Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

???
    I think he means don't include them in a potential trade?

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
      I know there are some character issues, but would those issues be too severe to consider Marcus Morris? He seems like a good fit starting at 3 for us and spacing the floor. It bumps OG back to the bench for one season.
      With his checkered past and his expiring contract, Morris seems like a gettable target for us.
      I think he’d be fine in Toronto with Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, FVV and Siakam. He’d fall in n line. I actually like him as another scoring option off the bench.

Comment

• Which Morris twin said the better team doesn’t win?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Which Morris twin said the better team doesn’t win?
          Kieff, Marcus generally seems to be the less stupid and better player but still don't know if i would want him.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I'm kind of liking the Paul Millsap trade idea suggested by Dan. 'Sap is still a smart 2-way player who can space the floor like Ibaka and he's hungry to win a chip, like Gasol was last year. Ibaka for Milsap straight up wouldn't be enough for Denver to bite, but what if it was a 3-way with the Cavs?

To Nuggets: Kevin Love
            To Cavs: Ibaka, McCaw, Malik Beasley, Nuggets (FRP), Raptors (2nd round pick)
            To Raptors: Paul Milsap

Nuggets gets a 'big name' all-star with championship experience.
            Cavs get pretty nice 'haul' of prospects & picks for Love and clear a ton of future salary.
            Raps get a veteran stretch PF to backup Pascal, who is more mobile than Ibaka and can play big SF and small ball C in a pinch.

Only problem is that we'd still need a bulky center to bang with Embiid as Gasol's backup in case of foul trouble. Joakim Noah anyone?

Comment

• If 2021 cap space wasn't so important. I would look at trying to do a gary harris- norm swap. It would be the ultimate sell high buy low move. But harris will make 20 and 21 Mil the 2 years after this, with a fred extension looming i dont think that would leave us enough to chase a max guy in 2021.
              I really think Harris can make an oladipo type jump if he get's in the right situation and his perimeter defense is elite.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The major concern with Millsap right now is that he's been battling a knee injury for over a month now and hasn't played in almost 3 weeks. "Knee contusion/sprain" can mean a lot of things but he's already had on aborted comeback and the deadline is coming up. Assuming he can get on the court, he can't play the back-up 5, so they'll need to find a legit replacement there as golden notes.

Comment

• Run it back.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Run it back.
                    this is how i feel. none of the (semi-realistic) trades being bandied about here excite me. i love our team and want to run with it unless there's a clear no-brainer upgrade.

Comment

Run it back.
                      Ya unless something crazy, like the Pacers felt like they just needed a big (which they don't) to get over the hump, and were willing to part with Oladipo because of how good they were doing currently, then ya go for it. If not, Im good staying with our current roster.

The big issue is the 2021 cap space. You might be able to pry Heild from the Kings but he just signed an extension and I don't even know if he could be traded.

A young wing that would be around the same age as Paskal would be ideal. But I don't see many that fit the bill, that are a. on the market, b. work with our cap space in 2021.

Comment

Run it back.
                        I don't think we're going to make literally any move, and I'm fine with it
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          The major concern with Millsap right now is that he's been battling a knee injury for over a month now and hasn't played in almost 3 weeks. "Knee contusion/sprain" can mean a lot of things but he's already had on aborted comeback and the deadline is coming up. Assuming he can get on the court, he can't play the back-up 5, so they'll need to find a legit replacement there as golden notes.
                          Honestly, at this point, I'm just spit-balling trade ideas for the sake of doing something. Channeling my inner Bryan Colangelo.

Either way, I'm fine with "dancing with the one's that brung ya" and trust that championship DNA will kick in at the right time. Ibaka is coasting on & off until the playoffs anyway, so hopefully he's got that extra gear when the real games start.

Comment

• I just think Masai and his crew have come up with some unexpected (who predicted the Gasol trade) move that will improve the team by eliminating a weakness. Rebounding seems to me to be the area that needs the most improvement. I don't know enough about the available players and the possible mechanics of the trade rules to even speculate. But rebounding, particularly giving up offensive rebounds, seems an area of weakness that needs to be addressed.

Comment

• Buddy Hield went 9/14 from 3 with 42 points tonight. ... Maybe we can package McCaw, SJ and a 3rd round pick for him?

Comment

• I don't like how Buddy plays no defense, dude is 111th of 122 shooting guards in DRPM. His attitude is really garbage too, at least according to Kings fans.

I hope we make some under the radar move. Masai is a magician when it comes to stealing away talent.
                                It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

Comment

Working...
                                X