Zach Randolph may be available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Randolph may be available

It would be another sign and trade scenario as there is no way we could sign him out right. But he is considering triggering his ETO.

Would finally give us a legit low post scoring option

He is turning 33 but there is nothing hyper athletic about his game and he would still be playing at a high level for the near future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...141938134.html
    Last edited by thead; Wed Jun 25, 2014, 12:38 PM.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

i dunno about "high level". his game really dropped off last year, plus when you're that nonathletic you're going to fall to earth really, really fast.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Chris Bosh > Zach Randolph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

his game didn't drop off...new coach...still averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Chris Bosh > Zach Randolph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If I thought there was a chance in hell of us not having to sell the farm to get Chris Bosh I would.

Comment

No thanks. 33 is too old for where the Raps are as a team. Don't want to give a bloated contract to such a player. Don't think he makes us a contender, and given the youth of our team, don't think he's still effective when our roster may actually be ready to take that step.

Comment

The Raptors picked Michael Bradley one pick ahead of Zach Randolph in 2001. That is a bitter pill to swallow.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                The Raptors picked Michael Bradley one pick ahead of Zach Randolph in 2001. That is a bitter pill to swallow.
                Not really.

Z-Bo wasn't worth having until around 2011.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Not really.

Z-Bo wasn't worth having until around 2011.
                  No not really, he's been putting up the same stats since 2004
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Coming out of college Zack was a bit of a trouble character, it took him getting out of Portland and into a better situation to mature and have the impact that we have seen the last few years. Once he left the JailBlazers he bounced around with the Knicks and Clippers before he settled with the Grizz. I don't think he would be a great fit at this stage in his career.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He wants a 4 yr. deal...hence the threat of the eto to push those negotiations along. Very dicey term.

Comment

No thanks.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not really a fan of ZBo. His TS% is atrocious for a PF (.510, league average is .540) and he's too old. Plus he's been a mental headcase everywhere except Memphis. I'd rather sign and trade for Pau Gasol if we want an aging PF with a low post game. Ideally we just take someone in the draft and let them develop behind Amir/PPat for a year or two. Getting ZBo is a move for a team looking to contend next season, which is not us.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            No not really, he's been putting up the same stats since 2004
                            Oh, sorry.

I forgot simple stats such as points and rebounds are the only way to conclude a player is a positive impact.

Comment

I've read the guidelines, but where does one find the acceptable guidelines on being a dick?

Comment

Working...
                              X