Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Me after watching that game

I kid but I can remember watching that not too long ago and still being nervous when we were down in the 4th quarter

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I kid but I can remember watching that not too long ago and still being nervous when we were down in the 4th quarter
      Ya same.After that game everything changed. That's the first time i started thinking "Holy shit, we can actually win this whole thing"
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Something i forgot that Bud did in that game. With a minute and half left Giannis tweaked his ankle but seemed to be fine. Bud subbed him out for a offensive possesion, then the raptors came down ran the clock and got an offensive rebound while Giannis was on the bench. I dont know what the hell he was thinking. Hopefully those kind of thing stick with Giannis when free agency rolls around.
        It won't be easy getting Giannis out of Milwaukee. Bucks were the best regular season team last year and I think will be again this year. That team is built so well around him that he's always going to be in the MVP conversation. It's going to come down to whether they win a championship this year or not and if it sinks in he can't win one without another star player alongside.

The idea of Siakam and Giannis on the Raptors together though is just so damn tantalizing. That duo could put the fear of God in the NBA and US media.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          ...The idea of Siakam and Giannis on the Raptors together though is just so damn tantalizing. That duo could put the fear of God in the NBA and US media.
          That is true of Siakim NOW. Imagine Siakim by the end of the season? After the off season? After NEXT season? How good is he going to be? Where or when will the improvement stop. There is no model for what is happening here.

Comment

It won't be easy getting Giannis out of Milwaukee. Bucks were the best regular season team last year and I think will be again this year. That team is built so well around him that he's always going to be in the MVP conversation. It's going to come down to whether they win a championship this year or not and if it sinks in he can't win one without another star player alongside.

The idea of Siakam and Giannis on the Raptors together though is just so damn tantalizing. That duo could put the fear of God in the NBA and US media.
            They actually have two kicks in the can with Giannis to win a chip not one. This season and next season before he hits free agency. The odds don't look good, but got to have faith.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

That is true of Siakim NOW. Imagine Siakim by the end of the season? After the off season? After NEXT season? How good is he going to be? Where or when will the improvement stop. There is no model for what is happening here.
              He's having a fantastic regular season, but a couple of things to temper expectations:
              1. He hasn't been tested in the playoffs when teams dial in on him as the main guy to stop. He hasn't even been really tested this season because the schedule will only start getting tough in December when we start facing a string of playoff teams.
              2. To his credit (as well as Nurse's) he's putting up numbers within the flow of the game. The team isn't build around him, but if he's going to be a star in this league they are going to have to do just that. How will he react to being the guy they give the ball to in crunch time when they need a bucket? Can't say enough about how well the organization is bringing him along. Right now there is very little pressure on him.

Definitely a lot to look forward to, but right now the only thing we know for sure is that he is a championship worthy second option in the playoffs.

Comment

He's having a fantastic regular season, but a couple of things to temper expectations:
                1. He hasn't been tested in the playoffs when teams dial in on him as the main guy to stop. He hasn't even been really tested this season because the schedule will only start getting tough in December when we start facing a string of playoff teams.
                2. To his credit (as well as Nurse's) he's putting up numbers within the flow of the game. The team isn't build around him, but if he's going to be a star in this league they are going to have to do just that. How will he react to being the guy they give the ball to in crunch time when they need a bucket? Can't say enough about how well the organization is bringing him along. Right now there is very little pressure on him.

Definitely a lot to look forward to, but right now the only thing we know for sure is that he is a championship worthy second option in the playoffs.
                I don't know if I'd say he hasn't been tested. With Lowry and Ibaka out, Siakam's the guy who gets the defensive attention right now, he faces regular double teams and always the other team's best defender with the size/speed to keep up with him. His offence has totally shifted from last year, he's the ball handler in p'n'r more often, he iso's more often, he's shooting pull ups more often, and he's getting less of his old easy buckets like spot up 3's. And through that whole shift, with the other team's best defender or a double on him, he's putting up great numbers that are miles ahead of last year's. I'm not tempering anything, his growth trajectory is incredible and definitely hasn't hit a ceiling yet.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Could it be that Kawhi leaving to LAC might be the best thing for the Raptors organization long-term (even better than if he had stayed)?
                  • We find more undrafted gems to fill the roster only because of the loss of Danny & Kawhi
                  • The group forms into a ridiculously unselfish and creative team because of the loss of Kawhi's extensive amount of Iso (as successful as that is guaranteed to be)
                  • Kawhi forms his super duo with George rather than joining a 3 superstar blueprint and Giannis takes note of how successful Kawhi's choice was (gets a first-hand look at that success by losing the NBA Finals two years in a row to that super duo)
                  • Giannis sees the depth and front office of the Raptors and amazing development of Siakam as the best way to challenge those very Clippers
                  • We become the beasts of the East with a Siakam-Giannis Duo that ultimately takes down those two-time defending champions
                  • And the best GM in all the NBA land lives happily ever after! (not to mention all of Jurassic Park and kids all over Africa!)

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't know if I'd say he hasn't been tested. With Lowry and Ibaka out, Siakam's the guy who gets the defensive attention right now, he faces regular double teams and always the other team's best defender with the size/speed to keep up with him. His offence has totally shifted from last year, he's the ball handler in p'n'r more often, he iso's more often, he's shooting pull ups more often, and he's getting less of his old easy buckets like spot up 3's. And through that whole shift, with the other team's best defender or a double on him, he's putting up great numbers that are miles ahead of last year's. I'm not tempering anything, his growth trajectory is incredible and definitely hasn't hit a ceiling yet.
                    Yeah, but we're not event a quarter of the season through yet and look at the teams we've faced. Hardly a good measuring stick. December will be when we start to get a clear picture of how good this team and Siakam is.

Comment

Working...
                    X