Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

    How much of that is due to who serge is playing with tho? He has had to share the court with RHJ and McCaw alot this season. He was averaging 19/11 when he was starting.
    Serge has played 298 minutes with neither McCaw nor RHJ on the floor. In those 298 minutes, he has a +3.9 on-court net rating. On the year, in 707 minutes both RHJ and McCaw sit while Ibaka is on the bench, the team has a +10.0 net rating.

    No matter how far down I dig with Serge, the team has simply performed dramatically better with him sitting than with him playing. In every situation.

    Starting lineup? +13 net rating on the year. Serge gets 30 minutes in Gasol's place? -38 net rating (small sample warning on that one).

    Lowry? +8.3 net rating without Serge. -0.9 with Serge.

    Pascal? +12.4 net rating without Serge. -0.6 with Serge.

    RHJ? +9.8 net rating without Serge. -1.6 with Serge.

    OG? +11.4 net rating without Serge. -0.3 with Serge.

    Fred? +7.5 net rating without Serge. -2.6 with Serge.

    Norm? +7.8 net rating without Serge. +1.2 with Serge.

    McCaw is roughly as bad with and without Serge (-0.6, -1.9), so there's that...
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • Replacing Serge with Boucher and expecting no drop off is certifiable.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post

        LOL trade OG or Terry but don't touch Matt Thomas. Come on man.

        For the record, since you asked:

        Matt Thomas: -0.5 net rating on court, +6.7 net rating off court, -0.85 PIPM (adjusted plus-minus)
        Terry Davis: +13.8 net rating on court, +1.4 net rating off court, +1.33 PIPM
        OG Anunoby: +6.4 net rating on court, +4.4 net rating off court, +1.39 PIPM

        For kicks, while we're at it:

        Fred VanVleet: +3.6 net rating on court, +7.9 net rating off court, +1.30 PIPM
        Kyle Lowry: +3.5 net rating on court, +8.7 net rating off court, +0.89 PIPM
        Pascal Siakam: +8.9 net rating on court, +1.6 net rating off court, +2.42 PIPM
        Marc Gasol: +11.3 net rating on court, +1.7 net rating off court, +2.56 PIPM
        Serge Ibaka: +0.9 net rating on court, +9.6 net rating off court, -2.06 PIPM
        Norm Powell: +5.1 net rating on court, +6.9 net rating off court, -0.72 PIPM
        Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: +5.1 net rating on court, +5.9 net rating off court, -0.49 PIPM
        Chris Boucher: +5.1 net rating on court, +5.6 net rating off court, +1.15 PIPM

        And drum roll please...

        Patrick McCaw: -1.3 net rating on court, +8.8 net rating off court, -2.90 PIPM
        Great work dan

        its not what I expected but we have to take into consideration the line hasn’t been consistent and the period where Matt could have got more minutes he was injuried and he has been looked off by some of the players and he never gets a chance with the other starters. BUT what it does say is He is not a liability on defence like everyone says.

        The next thing that stands out is Lowry is on a decline and we all know it gets worst in the playoffs minus a game or 2 where he explodes.

        norm is what I thought Terrance and Matt should be playing ahead of norm IMO

        Comment


        • grindhouse wrote: View Post

          Great work dan

          its not what I expected but we have to take into consideration the line hasn’t been consistent and the period where Matt could have got more minutes he was injuried and he has been looked off by some of the players and he never gets a chance with the other starters. BUT what it does say is He is not a liability on defence like everyone says.

          The next thing that stands out is Lowry is on a decline and we all know it gets worst in the playoffs minus a game or 2 where he explodes.

          norm is what I thought Terrance and Matt should be playing ahead of norm IMO
          Terry should certainly be higher in the rotation, certainly ahead of Pat and arguably ahead of Norm. Not much argument for Thomas ahead of Norm.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • That gasol serge starting line they played the other night did a lot of damage is there data on plus minus with players on the floor at the same time?

            Comment


            • grindhouse wrote: View Post
              That gasol serge starting line they played the other night did a lot of damage is there data on plus minus with players on the floor at the same time?
              Yeah the huge lineup has been awesome, though in a very small sample.

              KL-OG-PS-SI-MG: 30 MP, +27.8 net rating
              Ibaka and Gasol: 71 MP, +23.3 net rating

              All that talk about playing C saving Serge's career might have been empty after all!
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post

                Yeah the huge lineup has been awesome, though in a very small sample.

                KL-OG-PS-SI-MG: 30 MP, +27.8 net rating
                Ibaka and Gasol: 71 MP, +23.3 net rating

                All that talk about playing C saving Serge's career might have been empty after all!
                I think those talks were when Siakam and OG were not as good shooters as they are now and not much chemistry between them. That lineup has legit 5 really good 3pt shooters and are all really good defensive players at their position. Add to that 4 of the 5 players are above average size wise.

                Comment


                • Not sure if it's been mentioned or if hes even on the trade block. But what about Derek Rose. Would he be a fit here. Awesome 6th man.
                  I know if he was available hed probably be off to one the LA teams though.

                  Comment


                  • Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                    Not sure if it's been mentioned or if hes even on the trade block. But what about Derek Rose. Would he be a fit here. Awesome 6th man.
                    I know if he was available hed probably be off to one the LA teams though.
                    questions of character aside, he is an atrocious defender who is not a significant upgrade to norm on offence. i think norm is the perfect sixth man for this team if he can keep up this play.

                    Comment


                    • Rose is too ball dominate imo we already got Fred and Lowry

                      Comment


                      • I like the idea of Darren Collison. Good PG to run the bench if Lowry and FVV are starting. (let's you rest them more too) and he only costs money. Also, removes Mccaw from the lineup.

                        Comment


                        • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                          I like the idea of Darren Collison. Good PG to run the bench if Lowry and FVV are starting. (let's you rest them more too) and he only costs money. Also, removes Mccaw from the lineup.
                          Collison is going to LA. It's Jehovah's Plan.

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            Collison is going to LA. It's Jehovah's Plan.
                            Shouldn't drake give us the inside track then?
                            Will his "all the players like him" ever help bring anyone here?

                            Comment


                            • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                              I like the idea of Darren Collison. Good PG to run the bench if Lowry and FVV are starting. (let's you rest them more too) and he only costs money. Also, removes Mccaw from the lineup.
                              I think he'd be a decent target too. Seasoned vet, always shot the ball well from 3 (39% over 10 years), would give at least 10ppg per night and 5 dimes if given McCaw minutes. He's on retirement mode already, but there's a Raptors rumor linked to him:

                              https://www.inquisitr.com/5852823/ra...rren-collison/

                              Good low risk/low cost target I think.
                              ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

                              Comment


                              • Can we trade McCaw to Europe for Nando de colo? We still have his rights if i recall
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X