X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nubreed000
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

The funny thing is, lost in the hoopla of Kawhi’s shot, he went 16-39 in the game. We can get better too . But I agree with your point.
    lost in the hoopla of Kawhi's shot, is the fact that that whole game was just terrible. Epic ending, but the game itself was painful to watch. I like our chances against Philly this year. They don't have the shooting that they had last year.

Milwuakee though...not sure how we would match up against them in the post season.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I saw Masai talk to Vince. We might get him

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

You don't see we could improve on one of the bench scrubs? Bring in a vet number 7-8 guy for rookie 11-12?
    I saw Masai talk to Vince. We might get him

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty darn happy to stand pat.
    You don't see we could improve on one of the bench scrubs? Bring in a vet number 7-8 guy for rookie 11-12?
    Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jan 29, 2020, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

There’s some truth in that but also some Toronto insecurity. Sure, without Kawhi’s shot, we wouldn’t have gotten by philly. But without Jimmy, we wouldn’t have needed Kawhi’s shot.
    Kawhi did a lot more than hit the final shot of the series. And he was a huge safety blanket through the entire playoff run for other guys to have bad nights.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I expect Embiid to perform better. He can't completely "shit" the bed again right? Also Kawhi shut down Ben Simmons while OG can't quite hold him off.

Nevertheless I like our chances against Sixers. Without Butler they don't have a closer
    The funny thing is, lost in the hoopla of Kawhi’s shot, he went 16-39 in the game. We can get better too . But I agree with your point.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

There’s some truth in that but also some Toronto insecurity. Sure, without Kawhi’s shot, we wouldn’t have gotten by philly. But without Jimmy, we wouldn’t have needed Kawhi’s shot.
    I expect Embiid to perform better. He can't completely "shit" the bed again right? Also Kawhi shut down Ben Simmons while OG can't quite hold him off.

Nevertheless I like our chances against Sixers. Without Butler they don't have a closer

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

I like our team but let's be real here, without Kawhi we don't get past Philly much less Milwaukee last year. Well that is pretty much the team we are going into this years playoffs with. I don't like the idea of not putting up a fight to defend the championship, but I'm also speculating this might be the best opportunity to set up the team for the future. What to do?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

But none of those guys are going to get minutes. it will be a 7 man rotation with maybe an occasional 8th man. Either RHJ or Davis with maybe Thomas as a situational shooter.
    If your doing an upgrade trade its to improve at Ibaka and Norms position. And if were being real Ibaka is probably the best back up center in the NBA, his only close competitor is Baynes.
    I disagree..u gonna need couple more guys..especially in playoffs...maybe there gonna struggle..through in a vet guy getted going..10..15..mins.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

But none of those guys are going to get minutes. it will be a 7 man rotation with maybe an occasional 8th man. Either RHJ or Davis with maybe Thomas as a situational shooter.
    If your doing an upgrade trade its to improve at Ibaka and Norms position. And if were being real Ibaka is probably the best back up center in the NBA, his only close competitor is Baynes.
    It pains me to say but Nurse will have McCaw as the 8th man. Davis, RHJ and Boucher will get minutes if there's injury our foul trouble on the guard, wing and centre position, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

McCaw, Stanley, Boucher, Davis, Hollins, Thomas, Hernandez.. that's ure bench..u trust these players in playoffs...u definetely can't trust these guys..u need couple vet players who been playoffs..

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I like our team but let's be real here, without Kawhi we don't get past Philly much less Milwaukee last year. Well that is pretty much the team we are going into this years playoffs with. I don't like the idea of not putting up a fight to defend the championship, but I'm also speculating this might be the best opportunity to set up the team for the future. What to do?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    McCaw, Stanley, Boucher, Davis, Hollins, Thomas, Hernandez.. that's ure bench..u trust these players in playoffs...u definetely can't trust these guys..u need couple vet players who been playoffs..

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Buddy Heild....no thanks, bad money, plays like Demar with 3pt, No D..Terrence Ross..lol..just stop,plz..
    Raptors need complimentary players..ie..jae crowder, Aaron baynes, R. Covington..big wing,defensive center..rebounding is critical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X