Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have a ? about the center position. Are they just gonna let Gasol and Ibaka walk this offseason? If so who's gonna be our starting center next year?

    they gotta bring back one of them right?

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post

      Sounds like that's the guy they are shopping, rather than JJ. But I also imagine they are asking a lot. He's also got a player option in 2021, which is non-ideal.
      I feel like it’s a situation where they’d be happy to trade him if they get a big offer, but are in no rush given his contract

      I would love to get him though
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

      Comment


      • Sonny wrote: View Post
        I have a ? about the center position. Are they just gonna let Gasol and Ibaka walk this offseason? If so who's gonna be our starting center next year?

        they gotta bring back one of them right?
        My theory since this summer when it became clear they were staying the course instead of tearing it down was that they would a) pursue a one year extension for Lowry (check) and then b) pursue a similar extension with one of the C's leading up to the deadline depending on how the season goes to that point, and trade the other for value. I'd hope they press hard to get Gasol to stay the extra year on an overpay.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • Wonder how high the pelican are on NAW. He hasn't been getting much playing time. I'd love to do the JJ trade and sneak NAW in there as a throw in. David griffins actually competent so probably not likely. But norm and a 1st for those guys? Masai work you magic
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Wonder how high the pelican are on NAW. He hasn't been getting much playing time. I'd love to do the JJ trade and sneak NAW in there as a throw in. David griffins actually competent so probably not likely. But norm and a 1st for those guys? Masai work you magic

            Comment


            • Indiana might trade Myles Turner? He doesn't fit Sabonis apparently. Do we have a chance of getting him?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I wonder if we can get Jrue. I think he's the best fit if you want to make this team good for the future and present
                Agreed. Just don’t know how we get it done and if we can still keep a max spot open for 2021.

                Comment


                • big boi wrote: View Post

                  Agreed. Just don’t know how we get it done and if we can still keep a max spot open for 2021.
                  Not resigning Ibaka and Gasol wouldn't be enough?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                    Not resigning Ibaka and Gasol wouldn't be enough?
                    I can’t pretend to know the granularity of our cap situation moving forward based on the variables being discussed. I would like to resign Fred and definitely want to hold on to OG. Does sound possible but Jrue is on a big salary and I believe It was pointed out that he has a player option for 21-22. I just wouldn’t want to take away our flexibility to add a max player.

                    Comment


                    • big boi wrote: View Post

                      I can’t pretend to know the granularity of our cap situation moving forward based on the variables being discussed. I would like to resign Fred and definitely want to hold on to OG. Does sound possible but Jrue is on a big salary and I believe It was pointed out that he has a player option for 21-22. I just wouldn’t want to take away our flexibility to add a max player.
                      Yeah, we'd be pooched for 2021 if we had Jrue and also kept FVV and OG, even if we dumped Powell.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Indiana might trade Myles Turner? He doesn't fit Sabonis apparently. Do we have a chance of getting him?
                        Turner is really good, we have a hole at C long term, and his 18M deal is fairly reasonable. It would possibly mean bailing on summer 2021, but there's a chance we could fit him and a max slot in if we dump Powell (I'd imagine he'd go in the Turner deal) and FVV comes in cheaper than expected, and if the cap doesn't drop because of the China stuff. Real tight but possible. Bit of a buy low scenario with his season so far.

                        Wonder what it would take. Last season it would have been crazy expensive to trade for him but I wonder now. They'd likely want a big back, but just as a filler, and ideally a guy who can play next to Sabonis - so Ibaka makes sense there. But how to provide them value... Powell is the obvious sell high candidate. But with him and Ibaka both there it makes salaries really hard to make work. Indy can add some salary before hitting the tax so there is some flexibility there but Turner makes 18M and Ibaka and Powell make 33.4M combined. Break even means another 15M player, bare minimum to make the math work is another 9M. Which means Lamb or Warren, both of whom are in their rotation and also extend into 2021.

                        You could build a deal around just Ibaka, but that means a lot of draft assets if we aren't providing much current value. Not too comfortable with that. We could trade this year's pick pretty safely but at some point we need to start making draft picks again, and just one draft pick with Ibaka would be a surprisingly cheap price.

                        Perhaps a better construct is to build the deal around Powell to start, and fill in what would provide value. So, Powell makes 10M, and we need to send out 13M to make it work. Well, they will still want that big man, so we could send Boucher their way to fit into the rotation right away, or Hernandez if they want more of a prospect. Then add Stanley Johnson or Patrick McCaw as filler. Looking at that deal it looks like we'd need to throw in draft assets, I suspect this year's pick, but knowing Masai it'll be a couple 2nd's or something. Still not sure that's the best deal Indy will get on the market, but it's the best we can likely do (or want to anyway). Would necessitate another deal moving one of the centres on the roster, likely Ibaka, but they are probably looking into that already.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post

                          Turner is really good, we have a hole at C long term, and his 18M deal is fairly reasonable. It would possibly mean bailing on summer 2021, but there's a chance we could fit him and a max slot in if we dump Powell (I'd imagine he'd go in the Turner deal) and FVV comes in cheaper than expected, and if the cap doesn't drop because of the China stuff. Real tight but possible. Bit of a buy low scenario with his season so far.

                          Wonder what it would take. Last season it would have been crazy expensive to trade for him but I wonder now. They'd likely want a big back, but just as a filler, and ideally a guy who can play next to Sabonis - so Ibaka makes sense there. But how to provide them value... Powell is the obvious sell high candidate. But with him and Ibaka both there it makes salaries really hard to make work. Indy can add some salary before hitting the tax so there is some flexibility there but Turner makes 18M and Ibaka and Powell make 33.4M combined. Break even means another 15M player, bare minimum to make the math work is another 9M. Which means Lamb or Warren, both of whom are in their rotation and also extend into 2021.

                          You could build a deal around just Ibaka, but that means a lot of draft assets if we aren't providing much current value. Not too comfortable with that. We could trade this year's pick pretty safely but at some point we need to start making draft picks again, and just one draft pick with Ibaka would be a surprisingly cheap price.

                          Perhaps a better construct is to build the deal around Powell to start, and fill in what would provide value. So, Powell makes 10M, and we need to send out 13M to make it work. Well, they will still want that big man, so we could send Boucher their way to fit into the rotation right away, or Hernandez if they want more of a prospect. Then add Stanley Johnson or Patrick McCaw as filler. Looking at that deal it looks like we'd need to throw in draft assets, I suspect this year's pick, but knowing Masai it'll be a couple 2nd's or something. Still not sure that's the best deal Indy will get on the market, but it's the best we can likely do (or want to anyway). Would necessitate another deal moving one of the centres on the roster, likely Ibaka, but they are probably looking into that already.
                          As I read your post I was watching the pacers game with Turner guarding LeBron wiith 20 seconds left.

                          Turner, Siakam, OG, would be sick defensively.

                          Comment


                          • A 'Screw You Adam Silver' trade that work in the trade machine (but will not work in real life)

                            http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygwqflhm

                            Comment


                            • The more I hear about signing FVV to a long term deal with the "hope" it's at $20M annually the more I wonder if it would be a really bad move. He's sort of peaked and is not near an all star level player. I wonder if Masai would consider trading FVV by the deadline?

                              Comment


                              • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                The more I hear about signing FVV to a long term deal with the "hope" it's at $20M annually the more I wonder if it would be a really bad move. He's sort of peaked and is not near an all star level player.
                                Who decided both of these statements to be true?
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X