Game #19: Utah Jazz 110 - Toronto Raptors 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

It would look like when Ibaka is on the floor. More pick n roll and paint shots, maybe stronger rebounding depending on who the new C would be, but there would be a more clogged paint for our wings because the opposing rim protector would be there, and there would be less back cutting to the basket.

The viariablity of styles alone that Nurse can go to when toggling Ibaka & Gasol can create problems for the opposing D.
    I know it might look like a silly question, what if we could bring JV back, how would we look like ?

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
      Let us assume we traded Gasol for another C, how would we look like ?
      That would obviously depend on the center. Jokic would be awesome to get. Drummond would suck to get. And I'm out on all the zellers and all the plumlees.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nurse likes 3&D C's. Guys that can shoot and stretch the floor. And guys that can be big and try to block shots, create deflections.

I'd take Aron Baynes if Phoenix was shopping him. He's learned how to shoot, and is a really good defender. But I don't see why Phoenix would shop him. He's a UFA next summer though. So maybe a guy Masai could sign in the off season if we lose one of Marc or Serge.

Comment

I know it might look like a silly question, what if we could bring JV back, how would we look like ?
          It would improve our rebounding, he would give ~12ppg (he won't get as many points as he's getting in Memphis because he wouldn't be the primary scorer here), our defence would be worse and the paint would be more congested for our wings, hurting their production. Floor won't be as spaced. He would bring some good things, but all-in-all it would be a net loss imo.

That is only true though IF Gasol continues to keep defences honest by not passing up open perimiter shots (his raw score don't matter). If he doesn't do that I rather have JV.
          Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Dec 2, 2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

It would improve our rebounding, he would give ~12ppg (he won't get as many points as he's getting in Memphis because he wouldn't be the primary scorer here), our defence would be worse and the paint would be more congested for our wings, hurting their production. Floor won't be as spaced. He would bring some good things, but all-in-all it would be a net loss imo.

That is only true though IF Gasol continues to keep defences honest by not passing up open perimiter shots (his raw score don't matter). If he doesn't do that I rather have JV.
            I think right now, we are taken away due to the joy we are undergoing. I think Gasol is a very important part to this team right now. Yes, he has some weak aspects, but his presence and his passing is more than important.
            Right now, the chemistry is on its peak, if we bring someone else, I do not know what will happen. Our best option is to use him this season.

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
              I am so excited for Goldblum's Miami thread

You get a gif! And you get a gif! And you get a gif!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

with Nurse.
                So what was this all about? There seemed to be no more to this... unless I missed it. The premise is troubling... hope not.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

To start the season my two big questions would have been:

1) How good can Pascal become?

2) Who is the second/third option?

Obviously Pascal exceeded expectations, but I am not convinced there is enough offense to be a contender. The bummer is just that Gasol wont be that guy.
                  Freddy has been a capable second option.

Comment

• Seems the Jazz only had enough fight for the third quarter - down big once again to the 76ers

Comment

If you are going to dream, you replace Serge with JV and keep Gasol. Bench needs an offensive punch and rebounder. Done and done.

But they wouldn't bring JV back now, not on that contract he has. Now, if they were to strike out in 2021 FA, and needed to add a C (they'll probably need to anyway but the star is the bigger priority), I'd bet he could be a relatively cheap trade target. But that's assuming Masai strikes out and that seems like a silly scenario to consider.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Seems the Jazz only had enough fight for the third quarter - down big once again to the 76ers
                        But the West is so much better than the East.

Comment

• Next up, Heat are 8-2, Houston is 7-3 in their last 10
                          Raptors 8-2 and winners of 7 in a row and still haven't lost @ home.

But if Miami is able to hand them that first loss, the teams will have identical 15-5 records.....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But the West is so much better than the East.

Philly and Milwaukee both gonna win again tonight and we have a tough shed coming up. Go Raps!

Comment

• Utah Jazz are overhyped
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• we need a game thread I know...can't rush an artist. anyways, everyone's favourite point guard, Goran D, is out for the game tomorrow

Does anyone's spidey sense tingle when a player suddenly can't make the trip to Canada? I wonder if there are some visa/border issues we never hear about.

From the Miami Herald

"Just when the Heat’s roster was nearing full health, there’s a new addition to the team’s injury report.

Guard Goran Dragic is listed as out for Tuesday’s road game against the Raptors because of a strained right groin, according to the Heat’s 5:30 p.m. Monday injury report. It would mark the second game the 33-year-old Dragic has missed this season, with the first coming due to an illness in the Heat’s Nov. 16 home win over the Pelicans.

Dragic completed Sunday’s 109-106 win over the Nets with no apparent issue. He finished with a team-high 24 points on 9-of-18 shooting to go with six assists in 31 minutes."
                                Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Dec 2, 2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X