X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

so let's make a move for the sake of making a move in order to inspire confidence in a group of overachievers with impeccable chemistry who are also the defending champions? is that what this says?
    I’m okay if that move for move’s sake is waiving McCaw. That would inspire confidence in me.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Remember when the Raps did nothing at a prior deadline and Kyle/DeMar went off because every other team went and got help to some degree while we stood pat? They looked at it as a vote of non confidence.

I think we're seeing the same thing here this season. This team has over achieved and and needs a vote of confidence in the form of at least a minor move. And I 100% believe there will be one. If they bow out in the first (*gasp*) or second round, the optics for Masai and Webster look terrible. It won't be looked at as they believed the team was good enough to compete as is but more that they weren't close enough to make moves for.

You can't tell me there aren't upgrades to out mid bench players and this team deserves one as much for the move itself (minor) as the shot in the arm optics (major). 100% there will be a minor move.

And the Celtics and Sixers will be making more impactful ones (on the surface) imo
    Who's "we"? You mean you? Masai ain't worried about "optics". He will make a move if there's one that tangibly improves the team. If there isn't, he won't. This is core group of 7 guys just won championship, is currently on pace for 59 and is confident is themselves and each other. They're not looking for management for help, they're grinding. If they happen to lose in the second round they'll go down fighting, and I doubt there will be anyone on the team saying "oh if only Masai got us superstar robert covington at the deadline we'd be in the ECF"

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I'm liking this Josh Hart rumour! Could the Pels want SJ back... plus sweetener of corse

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    Remember when the Raps did nothing at a prior deadline and Kyle/DeMar went off because every other team went and got help to some degree while we stood pat? They looked at it as a vote of non confidence.

I think we're seeing the same thing here this season. This team has over achieved and and needs a vote of confidence in the form of at least a minor move. And I 100% believe there will be one. If they bow out in the first (*gasp*) or second round, the optics for Masai and Webster look terrible. It won't be looked at as they believed the team was good enough to compete as is but more that they weren't close enough to make moves for.

You can't tell me there aren't upgrades to out mid bench players and this team deserves one as much for the move itself (minor) as the shot in the arm optics (major). 100% there will be a minor move.

And the Celtics and Sixers will be making more impactful ones (on the surface) imo
    I do not think we lack confidence.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

then this..

lol he’s trolling

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

so let's make a move for the sake of making a move in order to inspire confidence in a group of overachievers with impeccable chemistry who are also the defending champions? is that what this says?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

then this..

Why did he wait 30 mintues to post that one lol.
    What im hearing is Capela to Atl. Covington to Houston. Wolves get the picks from houston and Atlanta and then package that to GS with wiggins. Golden state seems to be the one who would decide if this goes through casue every other team gets what they want.

Berta Bomb

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Warriors beat writer just posted this
    then this..

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

i think he could be a great fit there in the low usage harrison barnes role actually, although he makes so much money they must be sending multiple picks. would be curious to see how he does in a competent organisation with lower expectations (in terms of his role i mean, not organizationally)

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    I'm just waiting for Masai 2 drop massive bomb on all of media clowns down south..with massive trade..

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    If Massai made a crucial trade, then it will be only for the sake of the playoff. I do not think he is eyeing 2021 or so now as next season he will have his hands full of players with expired contracts.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Younger Danny Green..seems about right, what raptors are looking for, gotta get that bench better for the playoffs..I like his game, plays hard..will c..pelicans leaked it,they want more and want other teams in on it..

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Not sure how reputable that tweet is but Josh Hart would fit well on the team IMO. Good bench upgrade. He's only making $1.6M. Enough to fit into our TPE so could just give back a pick.

But what I find more interesting is that we're talking to New Orleans. They have a pretty good combo guard over there....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X