Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LJ2 wrote: View Post
    So with a couple of big contracts coming off the books at the end of this season what sort of cap space will the Raptors have heading into this summer? Do they try and resign Ibaka and Gasol or look for another big in free agency or trades?
    The answer to that question might lie in how far they go; first or second round flameout? ECF appearance but do they put up a great fight or go down in 4-5? Finals appearance? Win?

    You can't keep trotting them back out there forever imo

    Comment


    • The Wolves now have KAT and Russell. All they need now is Booker and they'll be a superteam.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
        So with a couple of big contracts coming off the books at the end of this season what sort of cap space will the Raptors have heading into this summer? Do they try and resign Ibaka and Gasol or look for another big in free agency or trades?
        If they are keeping Fred, they'll not have that much cap space to play with. The tax is likely a bigger concern this summer than the cap, unless they really let their FAs walk.

        I expect they'll try to keep at least one of the bigs. Both will be tough to afford, especially if they are looking to keep the term short (one year).

        Interesting side question is what happens with Boucher. Wonder if he'll have any market at all.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • The Great One wrote: View Post
          The Wolves now have KAT and Russell. All they need now is Booker and they'll be a superteam.
          Give it 3 years. They will be
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

            Give it 3 years. They will be
            Minnesota Timberwolves: forever 3 years away
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • KeonClark wrote: View Post

              Minnesota Timberwolves: forever 3 years away
              Lol maybe it wont be in minnesota but if Booker, Towns and Russell ever team up they will be a superteam. Just as much talent as the original boston super team maybe even more. K.G was never the best PF always behind Dirk and Duncan. Just like Towns will be behind Jokic and Embiid. Booker could be the best SG in the league by that time with an aging Harden and Klay filling the pierce roll and Russell can just be a knock down shooter like allen. The only thing that can't be matched is the compete level that K.G had. The cockyness of Pierce will be their tho.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                Lol maybe it wont be in minnesota but if Booker, Towns and Russell ever team up they will be a superteam. Just as much talent as the original boston super team maybe even more. K.G was never the best PF always behind Dirk and Duncan. Just like Towns will be behind Jokic and Embiid. Booker could be the best SG in the league by that time with an aging Harden and Klay filling the pierce roll and Russell can just be a knock down shooter like allen. The only thing that can't be matched is the compete level that K.G had. The cockyness of Pierce will be their tho.
                And their defence. That trio would be much easier to score on. An offensive superteam maybe, that would bleed points.

                Comment


                • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                  Lol maybe it wont be in minnesota but if Booker, Towns and Russell ever team up they will be a superteam. Just as much talent as the original boston super team maybe even more. K.G was never the best PF always behind Dirk and Duncan. Just like Towns will be behind Jokic and Embiid. Booker could be the best SG in the league by that time with an aging Harden and Klay filling the pierce roll and Russell can just be a knock down shooter like allen. The only thing that can't be matched is the compete level that K.G had. The cockyness of Pierce will be their tho.
                  As much talent as the KG/Pierce/Allen superteam? the ONLY thing that can't be matched is the compete level of KG?

                  Man stop...

                  Mamba Mentality

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X