FVV or Pascal. But the length and defensive potential would be awesome.

Comment

Agreed. I immensely respected Nick's short rotations to start the season to set the tone and the expectation level. It worked. Big time.

Now I hope we get to see true Nick Nurse mode when we have a fully healthy squad with this many pieces we can feel safe putting on the floor. In a way, this is where I imagine Nick's best talents lie. Rather than really overloading a single guy, he wants to keep the ball moving and have everybody working. Can't wait to see all cogs in motion.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            How about the All 3-pt shooting lineup: Lowry, Thomas, TD, OG & Gasol

Lowest guy shoots 42% (Gasol).

Comment

The sad thing is despite all the freaky lineups Nurse can put together.. he'll still find a way to give McCaw 10-15 minutes a night when he gets back.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                The sad thing is despite all the freaky lineups Nurse can put together.. he'll still find a way to give McCaw 10-15 minutes a night when he gets back.
                Hopefully with what TD and Matt have shown, not to mention RHJ, he’ll have to actually earn them this time round... we’ll see.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

That second unit doesn't have enough reliable shooting or playmaking on offense. We'll probably never see it under Nurse without one of: Lowry, FVV or Pascal. But the length and defensive potential would be awesome.
                  I dont necessarily mean you play those 5 together. just that you have 5 reliable backups for each position. You probably check marc and kyle out while bringing in TD and Serge. Let pascal and FVV run the offense. Bring RHJ in for OG few minutes later. Then kyle and bouch back for Pascal and FVV.

something like
                  1st sub-FVV,TD,OG,Pascal,Serge
                  2nd Sub-FVV,TD,RHJ,Pascal,Serge
                  3rd sub-Lowry,TD,Norm,RHJ,Serge
                  4th sub-Lowry,Norm,OG,Bouch,Marc

Then back to starters.
                  Last edited by bertarapsfan; Thu Nov 21, 2019, 06:36 PM.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I dont necessarily mean you play those 5 together. just that you have 5 reliable backups for each position. You probably check marc and kyle out while bringing in TD and Serge. Let pascal and FVV run the offense. Bring RHJ in for OG few minutes later. Then kyle and bouch back for Pascal and FVV.

something like
                    1st sub-FVV,TD,OG,Pascal,Serge
                    2nd Sub-FVV,TD,RHJ,Pascal,Serge
                    3rd sub-Lowry,TD,Norm,RHJ,Serge
                    4th sub-Lowry,TD,OG,Bouch,Marc

The back to starters.

Comment

Nurse can play an all bench lineup again once everyone is healthy imo.

I'd like to see Davis as the starting 2 with VanVleet as the 6th man but it's not gonna happen.

Gasol
                      Siakam
                      OG
                      Davis
                      Lowry

Ibaka
                      Boucher
                      RHJ
                      Powell
                      VanVleet

Thomas
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Davis-Powell-Rondae-Boucher-Ibaka is a pretty fun sounding bench group. Solid size and defense, lots of energy and if Davis is for real should have just enough offense
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Really the only way I see the Raptors hitting a new level with the current roster is to move TD to the starting SG spot and see how quickly and well he could develop as an explosive scoring threat. If he turns into a Beal type player that is a new dimension that could be huge for this teams title hopes. If not then oh well we are what we are which is a good team that's not really a contender.

Comment

Hopefully the new found depth means we don't have to worry about minutes or over extending Lowry once he comes back. We have gone from 7 deep to 12 deep.

Comment

Working...
                            X