But it doesn't work that way.

If everyone opts out and then:

Wade resigns for $13M
    LeBron for $20
    Cole for $2M
    Shabazz for $1.1M

That is $36M.

Miami has $27M left to work with.

Riley: "You won't sign and trade? OK." renounces Bosh.

Signs Lowry for $9M.
    Signs Melo for $18M.

It is then on Houston to find the cap space to sign Bosh.

I'm just making up numbers here but there is no way you're going to get Miami to novak and Fields.
    Why would Bosh opt out to leave Miami??????? Seriously??????? One good reason?????????? That's what makes this whole thing so fucking impossible. Bosh only opts out to take less to stay on Miami. Riley won't have the ability to renounce Bosh, it's a player option, not a team option. All these scenarios have Bosh bending over a barrel and letting each team take their turn fucking him.

Also, assuming Wade will opt out for $7-8M per year less is insanity. Try $2-3M per year less and maybe I see it happening. Also, why the fuck would Haslem opt out? His $4.6M will be on Miami's books next season for sure. Add in all the cap holds and Miami has nowhere near the $27M you predict.

Main Point I want answered by someone: Why the fuck does Bosh opt out here? What is his incentive?

Comment

Guys, all this talk about Lowry to Miami has me thinking does Lowry make the Heat better than Bosh? He's not a spot up shooter and that's what Miami needs beause either Wade or LeBron have the ball in their hands 80% of the time. I see no advantage of moving Bosh to get their hands on Lowry. That move doesn't help them against the Spurs, it doesn't help them against OKC.

And frankly, nobody is reporting on this except Bucher which has me thinking there isn't any truth to it

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        But it doesn't work that way.

If everyone opts out and then:

Wade resigns for $13M
        LeBron for $20
        Cole for $2M
        Shabazz for $1.1M

That is $36M.

Miami has $27M left to work with.

Riley: "You won't sign and trade? OK." renounces Bosh.

Signs Lowry for $9M.
        Signs Melo for $18M.

It is then on Houston to find the cap space to sign Bosh.

I'm just making up numbers here but there is no way you're going to get Miami to novak and Fields.
        Long shot with haslem giving up 4m next season imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Why would Bosh opt out to leave Miami??????? Seriously??????? One good reason?????????? That's what makes this whole thing so fucking impossible. Bosh only opts out to take less to stay on Miami. Riley won't have the ability to renounce Bosh, it's a player option, not a team option. All these scenarios have Bosh bending over a barrel and letting each team take their turn fucking him.

Also, assuming Wade will opt out for $7-8M per year less is insanity. Try $2-3M per year less and maybe I see it happening. Also, why the fuck would Haslem opt out? His $4.6M will be on Miami's books next season for sure. Add in all the cap holds and Miami has nowhere near the $27M you predict.

Main Point I want answered by someone: Why the fuck does Bosh opt out here? What is his incentive?
          Makes more sense moving melo to houston, i dont get this whole melo miami thing, i think he has no interest. Miami is not one of the spots he is gonna visit and dallas is, which tells you a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why opt out?
            More money longer term.

Comment

Why opt out?
              More money longer term.
              Think his point was why would he do it to leave miami if they were getting lowry.

Comment

I've decided this rumour is bullshit
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I've decided this rumour is bullshit
                  I think bullshit has more substance than this rumour.

Comment

Why opt out?
                    More money longer term.
                    At best someone would give bosh a 4 year $60M deal (and I'm probably being generous). He's supposed to opt out of 2 years $43M for that? And leave the championship contender that he loves playing for?

Comment

At best someone would give bosh a 4 year $60M deal (and I'm probably being generous). He's supposed to opt out of 2 years $43M for that? And leave the championship contender that he loves playing for?
                      the 4 year 60m valuation is with if he opts and resign with the HEAT so that they can get cap space to add pieces, not much word on what his value would be like to other teams.

If I was bosh i'd probably rather opt in and get that 43m the next 2 years, but if I was wade, I opt out to take the 4 year 60m contract.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I think bullshit has more substance than this rumour.
                        I think in most sign and trade scenario for Lowry to a contending team, they will try to add a 3rd team so that the Raptors can can get more than just some very late first round picks, but I guess they can land some major trade exemption to give them more flexibility and retool this roster. The scenario with acquiring jeremy Lin from houston seems unlikely in my opinion

Comment

Dan Tolzman said on the fan590 that he has no clue where this rumour came from. He said he and the staff were shocked and found it funny or something like that so yea bullshit. Also why is the Bucher guy the ONLY person saying anything about this.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            Dan Tolzman said on the fan590 that he has no clue where this rumour came from. He said he and the staff were shocked and found it funny or something like that so yea bullshit. Also why is the Bucher guy the ONLY person saying anything about this.
                            Case closed? I think so. Woj and Stein, the only reliable NBA reporters, have said nothing about this. Bucher, fired ESPN employee, is the only one talking about it. Now the head Raptor's scout is saying their staff got a lulz out of the Bucher rumors. Riley probably just paid Bucher some lunch money to push this story.

Comment

There have been VC rumours like this in the past. Just saying...

Comment

it's funny cause Bucher called Woj out once when he broke the Howard trade (to LA) saying he was only doing it for press and yadda yadda yadda MEANWHILE....

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X