Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #20: Miami Heat 121 - Toronto Raptors 110 OT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'm curious to see if the Heat are as good as their record, they got smoked by Philly and lost to Houston lately, they've run up some W's against bad teams. Same thing can be said of the Raptors but I'm pretty sure right now the Raps are one of the top 5-7 teams in the league. We'll see about the Heat.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • #17
      S.R. wrote: View Post
      I'm curious to see if the Heat are as good as their record, they got smoked by Philly and lost to Houston lately, they've run up some W's against bad teams. Same thing can be said of the Raptors but I'm pretty sure right now the Raps are one of the top 5-7 teams in the league. We'll see about the Heat.
      According to Bball-ref, the Heat have had the 6th easiest schedule so far. Raps 11th hardest. But by their metric Raps are the 2nd best team so far, in terms of margin of victory, schedule adjusted (Heat are 7th).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #18
        Miami has the highest turnover rate in the NBA right now, which is surprising, given their record.

        Jimmy will probably be fine against our defence, but with Dragic out, those rooks are going to feel a new level of defensive pressure. I expect A LOT of our transition game tonight.

        Excellent thread, Goldblum! It's everything I didn't know I wanted!

        Comment


        • #19
          Butler is hitting only 24% of his 3PA's. Hero, Robinson and Nunn are the primary outside threats with C's Leonard and Kelly O very capable of knocking shots down from deep. BAM likes to crash the offensive boards. With Dragic out, this a very young group that are winning by playing tough D and as Dan H. mentions taking full advantage of an easy schedule. Tonight it is our turn to eat on a lesser team. It's our game. Keep the streak(s) alive.

          Comment


          • #20
            Anyone figure out the Heat player gifs yet?

            Here is my stab at it (and by the way I love these):

            Julie Andrews as a nun == Kendrick Nunn
            Kid in bed getting served by a butler == Jimmy Butler
            Dunkin donuts cup == Duncan Robinson
            Wiener truck == "Oscar" Meyers Leonard
            "You suck" == Bam Adebayo

            Comment


            • #21
              planetmars wrote: View Post
              Anyone figure out the Heat player gifs yet?

              Here is my stab at it (and by the way I love these):

              Julie Andrews as a nun == Kendrick Nunn
              Kid in bed getting served by a butler == Jimmy Butler
              Dunkin donuts cup == Duncan Robinson
              Wiener truck == "Oscar" Meyers Leonard
              "You suck" == Bam Adebayo
              That’s how I read them. The funny thing is I had to look up the Heat roster to get the names. I’m still a pretty big fan of the NBA and I’m amazed how often I don’t the 5 man starting lineups of teams in our own conference. Championship hangover I guess

              Comment


              • #22
                Jclaw wrote: View Post

                That’s how I read them. The funny thing is I had to look up the Heat roster to get the names. I’m still a pretty big fan of the NBA and I’m amazed how often I don’t the 5 man starting lineups of teams in our own conference. Championship hangover I guess
                Yeah.. I couldn't get the Leonard one until I cheated (ie, looked at the Heat roster). But the other four were easier for me. Duncan Robinson was a guy I was look at for one of my fantasy leagues.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I only missed the "Dunkin" Robinson reference in that he is a second year pro getting his first regular rotation duty. Other than Nunn, who has been featured on Heat game highlight clips, the others are veteran, recognizable players. Love the :;Who is this?" challenge and looking forward to see Houston's James "Hardon" assuming we notch another W.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                    I only missed the "Dunkin" Robinson reference in that he is a second year pro getting his first regular rotation duty. Other than Nunn, who has been featured on Heat game highlight clips, the others are veteran, recognizable players. Love the :;Who is this?" challenge and looking forward to see Houston's James "Hardon" assuming we notch another W.

                    Duncan Robinson should have been this.... but hey, who TF am I to be questioning Goldblum when it comes to gifs?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This is a must win game.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Don't want to this game too lightly, but honestly, their lineup strikes very little fear in me. If Nurse can turn Butler into a pumpkin, like he's done with other stars, I could see those young guys on the Heat folding faster than a lawn chair.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          golden wrote: View Post


                          Duncan Robinson should have been this.... but hey, who TF am I to be questioning Goldblum when it comes to gifs?

                          Ha. Awesome.

                          I thought of David Robinson dunking, but not that.

                          By and large, I prefer not to reference other basketball players in the cryptic crossword lineups though... just a thing I have.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Anyone figure out the Heat player gifs yet?

                            Here is my stab at it (and by the way I love these):

                            Julie Andrews as a nun == Kendrick Nunn
                            Kid in bed getting served by a butler == Jimmy Butler
                            Dunkin donuts cup == Duncan Robinson
                            Wiener truck == "Oscar" Meyers Leonard
                            "You suck" == Bam Adebayo
                            Ding ding ding!!

                            (You were first to list them last time too, I believe? Well done, sir.)
                            Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Tue Dec 3rd, 2019, 07:16 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Lowry’s back! It’s go time!
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                golden wrote: View Post


                                Duncan Robinson should have been this.... but hey, who TF am I to be questioning Goldblum when it comes to gifs?

                                That is an awesome reference. Goldblum deserves a pass on this one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X