No announcement yet.

Raptors chasing Grizllies for 22 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Cavs will deal the pick....they are just milking the time left to squeeze some more from Philly or the Magic.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      Cleveland apparently doesn't want their pick? LOL.
      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e-Up-With-Cavs
      I wish raptors could move up and grab wiggins,but we don't have enough assets 2 get him,well we do,but it's not a good idea 2 give up derozan or T ross or JV. I can't believe Cleveland is that stupid of team that would pass on Wiggins.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        I wish raptors could move up and grab wiggins,but we don't have enough assets 2 get him,well we do,but it's not a good idea 2 give up derozan or T ross or JV. I can't believe Cleveland is that stupid of team that would pass on Wiggins.
        Clevelands recent history make the Knicks Mgmt team look like Mensa grads. Anything still possible. Hell they could draft Dante Exum 1st overall
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

So did anyone hear why this deal fell apart?

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
            Perhaps it never actually had any legs.

Comment

My guess is that it was contingent on Ennis being on the board at 20. Once he was gone, there was no need for the second 1st round pick.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

They wanted Harris or Ennis to go with Bruno.

Both were gone.

Good bye deal; hello Bruno.

Comment

Raps backed out once Ennis was gone. They wanted Ennis at 20 and Caboclo at 22, once Ennis was gone they weren't enamoured with the other prospects on the board and just grabbed Caboclo at 20.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Raps backed out once Ennis was gone. They wanted Ennis at 20 and Caboclo at 22, once Ennis was gone they weren't enamoured with the other prospects on the board and just grabbed Caboclo at 20.
                    Which implies to me we have other plans for Salmons waive-able contract. Could still use it to snag a young player or future first from a team trying to get under the cap. Or perhaps we want the space to sign our own free agents. Whatever it is, Ujiri thinks it's better than the 22nd pick and taking on Prince for a year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Which implies to me we have other plans for Salmons waive-able contract. Could still use it to snag a young player or future first from a team trying to get under the cap. Or perhaps we want the space to sign our own free agents. Whatever it is, Ujiri thinks it's better than the 22nd pick and taking on Prince for a year.
                      MU has until June 30th to make the decision on Salmons. Not much time left.. I suspect he'll just be waived by Toronto and we won't get an asset in return. Not a terrible thing, just not ideal in my opinion.

Comment

• When Memphis took Adams at 22 i was so pumped
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                        X