Game #18: Toronto Raptors 90 - Orlando Magic 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Wonder what Brooklyn fans are thinking of Kyrie. They're like 6-2 without him so far in this stretch.
    The only caveat is that they haven't really beat any good teams in that stretch save the Celtics today. At least, that's what I'd tell myself if I'd just signed him to a 9-figure contract.....

Comment

Celtics loss to Nets highlights how tough it is in the NBA to win away from home as only 2 of 15 EC teams have winning road records (MIL and TOR). In the WC, something weird is going on in MIN. They are 7 - 2 on the road and only 3 - 6 at home. It's still early with lots of games to go.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
        Celtics loss to Nets highlights how tough it is in the NBA to win away from home as only 2 of 15 EC teams have winning road records (MIL and TOR). In the WC, something weird is going on in MIN. They are 7 - 2 on the road and only 3 - 6 at home. It's still early with lots of games to go.
        Strength of schedule. The Wolves have had a pretty easy schedule so far, but the vast majority of their tough games have been at home, with mostly a cupcake road schedule early on. They beat the Jazz and snuck by the Nets in OT on the road, but the rest of their road wins have been Hornets, Wizards, Pistons, Hawks, Spurs... Now, beating who you are supposed to beat is good, but that's why their home/road split is so weird so far.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I dont understand the Dinwiddie Dollar idea? So you buy a coin which equals part of his contract then the value rises depending of what his next deal is? So what happens if he get a bigger deal, then everyone cashes in there coin and he has to pay back his entire contract. Thus making him earn only what his old contract was worth.

I.E sells 10 million of coin this season-
          Next contract is 15 million-everyone cashes in and he has to pay out 15 million?
          I think in simple terms, he gets all his money up front (by issuing "bonds"). He invests that and makes money over the life of the contract. You would then benefit from him getting a larger next contract but not to the extent that he would investing it all up front. And I'm not sure how directly it's tied. If his salary doubles, I'm not sure the investment would go up quite that much. But it's a fascinating case. How many shares would people have bought after today's game?

Comment

Comment

Wonder what Brooklyn fans are thinking of Kyrie. They're like 6-2 without him so far in this stretch.
              Do they get Durant without Kyrie? If the answer’s no then they probably love him lol
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

I think in simple terms, he gets all his money up front (by issuing "bonds"). He invests that and makes money over the life of the contract. You would then benefit from him getting a larger next contract but not to the extent that he would investing it all up front. And I'm not sure how directly it's tied. If his salary doubles, I'm not sure the investment would go up quite that much. But it's a fascinating case. How many shares would people have bought after today's game?
                  There must be a tax advantage / avoidance element to this scheme as well.

Comment

It is too strange and it is too early. I was always wondering how we would like with a player like Kyrie ?

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

There must be a tax advantage / avoidance element to this scheme as well.
                      I dunno i think he just wants all his money up front. I've read an article since posting last. He apparently wants this to catch on. Where more players have the similar cryptocoin and owners could trade say 10 dinwiddle dollars for 1 durant dollar. However the NBA told him that he legally is not allowed to do this, he and his lawyer claim it is under his right to pursue this avenue. NBA has threatened that his contract could possible be terminated if he goes down this path.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Aron Gordon is back.

Comment

i suppose if the ball goes in the bucket we'll do a bit better

Comment

Norm looks like he did when he was a rookie with that haricut
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

yeah...like that

Comment

Davis always reminds me of the movie "BraveHeart"

Comment

Working...
                                X