I know who fixes the draft... you may be surprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know who fixes the draft... you may be surprised

I thought I would add my own draft day conspiracy theory (no, I don't really believe this... unless it's true).

If Wiggins gets drafted 1st overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers then it is pretty obvious that USA basketball is truly the muscle behind fixing the NBA draft. How? Forcing the Cavs to draft our top Canadian talent. What a better way to minimize a soon to be dominant (a fair amount of exaggeration should be noted) Canadian basketball program than to have one of the worst franchises draft your top upcoming talent. Think of it... they reached for Thompson (apparently they don't care about the Lithuanian program), they reached for Bennett and now they find Wiggins falling in their lap. Of course this can all be proved wrong tomorrow night if they choose to trade out of the 1st pick or choose someone else... but if they land Wiggins, you know who will be yelling conspiracy at the TV... this guy!!

Happy Draft Night Eve and enjoy the draft tomorrow!
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

I am really confused
    I have no idea what the logic is in your argument
    You also forgot Kyrie Irving

Comment

wow. just wow.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        wow. just wow.
        Do you get it? If you do help me?

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
          Do you get it? If you do help me?
          His "theory" is that the easiest way to stunt Basketball Canada's growth is to have all their most important players develop in a bad environment, with bad coaching, and a poor organization. Because Cleveland has been consistently poorly run since the current owner bought the team, USA Basketball is rigging the draft to insure that Canada's best end up on one of the worst run teams in the NBA (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston...).

This of course negates the fact that the Cavs just hired Blatt, and have a new GM, but in The Coach's mind it explains why the Raps got the top pick in a bad draft, but never in a quality draft. Can't have Raptors fans being inspired to become world class players, am I right coach?

Really? Really? (What about San Antonio? Did you forget about the PG in San Antonio?)

Comment

The argument can be made that having Canadian players drafted by shitty teams is somewhat of a benefit to the players. They're afforded plenty of minutes to hone their craft, and learn through mistakes, so that after 2 years in the league, Wiggins (for example) will have much more experience than someone like Corey Joseph.

Therefore, I conclude that it's Canada Basketball who's rigging the NBA draft

Comment

I think he was just joking..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                The argument can be made that having Canadian players drafted by shitty teams is somewhat of a benefit to the players. They're afforded plenty of minutes to hone their craft, and learn through mistakes, so that after 2 years in the league, Wiggins (for example) will have much more experience than someone like Corey Joseph.

Therefore, I conclude that it's Canada Basketball who's rigging the NBA draft
                Maybe not Corey Joseph because he's getting good minutes and is a part of a great organization. But definitely see the idea.

However, I'd personally value Joseph's minutes, even if they were less, because Joseph's would be winning minutes and wiggins's would not be.
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Maybe not Corey Joseph because he's getting good minutes and is a part of a great organization. But definitely see the idea.

However, I'd personally value Joseph's minutes, even if they were less, because Joseph's would be winning minutes and wiggins's would not be.
                  I see your general point, but Joseph played less than 30 games in both his first two years. Not sure how valuable watching winning basketball is.

Comment

It's David Stern, behind the scenes, plotting against Canada, after all David is a close friend of that evil Canadian hater Gary Bettman.

Comment

Or maybe it's just that Adam silver just hates canada and all it's contents. He's been at every terribly reffed raps game this year so yeah. Silvers the mastermind
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        I think he was just joking..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        Thank you and yes it was meant to be some draft day fun.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

His "theory" is that the easiest way to stunt Basketball Canada's growth is to have all their most important players develop in a bad environment, with bad coaching, and a poor organization. Because Cleveland has been consistently poorly run since the current owner bought the team, USA Basketball is rigging the draft to insure that Canada's best end up on one of the worst run teams in the NBA (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston...).

This of course negates the fact that the Cavs just hired Blatt, and have a new GM, but in The Coach's mind it explains why the Raps got the top pick in a bad draft, but never in a quality draft. Can't have Raptors fans being inspired to become world class players, am I right coach?

Really? Really? (What about San Antonio? Did you forget about the PG in San Antonio?)
                          Great explanation in bold. This was the idea behind the "theory"/ joke.
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                            Great explanation in bold. This was the idea behind the "theory"/ joke.
                            I'm a big supporter of helping jokes.

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                              Thank you xD

Comment

Working...
                              X