Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #16: Philadelphia 76ers 96 - Toronto Raptors 101

It wasn't this...

It wasn't this... (...Lakers lost in OT.)

It wasn't even this... (with apologies to Mike.)

No folks,

THIS...

Was the greatest shot...

In NBA History...

The first -- and only -- Game 7, series-clinching buzzer-beater...
    ...Over the second-best center in the league, no less. (I see you, Berta.)

And yes, Mr. Leonard may no longer be with us...

But we don't ask Whi...

We just tip our hat and thank him for the memories --
    and the role he played in bringing us the Larry O'B.

It's certainly a different Raptor team in 2019/2020. Besides those westerly departed... as it stands, we don't even have Toronto's favourite son, Kyle Lowry in the lineup. And Serge is listed as doubtful... which sucks as we could really use a big body to throw against the crazy length of these Sixers. Even G-league assignee and probable future Raptor MIP, Dewan Hernandez isn't gonna be an option.

It's gonna be tough.

They want what we've got.

But they can't have it.

Cause we always will.

FOR THE
    REST OF TIME.

... On Monday though ...

... Beware the Sixers' revenge game.

Our Raps eeked out a win against the lowly Hawks on Saturday night.

Despite how well the bench has shown -- and how well we've forged ahead, perhaps the absence of Kyle & Serge is, understandably, beginning to catch up with us.

We're still in a three-way ---

--- We're still in a three-way tie for second in the East. The Sixers are one spot behind The Six in the standings as we're 11 - 4 and they're 11 - 5.

We're undefeated at home.
    And we don't plan on letting this game change that.

It's gonna be a battle.

Without further ado...

YOUR STARTERS...

&
    The Cry-Babies:

Sure, there's bound to be some brotherly love in Toronto on Monday night.

But come tip-off... it's game on.

Whatever happens Monday...

Just remember those 4 beautiful bounces....

Before it went in.

And we were never the same.

GO RAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Nov 25, 2019, 01:53 AM.

Let's get it
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Beautiful thread.
      It would be huge if this was the game serge could come back for. We could use him to deal with the 2nd best center in the NBA and his shot was weeeet before he went down. Hope Mafuzzy chef is back to serve up some home cooking! This is sure to be a slug fest Phillys offense has been dreadful but they got big bodys that could give fred and pascal trouble.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

This thread made me think how crazy is it that 2 of the greatest playoff buzzer beaters off all time occurred within a 2 week span?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          This thread made me think how crazy is it that 2 of the greatest playoff buzzer beaters off all time occurred within a 2 week span?
          I know. That shot by Dame for the win was absolutely bonkers... One of the biggest shots I can recall seeing.

And then Kawhi wiped that out in a matter of days.

Comment

Damn Goldie you put so much effort into these it truly is impressive. It's like you've been coached by Nick Nurse.

Comment

Oh yeah, fuck Simmons, fuck Embiid, fuck Horford for fucking up TJ, JRich you're okay, and fuck Mike Scott for being a lousy regional manager and Toby Harris for being a lousy HR person

Comment

LOL, geez Goldblum.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well I'm exhausted. God Raps!!

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Damn Goldie you put so much effort into these it truly is impressive. It's like you've been coached by Nick Nurse.
                    LOL. Yeah, it's like Monday morning and I'm ready to kick some ass now.

Great job, Goldblum!

Comment

Philidelphia's got what, 8/9 man roster? Do the Raptors try and run Embid into the ground? I like the speed and energy of Toronto's bench from 6 to 12. They will pack the paint. Does the Raptors outside shooting hold up? I like Toronto's chances in this one.

Comment

Too bad we don't have Kawhi to force Simmons into a walking turnover - or to cut their throats out (again).

This is going to be a tough game. 76ers generally don't like playing in Toronto. Game 2 was the first time Philly won in Toronto since 2012 so we have that advantage coming in.

But yeah.. will be interesting to see how Fred plays. He was brutal against the 6ers in the playoffs, and they have an even bigger line up now as Horford starts at the 4. I don't think they'll put Embiid on Siakam though.. as teams don't like to show their cards in regular season games. But if they do, man Siakam has to figure out that match up.

Going to need our bench to step up. And we can't take their shooters lightly. Even though JJ is gone, guys like Ennis, Korkmaz, Scott and J-Rich can all light it up.

If we win, it will be bigger than the Lakers one. These inner squad games matter more for seeding purposes. Can be a 2 game swing in the standings with a win or loss.

Comment

Epic

Comment

OG should drop a five bounce game winning shot just for poetry's sake

Comment

Was it Ennis that said it's going to be a walk in the park for the Sixers now with Kawhi gone?

Comment

Working...
                              X