Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    Oubre not really available imo

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gambo987/...88573055307777

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Iggy going to Heat? they can be a major nuisance.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Huhuhu....

just realized Warriors may regurgitate again inedible McCaw so dont see Raps dealing him

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Alec Burks or Glen Robinson or both taken off the Warriors roster tonight.

minor move?

Raptors can use one or both to get rid of our two trash (Stanley and the Hall of Famer McCaw) plus throw in a future 2nd rounder.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I dont know what the suns are thinking. They just stole him out from under the wizards. He was a really good get. Decent shot, athletic and plays really hard on the defensive end.
    I would say he is an upgrade on Norm. 2 years younger and think he has more upside. Possible attitude issues tho.
    Maybe Kelly is an asshole ?

He is a Kansas guy after all and that place has had more than its share of busts and jerks .
    Kansas produced the affable Morris twins. The can't stick Ben McLemore. The one step ahead of the law Josh Selby. The seemingly unmotivate-able Andrew Wiggins. And the forgettable Thomas Robinson.

Kelly might be one of things that are sold and not bought ?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Morey has had Houston for 13 years. He has missed the playoffs only 3 times.
    He has averaged 50 plus wins a year since he took over in 2007 (excluding the strike shortened season).
    He got Harden out of OKC for a bag of magic beans.
    He is always willing to take a swing at it and while its early and the returns on the Paul / Westbrooke deal are yet to be fully seen he doesn't really wind up on the negative side of a deal very often. On this one he might but to early to judge it.
    Also should be noted that Morey had to make the Paul deal cause of the tension between Harden and Paul.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Ya, I like what Serg brings, so I wouldn’t want to move him. It’s very difficult with our current roster to find a trade that works.

best case is we send out McCaw and SJ with a few picks to get a get on a rookie contract.
    Yeah.. it feels like FRP in the NBA these days are worth quite a bit.. even if they are in the low 20's. I think our FRP+SJ should be able to net us someone decent. Like a prospect from last year's draft.

Someone like NAW from the Pelicans for example.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Ya, I like what Serg brings, so I wouldn’t want to move him. It’s very difficult with our current roster to find a trade that works.

best case is we send out McCaw and SJ with a few picks to get a get on a rookie contract.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I don’t know who we target or who is available. We basically need a guy that can take that last shot. Kyle and VV are too short and have trouble getting their shot off. And I don’t think Pascal is good enough in the midrange yet.

If we want to go far in the playoffs we need a guy of this pedigree. For the right guy I think we can move Gasol. While I loving watching him play and see his value, the age and his expiring contract makes him movable
    If we're moving a C, I'd rather move Serge. Yet need him to be our big insurance since Marc is so fragile. I don't want to move Marc. He's essential against guys like Giannis and Embiid.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I don’t think I would move Norm for him. If we can improve without moving our top 7. I think 1st rounders are movable for the right guy on a rookie scale contract.
    It comes down to money though to make a deal. Better players make north of $13M. RHJ, McCaw, SJ make about $10M but that's 3 players. Hard to do a 3 for 1 trade. Norm is the guy with the biggest salary that's essentially a bench player. And his contract eats into 2021.

It's why his name keeps coming up. But yeah, if we can be buyers without trading our top 7 that would be ideal. Just not sure how probable that would be. Especially since McCaw and SJ are really, really bad.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I don’t know who we target or who is available. We basically need a guy that can take that last shot. Kyle and VV are too short and have trouble getting their shot off. And I don’t think Pascal is good enough in the midrange yet.

If we want to go far in the playoffs we need a guy of this pedigree. For the right guy I think we can move Gasol. While I loving watching him play and see his value, the age and his expiring contract makes him movable

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I don’t think I would move Norm for him. If we can improve without moving our top 7. I think 1st rounders are movable for the right guy on a rookie scale contract.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Suns are shopping Oubre. Or just taking trade calls. Not sure why though.

Oubre is cheap and a pretty young good player. Expires in 2021 as well.

Is he an upgrade over Norm? Oubre for Norm and a FRP? Is that worth it?

I dont know what the suns are thinking. They just stole him out from under the wizards. He was a really good get. Decent shot, athletic and plays really hard on the defensive end.
    I would say he is an upgrade on Norm. 2 years younger and think he has more upside. Possible attitude issues tho.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Daryl Morey doing sh*t just to be relevant. He's basically a rich man's Bryan Colangelo. Looks like a desperation move to me and admission that he got smoked in the Russ-CP3 deal.
    Cmon Golden... Colangelo as a compare ?
    Two minutes for rebuttal...
    Here goes.

Morey has had Houston for 13 years. He has missed the playoffs only 3 times.
    He has averaged 50 plus wins a year since he took over in 2007 (excluding the strike shortened season).
    He got Harden out of OKC for a bag of magic beans.
    He is always willing to take a swing at it and while its early and the returns on the Paul / Westbrooke deal are yet to be fully seen he doesn't really wind up on the negative side of a deal very often. On this one he might but to early to judge it.

Morey is different than Masai in that Ujiri is incredibly patient and has a longer term view... Morey seems to operate with a one year horizon.
    They are different in that respect but are both effective GMs. To me anyway Daryl is in the same upper quandrant of GM's along with Ujiri . Ujiris championship puts him a line higher and a space further to the right on the XY axis where X is sustainability and Y is success.

I think this is the guy that Dolan should hire.... He fits in NY.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Suns are shopping Oubre. Or just taking trade calls. Not sure why though.

Oubre is cheap and a pretty young good player. Expires in 2021 as well.

Is he an upgrade over Norm? Oubre for Norm and a FRP? Is that worth it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X