No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps now 21-8. They were 21-8 at this point last year too. Respek.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      Raps now 21-8. They were 21-8 at this point last year too. Respek.
      This year, injuries left right and center. This team is good. But Lowry is declining, Fred is too small, Norm has bad advanced stats, Serge too, Gasol can't score, OG is just a role player, Siakam, well he just isn't that dude right T Rex?, Boucher is soft, RHJ can't shoot, and TD just isn't ready.

At least we have Pat McCaw. Merry Christmas RR brethren!
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This year, injuries left right and center. This team is good. But Lowry is declining, Fred is too small, Norm has bad advanced stats, Serge too, Gasol can't score, OG is just a role player, Siakam, well he just isn't that dude right T Rex?, Boucher is soft, RHJ can't shoot, and TD just isn't ready.

AND Malcolm "D" Miller. And a Happy New Year

Comment

You are making this a career.

merry christmas to you too.

your new year resolution: “i should stopped stalking and acting like a pseudo moderator of this forum”

lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

You know, I noticed since Kawhi left you've been posting a lot on how great non-raptor players are, how good it must feel to be a fan of another team etc... But the reality is, we ain't too shabby my man, and we're poised to continue growing in the next few years even though we had a great player leave. It's just that the grass always seem to be a bit greener on the other side. On this game that Kawhi "dominated" he had 26/7/9. Siakam is no Kawhi but he's averaging 25/8/3.5. (So yeah Kawhi had more assists but nothing glaring). We all hear about the 50pt Harden game every month but what has his team done? If Nurse decided that Siakam would take 45% of the whole team's shots he'd be putting up 50 from time to time as well.

I know it's about the playoffs, but with over a third of the season completed we actually have a better winning % than the "scary good clippers" as of the time I type this. We'd be 2nd in the West right now, and that's with all the injuries. As for Beal & Butler, people seem to dream about these guys all the time but the reality is neither have been past the 2nd round in their whole careers. Meanwhile we have a roster still laden with champions (albeit aging, but so is Butler), with significant deep playoff experience even before the championship. On top of that we have the best front office in the league. We may not be poised to repeat right away but I like our outlook for the future
            You sound like you think there's something wrong with encouraging the Raptor brass to not rest on last year's accomplishment. Raps fans should NOT go back to accepting pretty good teams....and we need to add a significant player next year or 2021 to go back to chip land imo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You sound like you think there's something wrong with encouraging the Raptor brass to not rest on last year's accomplishment. Raps fans should NOT go back to accepting pretty good teams....and we need to add a significant player next year or 2021 to go back to chip land imo
              I dont think anybody is "accepting pretty good", were just accepting that we won a championship, and then lost the best player in the world. We are now tied for 2nd in the east, which is pretty fucking outstanding all things considered. Everyone here wants a championship again and we have the right guy for the job in place. All things considered tho, you gotta give this season an A on the 1/3 mark report card
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

I dont think anybody is "accepting pretty good", were just accepting that we won a championship, and then lost the best player in the world. We are now tied for 2nd in the east, which is pretty fucking outstanding all things considered. Everyone here wants a championship again and we have the right guy for the job in place. All things considered tho, you gotta give this season an A on the 1/3 mark report card
                Absolutely. Cheers!

Comment

• Jazz trade for Jordan Clarkson from the Cavs for Dante Exum and two second round picks. Pretty good pick-up for the Jazz I think, and this once again starts a rebuild for the Cavs. Lets see if this starts the ball rolling on any other trades.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Jazz trade for Jordan Clarkson from the Cavs for Dante Exum and two second round picks. Pretty good pick-up for the Jazz I think, and this once again starts a rebuild for the Cavs. Lets see if this starts the ball rolling on any other trades.
                    Weird to see a trade so close to Christmas. It's essentially a salary dump for Utah since Exum had about $9M owed to him next year and Clarkson will be a UFA. 2 second rounders seem like nothing but if Masai had those he would have found two gems.

Comment

• Detroit shopping Drummond and talking to Atlanta plus other teams per Woj.

A year or two too late IMO. And I don't really see the fit in Atlanta. Drummond is overrated.

Comment

• The guy the Raptors need to move this season is Ibaka. They can't just let him walk away for nothing.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Detroit shopping Drummond and talking to Atlanta plus other teams per Woj.

A year or two too late IMO. And I don't really see the fit in Atlanta. Drummond is overrated.
                          Drummond is definitely overrated but the thought is that Drummond plans to opt out of his $28M final year, making him an expiring contract. Also, Yahoo Sports reported Toronto is one of the teams interested. I'm wondering what this is about.. are they inquiring for the sole purpose of the expiring part? Drummond is terrible (at that price) in the new NBA.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• the raps won't win if all this year....sell ...it'll be better for our future ...and once you sell ...you'll give the younger players more time to develop

Comment

• Feel like us being connected to Drummond is just pistons trying to put pressure on the couple of teams who maybe interested. Good strategy actually.. other gms may think oh shit massi is circling better get this done. And if he is kicking the tires it must be a good move.

The type of moves I'm interested in is players like iggy or Reddick
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• We need to trade norm, I am also not a OG fan. I would like to get something for Lowry if we can

Comment

Working...
                                X