Game #19: Utah Jazz 110 - Toronto Raptors 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Why does Stanley always wear sunglasses on the bench?
    Stanley who?????

Comment

• Hated that 3rd quarter with a passion.. I mean that was pathetic. But will take the win for sure. That first half sealed it.. just was expecting some intensity/fight in the 3rd to ice it early. Gotta tip your hat off to the Jazz for fighting so hard to make it somewhat respectable in the end. I mean they brought it down to a 15 pt lead at one point.

Serge isn't as fun on the bench as Boucher is. He had some nice moves, and will be way more reliable than Chris in the playoffs.. It feels like TD will get the short end of the stick when Lowry is back. RHJ seems like he'll continue to get minutes though regardless.

The one thing that's clear though is that the Raptors defense is just too fricken good. Hate to be the playoff team that matches up against Toronto.

Comment

• So Raps go 4-0 this week.. do you think they drop to 12 or 13 in ESPN's power rankings tomorrow?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          So Raps go 4-0 this week.. do you think they drop to 12 or 13 in ESPN's power rankings tomorrow?
          We needed to win by 40 tonight and we blew it. We'll be lucky to stay in the ESPN top 15.

Comment

• Not an ideal third quarter by any means, but Ibaka was able to get his legs under him a little more which we'll need going forward. We definitely would've seen more of the bench if the lead had continued to grow from 40. Props to Utah for not going away quietly.

I think maybe that's the one area I miss Kawhi in is his ability to stay focused and level headed. He wouldn't have allowed people to get over excited before the game was over. But it's a good learning opportunity from a leadership perspective for Pascal and Fred on the floor in that regard.

Hard to believe there are some youngster growing pains on a championship-defending team that's 15-4, but I think that just speaks to the system the Raptors organization has now, in that they are always nurturing in house talent, so I don't mind the mental hiccup.

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
              Not an ideal third quarter by any means...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                So Raps go 4-0 this week.. do you think they drop to 12 or 13 in ESPN's power rankings tomorrow?
                just how we like it
                Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Dec 1, 2019, 10:08 PM.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We needed to win by 40 tonight and we blew it. We'll be lucky to stay in the ESPN top 15.
                  Well, Raps are certainly not as good as Utah or Philly.

Comment

• Spurs suck...god damn
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Guys, the third Q was no fun, and there was a lot left on the table at both ends effort wise, but the result was also way worse than it should have been. Utah got incredibly hot from three that Q. That can happen any night. Even on open threes (which they were indeed getting too many of that Q), teams don't shoot 80% from three very often. And the Raptors at least did their part and kept scoring (which is what teams should try to do) while Utah got hot, put up 30 of their own points.

It's also just impossible to put in the effort when up that big. They knew they didn't need to try, so they didn't, and then proved that they didn't need to by still winning by 20.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Comment

• Why RHJ was upset ?

Comment

• This game proved once again why the "The West is so much better than the East! we need to change the playoff format!" narrative is a joke.

I would take the Raptors, Bucks, Philly and Boston in a 7 game series against ANY teams in the West not named Lakers and Clippers.

The fact that the NBA might actually change the playoff format to a 1-16 is a joke to me. Let's just call it like it is. They just want to see a LA vs LA Finals.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Best.Opponent.Recap.Ever.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/12/1/20...rror-not-found

Comment

• Tonight Raps led (or tied in 2 cases) in all the typical team stat categories but 1 - offensive rebounds. Utah grabbed 15 OREB vs 7 for Raps. It was a no doubter, however, early in the 4th with Utah had pulled to within 15, Nurse went back to the starters.Is this what RHJ was pissed about?

Comment

Working...
                                X