No announcement yet.

What will we get for Salmon's contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will we get for Salmon's contract?

I have a feeling that the best the MU will get for Salmon's contract is 1-2 2nd round picks !!!
    What do you guys think ?

first rounder from a team desperate to clear space for melo/lebron.

6 million is bigtime. 7 million they also take tyler

Comment

i don't see anything happening
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Well, since we can cut him for cheap ourselves, I don't see us getting a bad deal anywhere. Maybe Ujiri can pull off a clever move to get some assets from a team trying to make a run at a big name FA, but if not I won't be too upset.

Comment

Well we had Houston, Chicago and OKC as potential salary dump partners for their pick.

Cross Houston off the list, they were able to dump the salary AND get a future first for Asik (I dunno what the heck Dorey says to these GMs when making deals)

OKC is too fond of their picks; they barely deal their picks for breathing room space.

Chicago is a smart run club and their picks are too high to be part of a salary dump deal for Boozer it seems. (in comparison to NOLA-ASIK trade)

sooo.... our only hope is Lakers trade down to pick up multiple picks and sending one to us for Nash's contract.. but that's a looooong shot.

Comment

I just want fish boy gone. I still get nightmares of that okc game😖

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
              Cross Houston off the list, they were able to dump the salary AND get a future first for Asik (I dunno what the heck Dorey says to these GMs when making deals)
              Asik has value in and of himself. He's a good player - that New Orleans frontcourt of Anthony Davis, Omer Asik is TERRIFYING, instantly one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league. Set that up with Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday in the backcourt and you've definitely got the makings of a dangerous starting five; they just need a better answer at SF than Al-Farouq Aminu or moving Tyreke to SF and letting Eric Gordon start at SG.

And giving up next year's first sucks - but it's protected somewhat and apparently it's absolutely protected (so if the Pels are better than #20 - and in the NBA that basically means "if they make playoffs" - Houston gets nothing). It's not a bad risk.

I'd bet on the Pellies looking for takers on Ryan Anderson about now. He's a quality stretch four on a good contract in a league where that's a prized commodity and New Orleans can get back what they need, which is a shooting SF or a draft pick this year.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                Asik has value in and of himself. He's a good player - that New Orleans frontcourt of Anthony Davis, Omer Asik is TERRIFYING, instantly one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league. Set that up with Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday in the backcourt and you've definitely got the makings of a dangerous starting five; they just need a better answer at SF than Al-Farouq Aminu or moving Tyreke to SF and letting Eric Gordon start at SG.

And giving up next year's first sucks - but it's protected somewhat and apparently it's absolutely protected (so if the Pels are better than #20 - and in the NBA that basically means "if they make playoffs" - Houston gets nothing). It's not a bad risk.

I'd bet on the Pellies looking for takers on Ryan Anderson about now. He's a quality stretch four on a good contract in a league where that's a prized commodity and New Orleans can get back what they need, which is a shooting SF or a draft pick this year.
                If we can grab a pick from HOU for Lin, could we flip that pick to the Pellies for Ryan Anderson?

Granted, that's only if we don't resign PPat.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  i don't see anything happening
                  I'm starting to feel that too.

If the contracts options were due July 15th that would open so many more opportunities.

Saving grace is MU runs a tight ship, no leaks unless he wants it.

Comment

I see nobody realised we could package Salmons with our #37 and trade it for a first round pick. Masai for the win!

Comment

Got prince and 22 for salmons

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                        Got prince and 22 for salmons
                        not yet. maybe.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          not yet. maybe.
                          Really? I thought it was official do we have to wait until draft time or ?

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                            Really? I thought it was official do we have to wait until draft time or ?
                            Not official.

Memphis has to make the pick.

Can't trade because their 2015 pick is going to Cleveland with protections.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Not official.

Memphis has to make the pick.

Can't trade because their 2015 pick is going to Cleveland with protections.
                              also, 2pm thing
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X