Game #20: Miami Heat 121 - Toronto Raptors 110 OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #20: Miami Heat 121 - Toronto Raptors 110 OT

We came out and hit 'em so hard they were following suit themselves...

You're liable to end up in concussion protocol... take it easy there, Rudy!

I couldn't stick around for the third quarter -- and it seems as though our Raps couldn't either. What do you expect... Wake us up for a second half when we don't go into it up
    FORTY.

We showed Salt Lake we know jazz better than they know it themselves.

Next up...

It's time to show Miami we're the experts on HEAT...

We're currently on the NBA's all-time best streak against divisional opponents at home. (...Granted, Miami doesn't qualify there.)

However...

We've won 7 games in a row.

We've won a franchise-best 9 consecutive home games to open the season.

We've got the Eastern Conference coach of the month, NBA Champion Nick Nurse at the helm.

Now, these Heat are no joke...

Raptors come in having won 8 of their last 10 -- and so have Miami.

We've been longing for some real competition.

We were up to the task Sunday,
    with that smooth, smooth Jurassic Jazz.

We destroyed the Utes right from the get-go.

Let's do it again.

Let us be the ones bringing the heat -- and this time -- no letting up 'til that final buzzer sounds.

(...keep it in your pants, Marc.)

It was glorious to have Serge back in the fold. Welcome back, big fella!

Meanwhile, Kyle's listed as questionable, though it sounds unlikely that he'll play.

As such... I'm sticking with them that brought us here...

YOUR STARTERS:

VS.

The Miami (gonna get) BEAT:

Let's keep this hot streak going.

And not just for the first 24...

but for the whole 48...

Right on through December.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!

(too soon?)

GO RAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Tue Dec 3, 2019, 03:36 AM.

Smokin'

Comment

Game day! Great test here. Would be nice to put some distance between us and the Heat in the standings.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Let's keep all those streaks going, most importantly...... Goldblum's epic game-thread streak. lol.

Comment

when you read Goldblum's thread
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I’ve barely watched any of Miami’s games so far, so I’m interested to see what they look like. Gotta win to keep pace with the Bucks
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Battle of the Undrafted. Looking forward to it. Feels a bit like a vestigial philly rematch with facing our old nemesis Butler for the first time since.....

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Battle of the Undrafted. Looking forward to it. Feels a bit like a vestigial philly rematch with facing our old nemesis Butler for the first time since.....
                Heat Culture vs. Raptors Culture. Let's see if those Heat rooks can make shots under the pressure of championship level defense.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Heat Culture vs. Raptors Culture. Let's see if those Heat rooks can make shots under the pressure of championship level defense.

In addition to the usual stuff (rebound, defend the three point line), going to be watching the Miami turnover number tonight. They are averaging 18 per game which is good for dead last in the league against an opportunistic defense and the best fast break team around.

Also, keeping Butler off the line might a low key difference maker (he's averaging about 9 per game).

Comment

It's a beautiful, bright and sunny Game Day here in Eastern Ontario looking out over the St. Lawrence River. Miami has played exceptionally well putting up an impressive 14-5 record. We should be fine tonight, provided Serge passes to team mates who are actually checked into the game!

Man, GSW has dropped into the deep abyss losing by 25 to ATL. What's this crap about the WC being stronger than our EC. When our last place team beats your last place team by 25. I say Phoey.

GO RAPS GO! Keep on streaking. Don't stop streaking. Your gonna be....Ah the songs and sounds of the 70's.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                      It's a beautiful, bright and sunny Game Day here in Eastern Ontario looking out over the St. Lawrence River. Miami has played exceptionally well putting up an impressive 14-5 record. We should be fine tonight, provided Serge passes to team mates who are actually checked into the game!

Man, GSW has dropped into the deep abyss losing by 25 to ATL. What's this crap about the WC being stronger than our EC. When our last place team beats your last place team by 25. I say Phoey.

GO RAPS GO! Keep on streaking. Don't stop streaking. Your gonna be....Ah the songs and sounds of the 70's.
                      Bright and sunny start today but persistent ice covering all the trees here in western GTA.
                      Really beautiful but I'm done with it already and we need the Raps to bring the heat and get this garbage outta here .....

While I'm at it, what's with Kyle wearing 4 hoodies and 3 parkas and leaving the hoods up for interviews inside the arena. That's no way to attract FA here and Kawhi be all like "that's why I left"

Comment

Dragic is out which makes things easier when they go to their bench. But yeah, Miami has been playing really well. The Fred/Nunn and OG/Butler match ups should be fun.

They don't have a guy that can guard Pascal though. So he should get an easy 30 points tonight.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Dragic is out which makes things easier when they go to their bench. But yeah, Miami has been playing really well. The Fred/Nunn and OG/Butler match ups should be fun.

They don't have a guy that can guard Pascal though. So he should get an easy 30 points tonight.
                          Adebayo seems to be athletic and long/strong enough to hang with Pascal. Not sure about the foot speed. We'll see.

Comment

Miami is just a gritty tough team. There rookies have made them a pretty decent watch but they still play that slow, ugly grind it out ball we are used to. Jimmy hasn't come in and try to reinvent the wheel which i expected him to try and make this "His" team. I've been pleasantly surprised by how he was interrogated himself into the team. They have a pretty good bench with Herro, olynk and dragic. Gorans out so that means more minutes for Herro can't let him get going he looks like a young Klay thompson to me, im very high on him.
                            Winslow will probably get the Pascal matchup he is a very capable defender so be intresting to see how we attack him.
                            I don't think we need to "superstar" defense we have broken out earlier this year Miami plays good team ball so its more about defending the 3 pt line and limiting drives.

Something to watch for the- With a team that doesn't want to play fast they look for sneaky ways to knock the ball away after a made basket, so we can't get out in transition. Bucks did it in our series, if you do it wisely you can get away with it without getting delay of game warnings
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Bright and sunny start today but persistent ice covering all the trees here in western GTA.
                              Really beautiful but I'm done with it already and we need the Raps to bring the heat and get this garbage outta here .....

While I'm at it, what's with Kyle wearing 4 hoodies and 3 parkas and leaving the hoods up for interviews inside the arena. That's no way to attract FA here and Kawhi be all like "that's why I left"
                              The one we really care about resides in Milwaukee, he’ll be used to the cold by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X