X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    FWIW, this means Covington won’t go to philly and capella won’t go to Boston. I wonder if they’ll make some reactionary moves
    I like that.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    FWIW, this means Covington won’t go to philly and capella won’t go to Boston. I wonder if they’ll make some reactionary moves

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    There was a lot of followup news on the four-team deal, which appears to be, in its final form:

to Houston: Robert Covington, Jordan Bell, 2nd-rounder from Minnesota
    to Atlanta: Clint Capela, Nene
    to Minnesota: Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez, Evan Turner, Jarred Vanderbilt, Brooklyn's 2020 first
    to Denver: Noah Vonleh, Gerald Green, Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier, Houston's 2021 first (which is being pickswapped with OKC)

I like this trade for Houston; they get Covington, who'll be great for them, and a decent bench forward in Bell. They don't have any true bigs now, but they've still got a first-rounder they can trade for a decent rim protector, which is all they really need their bigs to do, and between that and the buyout market they should be able to find what they need. Minnesota did... okay, I guess. Malik Beasley and a first-rounder is reasonable return for Covington. Vanderbilt is a warm body, Hernangomez is kind of done and Evan Turner is, well, Evan Turner. Denver offloaded Beasley (who they aren't paying next year) for a first-rounder, Noah Vonleh (who is a good rotation player who can replace Beasley) and a bunch of salary they'll probably just waive. Atlanta wanted Capela and I guess they got him.
    Houston can't trade their 2020 pick if the 2021 pick was sent to Denver. Can't be out two picks in a row.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    They have 12M in Cap relief to go get a big before the deadline, I'm sure there's someone looking to get out of the tax. They'll have a big before Thurs.

Tristan Thompson would be the best option for them but he looks out of reach for salary matching. They'll probably end up with Deadmon or similar
    No, what they did was they ducked the tax.. they are still over the cap. They were $7M above the tax before the trade. Now they are under the tax, but still over the cap. They're largest TPE is $3.6M.

They can't really get another center unless they are willing to trade Tucker, House, etc.. or get a cheap one.

But they do have Hartenstein and he put up big numbers when given a chance. They'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    They have 12M in Cap relief to go get a big before the deadline, I'm sure there's someone looking to get out of the tax. They'll have a big before Thurs.

Tristan Thompson would be the best option for them but he looks out of reach for salary matching. They'll probably end up with Deadmon or similar

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    I don’t get it for Houston? They gave up both Capela and a 1st for Covington, Bell and a 2nd? How is Tucker going to survive playing full-time centre, especially if they go up against, say, the Lakers in the playoffs?

I do like it for Atlanta. They gave up a mid-round 1st and can try and build around a frontcourt of Collins and Capela.

Both Minnesota and Denver get a 1st and shuffle around depth pieces. Seems okay for them
    like i was saying earlier, houston believes just about any screen and dive man can produce as many 'wins' as clint capela catching lobs from james harden, so they replaced him with jordan bell and picked up a 3 and D wing who better fits their system. both capela and jordan bell have gotten played off the floor in the playoffs anyways, so why not?

it might be risky this year as the big western power is not the warriors, but i get why they did it. covington is pretty good, while just capela put up big numbers in an environment that made nene look good.

i don't get it from minny's perspective. they are trying to amass assets to attach to wiggins to send to golden state for russell... i don't think they got enough.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I don’t get it for Houston? They gave up both Capela and a 1st for Covington, Bell and a 2nd? How is Tucker going to survive playing full-time centre, especially if they go up against, say, the Lakers in the playoffs?

I do like it for Atlanta. They gave up a mid-round 1st and can try and build around a frontcourt of Collins and Capela.

Both Minnesota and Denver get a 1st and shuffle around depth pieces. Seems okay for them

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    There was a lot of followup news on the four-team deal, which appears to be, in its final form:

to Houston: Robert Covington, Jordan Bell, 2nd-rounder from Minnesota
    to Atlanta: Clint Capela, Nene
    to Minnesota: Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez, Evan Turner, Jarred Vanderbilt, Brooklyn's 2020 first
    to Denver: Noah Vonleh, Gerald Green, Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier, Houston's 2021 first (which is being pickswapped with OKC)

I like this trade for Houston; they get Covington, who'll be great for them, and a decent bench forward in Bell. They don't have any true bigs now, but they've still got a first-rounder they can trade for a decent rim protector, which is all they really need their bigs to do, and between that and the buyout market they should be able to find what they need. Minnesota did... okay, I guess. Malik Beasley and a first-rounder is reasonable return for Covington. Vanderbilt is a warm body, Hernangomez is kind of done and Evan Turner is, well, Evan Turner. Denver offloaded Beasley (who they aren't paying next year) for a first-rounder, Noah Vonleh (who is a good rotation player who can replace Beasley) and a bunch of salary they'll probably just waive. Atlanta wanted Capela and I guess they got him.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Houston going to be starting WB-Harden-Gordon-Covington and Tucker. lol pretty much an entire lineup of wings and pgs. Going to be quite the experiment

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Actually nvm not going to have to wait that long. Like this for Atl and Denver. Feel like Houston is going to be really regret not having a Center if they get Denver or Lakers in playoffs

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    Trade deadline as a whole has been a massive standoff
    Feel like were going to wake up tomorrow to the first deal.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Trade deadline as a whole has been a massive standoff

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Four-peat’s are pretty much impossible in the modern era. Sell high.
    ha. but we've got a chance at history! there is no price high enough, even if there is technically no associated cost aside from what he is owed contractually.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

lol. no way we're just waiving away a ring like that. stanley johnson, on the other hand
    Four-peat’s are pretty much impossible in the modern era. Sell high.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I’m okay if that move for move’s sake is waiving McCaw. That would inspire confidence in me.
    lol. no way we're just waiving away a ring like that. stanley johnson, on the other hand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X