X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    It would have to be a 3 team deal like you mention. Houston seems more likely since they have better assets than Dallas.

Something like:

Toronto receives:
    Jeremy Lin
    Terrence Jones
    Future Houston 1st
    Future Miami 1st

Houston Receives:
    Chris Bosh

Miami receives:
    Lowry ($10M+ per year sign and trade)
    Fields
    Novak

We get to dump some shitty salaries, pick up a starting PG to replace Lowry (at least for now), get a young stud in Jones, and 2 future 1sts.

Just trying to make some sense of this retarded ass rumor. The fact he says Melo is going to Miami too just makes it sooooo fucking ridiculous though. So then NYK would also have to make a sign and trade with Miami, and for what, I have no fucking clue.
    With Lowry being signed and traded, Salmons/Bro being dropped, and even including PP/GV/Nando cap holds, it could be done fairly easily.

Miami wouldn't have to take back Fields or Novak. The excess salary they send out would create a TPE if I'm not mistaken.

Houston is the team that would need the excess cap space.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    I'm guessing Lowry will go to Miami for Norris Cole + few picks with Bosh going to a third team either the Rockets or the Dallas Mavs.
    It would have to be a 3 team deal like you mention. Houston seems more likely since they have better assets than Dallas.

Something like:

Toronto receives:
    Jeremy Lin
    Terrence Jones
    Future Houston 1st
    Future Miami 1st

Houston Receives:
    Chris Bosh

Miami receives:
    Lowry ($10M+ per year sign and trade)
    Fields
    Novak

We get to dump some shitty salaries, pick up a starting PG to replace Lowry (at least for now), get a young stud in Jones, and 2 future 1sts.

Just trying to make some sense of this retarded ass rumor. The fact he says Melo is going to Miami too just makes it sooooo fucking ridiculous though. So then NYK would also have to make a sign and trade with Miami, and for what, I have no fucking clue.

Leave a comment:

• keefec
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Wasn't that before Dwight though? Can't see Houston still being interested.
    Bosh is still a stretch 4, houston is all over stretch 4s to play with howard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Houston's been after Bosh for a while
    Wasn't that before Dwight though? Can't see Houston still being interested.

Leave a comment:

• tenforthewin
    replied
    I'm guessing Lowry will go to Miami for Norris Cole + few picks with Bosh going to a third team either the Rockets or the Dallas Mavs.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i think he got drunk, posted the bosh bit, woke up this morning and slapped his forehead and is now running with it rather than admit he shouldn't have been near a computer after drinking so much bourbon
    Bosh had nothing nice to say about T.O on his way out the door and since he has been with the Heat ... His ego loves South Beach ..

I do think Lowry agent is just trying to get more money from T.O .. It is the same thing about teams trying to get funding for their arena and use moving the franchise to get more money from the government

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Bucher is obviously looking for twitter hits. Mention the Heat and Raptors in a couple of messages and the internet will go nuts despite the legitimacy of the posts.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i'm literally only half kidding about that too

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    None of this makes a bit of sense salary wise, which fucking matters.

Bosh makes $43M over the next 2 years. Lowry will make about that over the next 4 years. Bosh would have to opt out and agree to a $10M per year pay cut, for the privilege of leaving the championship contneder and going back to Toronto. Tell me why in the fucking world Bosh would do this? Seriously? A $10M pay cut to leave the Heat.

And now Melo is supposed to go to Miami too, upping the impossibility of the math to new heights. Bucher was fired from ESPN for a reason, it's because he's an ass clown.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i think he got drunk, posted the bosh bit, woke up this morning and slapped his forehead and is now running with it rather than admit he shouldn't have been near a computer after drinking so much bourbon

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied

I'm waiting for Ric Bucher to apologize for his account being hacked or to voluntarily enter a rehab facility.

Then again.... maybe he is right! Crazier things have happened.... well, not since 2010 but crazier things have happened.

Leave a comment:

• Lark Benson
    replied
    Why on earth would Miami do this? They would have zero bigs aside from Anderson, and losing Bosh's floor stretching ability would absolutely kill the team's offence. This only makes sense if Bosh has stated that he's going to leave, which is basically the exact opposite of everything he's told the media. I don't believe this for a second.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Obviously everything in Miami hinges on LeBron.
    Truer words have not been spoken.
    In order for Miami to have room to sign a better cast of players Lebron/Bosh and Wade have to ALL opt out and ALL take lesser money. Lebron has. The other guys have not done so. If they all don't do it then there isn't the money to sign Kyle or anyone else really.
    Lebron has put his money where his mouth is by opting out. He just might walk if Bosh and Wade don't do the same thing and open up space for another player. Shabaz Napier ain't that player. Its not one but two 40M$ decisions to be made shortly. Money talks and if one or both of Wade and Bosh don't opt then there will likely be an LBJ-less Miami.

Why would Kyle sign to play with a broken down SG and PF on the downside of his career ?

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Obviously everything in Miami hinges on LeBron.

BUt say LeBron resigns, Lowry could be signed and traded with Bosh going to a third team?????

Masai is no stranger to 3 and 4 team deals.

You know what up and coming team could use a stretch PF/C and has an incredible training staff who also just happened to have their stretch 4 opt out of a contract? Phoenix.

Then there are the Rockets if they lose on on LBJ and Melo. Maybe they have interest in Bosh?

I could make a case ford LA Lakers, Charlotte (although they have cap space to sign outright so not very strong), Sacramento.

Two weeks of new speculation begins!
    Houston's been after Bosh for a while

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Getting Bosh and Cole is highway robbery compared to the realistic scenario of Lowry walking for nothing. #Think
    I hate Bosh but this is exactly right

if nothing else you could flip bosh for someone(thing) else later

Leave a comment:

Working...
X