No announcement yet.

Game #19: Utah Jazz 110 - Toronto Raptors 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight players in doubble digits, Fred with 11 dimes and no turnovers. Daymn.

Comment

• A 40 point halftime lead and we're pissed about the 3rd quarter? Damn.

That first half was like rolling out the Dream Team on rookie. Wow.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• One potential nice side effect of this big W tonight is that it probably fired up Utah to get up tomorrow against Philly and hopefully beat them.

Now if we could have the Bucks finally lose a game it'd be nice. They play the Clippers Friday so that might be the day.
        Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Dec 2, 2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• it would have been quintessential old raps to lose that game lmao.

Anyway, utah hit a tonne of contested 3s in the third and the raptors pretty much gave up on defending in the lane, as one does when you're up 40 (!) at half. These guys are champions, they know what is required and when.

Comment

• Win by 40, 20 or 2 they all count the same. It's a long season. Not sure why RHJ was steamed at Nick. He played 22 mins and the bench started the 4th poorly to allow UTAH to pull within 15 and plenty of time left o play. We don't need that drama at this point in the season.
            Last edited by Zak24gege; Mon Dec 2, 2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• "Gasol was a big part of it – his 11 first-quarter points exceeding his season average of 5.8 points a game – giving a glimpse of what the Raptors’ ceiling might be if and when he is more assertive offensively."

And that's all a couple of us have been asking, perhaps not to this measure but just a bit more than zero from his offense. And as I suggested, it doesn't have to be at the expense of Gasol's D. In fact, when he reverted to normal form was when the Jazz went off....

Great game, really entertaining again and Serge didn't screw with our mojo

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                Win by 40, 20 or 2 they all count the same. It's a long season. Not sure why RHJ was steamed at Nick. He played 22 mins and the bench started the 4th poorly to allow UTAH to pull within 15 and plenty of time left o play. We don't need that drama at this point in the season.
                Eric Smith cleared a bit of that up on twitter. Seems like it was nothing. RHJ seems a bit emotional. I don't think he's a cancer or anything.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  "Gasol was a big part of it – his 11 first-quarter points exceeding his season average of 5.8 points a game – giving a glimpse of what the Raptors’ ceiling might be if and when he is more assertive offensively."

And that's all a couple of us have been asking, perhaps not to this measure but just a bit more than zero from his offense. And as I suggested, it doesn't have to be at the expense of Gasol's D. In fact, when he reverted to normal form was when the Jazz went off....

Great game, really entertaining again and Serge didn't screw with our mojo
                  What's that? He took a bunch of open threes? And didn't barely play inside at all (and when he did it was largely useless except a wide open dunk)? He didn't force his offence but just took the open jumpers when they were there? Good stuff. Sort of exactly what people should have expected from him, and the sort of play that won't increase his scoring much long term as teams cover him more tightly on the perimeter? Yeah, good stuff.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Eric Smith cleared a bit of that up on twitter. Seems like it was nothing. RHJ seems a bit emotional. I don't think he's a cancer or anything.

He left the bench during the game? what happened?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I think he's a super passionate guy. Fred and him seem to really hit off on the court, body language says theyre big fans of one another. Not so sure about Norm since he took his toque off and tossed it lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What's that? He took a bunch of open threes? And didn't barely play inside at all (and when he did it was largely useless except a wide open dunk)? He didn't force his offence but just took the open jumpers when they were there? Good stuff. Sort of exactly what people should have expected from him, and the sort of play that won't increase his scoring much long term as teams cover him more tightly on the perimeter? Yeah, good stuff.
                        Yeah, Conley said in the post-game that Gasol becoming a legit floor spacer is a big problem for other teams.

Gasol was a big part of it – his 11 first-quarter points exceeding his season average of 5.8 points a game – giving a glimpse of what the Raptors’ ceiling might be if and when he is more assertive offensively.

“I knew he was going to do that, somehow,” said Conley. “I’ve watched a lot of the [Raptors’] games and I told the guys ‘I guarantee you he’s going shoot a lot more tonight, whether he’s playing me or whatever, he’s going to be aggressive. With him stretching the floor like that early it really threw off what we were trying to do, but that’s what makes him so dangerous. He’s capable of doing it any night and doing whatever it takes for his team.”
                        https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-gasol-conley/

Comment

• Gotta admit...pretty excited for the Heat game. Bring it on Goldblum.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, Conley said in the post-game that Gasol becoming a legit floor spacer is a big problem for other teams.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-gasol-conley/
                            I thought the biggest catalyst for it was just how open they were leaving him. Like, he's usually open. But Gobert was glued to the paint for the 1st Q, and only started coming out more later in the game. Marc just had literally a dozen feet of space and no one coming to him, he almost had to shoot. As compared to his usual "well, that guy is kinda close to me and is at least moving towards me so I can pass instead of shoot" situation. Would love to see him taking more of those medium-open shots, and hopefully this game with the incredibly-wide-open shots will be the catalyst for that. He took a couple more tightly contested ones in this one when they adjusted too, so might be a sign of readier shooting. Though hopefully he also doesn't swing too far the wrong way, he just needs to punish the defence, not take contested shots.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Headline in today's edition of the Salt Lake Tribune...Nice.

The Jazz suffer a gut-check loss to the Raptors. They’ll have to decide: ‘How bad do we want to be a good team?’

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I thought the biggest catalyst for it was just how open they were leaving him. Like, he's usually open. But Gobert was glued to the paint for the 1st Q, and only started coming out more later in the game. Marc just had literally a dozen feet of space and no one coming to him, he almost had to shoot. As compared to his usual "well, that guy is kinda close to me and is at least moving towards me so I can pass instead of shoot" situation. Would love to see him taking more of those medium-open shots, and hopefully this game with the incredibly-wide-open shots will be the catalyst for that. He took a couple more tightly contested ones in this one when they adjusted too, so might be a sign of readier shooting. Though hopefully he also doesn't swing too far the wrong way, he just needs to punish the defence, not take contested shots.
                                Is anyone allowed to do anything but stand on the three point line and shoot threes? What a dynamic game!

Comment

Working...
                                X