Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

    After sleeping on this, I've come to the conclusion: F*** Phoenix.


    Here is what happened last night from my inside sources (note: when I say inside sources, I mean the voices inside my head, not actually anyone in Raptors front office because I'm really a nobody on the internet):

    - No one knew about this kid because the Raptors promised him he'd be selected at 37 on the condition he did NOT workout for any other team. Clearly Masai has a relationship within BWB to be trusted enough to follow through on his word.

    - This is why he was a 'surprise' - no one knew about him except San Antonio, Toronto, Phoenix, and (maybe) Utah with Phoenix knowing about him because of Barbosa.

    - As the draft is unfolding, Phoenix knows about the deal with Memphis. They know Raps are going to take Bruno at 22. So they tried a gamble: take the hometown kid Ennis thinking the Raps will cough up Bruno and (maybe 37? cash?) to get Ennis.

    - Guess what? It failed. I'd love to see Tyler Ennis in a Raptor uniform but reality is Bruno is the youngest player in this draft with just as much upside as anyone not named Embiiid - in my opinion. In reality I feel bad for Ennis. I don't think they picked him to actually keep him.

    - Glad Ujiri stuck to his guns. Wish he could have snagged something for Salmons and/or Hansbrough though.

    - Very happy with pick. Like really really really happy. If this kid works out for teams during draft process, I think there is a much different spin on this pick and a different reaction.


    SO as I was saying: F*** Phoenix.

  • #2
    Not a bad theory. Warren will probably slide to the 3, Bogdanovic is a combo guard who may not come right away. I think Ennis was simply the best player available. They felt he was better than Gary Harris or the other prospects available (Hood would have been a nice pick there).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • #3
      mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Youngest player in this draft with just as much upside as anyone not named Embiiid

      - Very happy with pick. Like really really really happy.
      I really like this emotional post from you Matt. I think I will be quoting this in future many times

      Comment


      • #4
        mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        After sleeping on this, I've come to the conclusion: F*** Phoenix.


        Here is what happened last night from my inside sources (note: when I say inside sources, I mean the voices inside my head, not actually anyone in Raptors front office because I'm really a nobody on the internet):

        - No one knew about this kid because the Raptors promised him he'd be selected at 37 on the condition he did NOT workout for any other team. Clearly Masai has a relationship within BWB to be trusted enough to follow through on his word.

        - This is why he was a 'surprise' - no one knew about him except San Antonio, Toronto, Phoenix, and (maybe) Utah with Phoenix knowing about him because of Barbosa.

        - As the draft is unfolding, Phoenix knows about the deal with Memphis. They know Raps are going to take Bruno at 22. So they tried a gamble: take the hometown kid Ennis thinking the Raps will cough up Bruno and (maybe 37? cash?) to get Ennis.

        - Guess what? It failed. I'd love to see Tyler Ennis in a Raptor uniform but reality is Bruno is the youngest player in this draft with just as much upside as anyone not named Embiiid - in my opinion. In reality I feel bad for Ennis. I don't think they picked him to actually keep him.

        - Glad Ujiri stuck to his guns. Wish he could have snagged something for Salmons and/or Hansbrough though.

        - Very happy with pick. Like really really really happy. If this kid works out for teams during draft process, I think there is a much different spin on this pick and a different reaction.


        SO as I was saying: F*** Phoenix.
        I am pretty sure the Austrailian is the youngest ... Oh by the way how come there is two rules ie an American has to play one year NCAA but International players can be drafted at the age of 18 .
        Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 09:39 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bruno is the youngest player in this draft with just as much upside as anyone not named Embiiid

          too early to say. Let's watch summer league first...and then pre-season
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Exum is two months older than Bruno.

            Comment


            • #7
              guyroch wrote: View Post
              I am pretty sure the Austrailian is the youngest ... Oh by the way how come there is two rules ie an American has to play one year NCAA but International players can be drafted at the age of 18 .
              Nope.

              Exum July 13, 1995
              Vonleh August 24, 1995
              Gordon September 16, 1995
              Bruno September 21, 1995


              You have to be 19 by December 31st year of draft is my understanding..... American or International.

              Comment


              • #8
                MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Bruno is the youngest player in this draft with just as much upside as anyone not named Embiiid

                too early to say. Let's watch summer league first...and then pre-season
                I'm not sure how a uber athletic, 6'9", 7'7" wingspan who can shoot, dribble, block and is a gym rat in the same mold of DeMar DeRozan is not huge upside.

                Again, the issue here is no one knew about him because Masai promised he'd be drafted by Toronto if he didn't work out for anyone else.

                I was ridiculously high on 'Po last year and I think Raptors have the exact type of diamond in the rough with Bruno.


                Good decisions aren't always popular ones.

                I can't wait to see how it plays out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Nope.

                  Exum July 13, 1995
                  Vonleh August 24, 1995
                  Gordon September 16, 1995
                  Bruno September 21, 1995


                  You have to be 19 by December 31st year of draft is my understanding..... American or International.
                  Thanks for the correction .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was thinking the same thing regarding Phoenix's intentions of dangling Ennis. They probably wanted Bruno (which was later confirmed by Barbosa apparently "leaking" info on him to the Suns).

                    Either way, something's gotta give in Phoenix in their backcourt. Can't see how they start the season with Dragic, Bledsoe and Ennis.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am not mad the picked the kid it's when they did it. Between us and 37 there was Phoenix at 27 and spur at 30. I think both are too early for Bruno . We got nothing for our 37 pick


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        I am not mad the picked the kid it's when they did it. Between us and 37 there was Phoenix at 27 and spur at 30. I think both are too early for Bruno . We got nothing for our 37 pick


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        It's the 37th pick. Why were your expectations so high?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          It's the 37th pick. Why were your expectations so high?
                          There are not I just see better names dinwiddie , grant, GR3?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            There are not I just see better names dinwiddie , grant, GR3?


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            That is the key.

                            People don't like what they don't know.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              I am not mad the picked the kid it's when they did it. Between us and 37 there was Phoenix at 27 and spur at 30. I think both are too early for Bruno . We got nothing for our 37 pick


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Utah were picking at 23 and supposedly were aware of him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X