To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm just impressed with how Morey manages to move assets around to make these trades every season.
    He is the maestro.
    Just when you think there is nothing at all behind doors 1 through 3 Monty Hall has something.
    His is the guy Dolan shouldhire...he is more flimflam than Masai but his teams are always in the mix.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

I love debating with you guys but booker is one player. Memphis traded both their stars and they are a better team for it. Suns are still 10 years out
      Those memphis guys were 30 years old... Booker is 23. You might as well move the team to seattle while your at it then.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• It's so funny to me that contending teams want the Morris brothers. Those idiot goons could just as easily blow up your locker room as help you.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          It's so funny to me that contending teams want the Morris brothers. Those idiot goons could just as easily blow up your locker room as help you.
          McCaw>Morris bro

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            Suns are still 10 years out
            I believe you meant to say the Suns are still five years away from being five years away.

Comment

• Booker is too good for business for Phoenix to get rid of. Dude is the prettiest of all the league's pretty-boys - move over Hayward!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Wonder if theirs a way we can get into this and some how bring danny back home? Gonna feel bad for Danny if he gets moved to a non-contender after waiting around for the Lakers during F.A
                If we wanted Danny we would have just resigned him. His new contract eats into the 2021 cap space. And it's hard to make the numbers work.. we'd have to trade Norm. I don't think we bite.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

McCaw>Morris bro
                  Lol

Comment

• Suns are shopping Oubre. Or just taking trade calls. Not sure why though.

Oubre is cheap and a pretty young good player. Expires in 2021 as well.

Is he an upgrade over Norm? Oubre for Norm and a FRP? Is that worth it?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Daryl Morey doing sh*t just to be relevant. He's basically a rich man's Bryan Colangelo. Looks like a desperation move to me and admission that he got smoked in the Russ-CP3 deal.
                      Cmon Golden... Colangelo as a compare ?
                      Two minutes for rebuttal...
                      Here goes.

Morey has had Houston for 13 years. He has missed the playoffs only 3 times.
                      He has averaged 50 plus wins a year since he took over in 2007 (excluding the strike shortened season).
                      He got Harden out of OKC for a bag of magic beans.
                      He is always willing to take a swing at it and while its early and the returns on the Paul / Westbrooke deal are yet to be fully seen he doesn't really wind up on the negative side of a deal very often. On this one he might but to early to judge it.

Morey is different than Masai in that Ujiri is incredibly patient and has a longer term view... Morey seems to operate with a one year horizon.
                      They are different in that respect but are both effective GMs. To me anyway Daryl is in the same upper quandrant of GM's along with Ujiri . Ujiris championship puts him a line higher and a space further to the right on the XY axis where X is sustainability and Y is success.

I think this is the guy that Dolan should hire.... He fits in NY.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Suns are shopping Oubre. Or just taking trade calls. Not sure why though.

Oubre is cheap and a pretty young good player. Expires in 2021 as well.

Is he an upgrade over Norm? Oubre for Norm and a FRP? Is that worth it?

I dont know what the suns are thinking. They just stole him out from under the wizards. He was a really good get. Decent shot, athletic and plays really hard on the defensive end.
                        I would say he is an upgrade on Norm. 2 years younger and think he has more upside. Possible attitude issues tho.

Comment

• I don’t think I would move Norm for him. If we can improve without moving our top 7. I think 1st rounders are movable for the right guy on a rookie scale contract.

Comment

• I don’t know who we target or who is available. We basically need a guy that can take that last shot. Kyle and VV are too short and have trouble getting their shot off. And I don’t think Pascal is good enough in the midrange yet.

If we want to go far in the playoffs we need a guy of this pedigree. For the right guy I think we can move Gasol. While I loving watching him play and see his value, the age and his expiring contract makes him movable

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I don’t think I would move Norm for him. If we can improve without moving our top 7. I think 1st rounders are movable for the right guy on a rookie scale contract.
                              It comes down to money though to make a deal. Better players make north of $13M. RHJ, McCaw, SJ make about $10M but that's 3 players. Hard to do a 3 for 1 trade. Norm is the guy with the biggest salary that's essentially a bench player. And his contract eats into 2021.

It's why his name keeps coming up. But yeah, if we can be buyers without trading our top 7 that would be ideal. Just not sure how probable that would be. Especially since McCaw and SJ are really, really bad.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                I don’t know who we target or who is available. We basically need a guy that can take that last shot. Kyle and VV are too short and have trouble getting their shot off. And I don’t think Pascal is good enough in the midrange yet.

If we want to go far in the playoffs we need a guy of this pedigree. For the right guy I think we can move Gasol. While I loving watching him play and see his value, the age and his expiring contract makes him movable
                                If we're moving a C, I'd rather move Serge. Yet need him to be our big insurance since Marc is so fragile. I don't want to move Marc. He's essential against guys like Giannis and Embiid.

Comment

Working...
                                X