No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got somethings that could be more possible.
    To Tor-Andre Igoudola
    To Memphis-Norman Powell, Pat Mccaw.

I know lots of teams I.E Lakers, Clips Mavs and Nuggets are all going to be intreseted in Iggy but his 17 Mil makes it tough for these teams to match iggys salary. Memphis probably wants a pick but if norm keeps up his recent play. Do the grizz value a late 1st more then Norm? Cause they would be lucky to find a player of Norms value in the late 1st.

Also helps us get off Norms contract and lets us sign Freddy to his extention without going into our "Giannis Cap"
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Im by no mean advocating a lowry trade.
      But if you were looking for a hypothetical target lowry it need to be a team who is a solid playoff team but just needs a little bit more to contend, while also having a hole at PG. Off the top of my head the best fit would be the Nuggets. They could have a murray, Lowry backcourt who can both play on ball and off ball.
      In this hypothetical it would be Gary Harris and salary filler. I actually think Harris can be an oldipo type jump if he leaves the shawdow of Murry and Jokic, He also is one the best perimeter defender in the game.
      Again not advocating for this. But if our season doesn't look like we can get back to the ECF, i do love Gary Harris
      I still feel like Dallas needs a starting calibre PG who can shoot 3s. Mavs would ideally prefer FVV in sign & trade, but Lowry would be a good option for a couple years as a secondary playmaker and floor spacer to take pressure off Doncic. Their interest in Lowry would depend on if they want to accelerate the schedule on winning. THJr + Courtney Lee gets it done.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I still feel like Dallas needs a starting calibre PG who can shoot 3s. Mavs would ideally prefer FVV in sign & trade, but Lowry would be a good option for a couple years as a secondary playmaker and floor spacer to take pressure off Doncic. Their interest in Lowry would depend on if they want to accelerate the schedule on winning. THJr + Courtney Lee gets it done.
        Wouldnt do lowry for those guys. I don't even know if id do it for Gary Harris but it would make me think about it. Kyle not a salary dump trade guy. You only trade him if your getting a mid 1st rounder or good young talent. I dont believe in Hardaway Jr

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Wouldnt do lowry for those guys. I don't even know if id do it for Gary Harris but it would make me think about it. Kyle not a salary dump trade guy. You only trade him if your getting a mid 1st rounder or good young talent. I dont believe in Hardaway Jr
          Yep. I don't like THJr either, but it's a 2021 expiring, which is nice. The problem is that the Mavs can't trade a first rounder. To get a 1st round pick you have to trade with them in the off-season. I don't know how the timing works on when Lee's contract expires, the draft date, timing etc... Maybe Dwight Powell + THJr + pick would be the deal then. We need Bobby Marks in here. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Yep. I don't like THJr either, but it's a 2021 expiring, which is nice. The problem is that the Mavs can't trade a first rounder. To get a 1st round pick you have to trade with them in the off-season. I don't know how the timing works on when Lee's contract expires, the draft date, timing etc... Maybe Dwight Powell + THJr + pick would be the deal then. We need Bobby Marks in here. lol.
            Ya but kyle expires at the same time so whats the point of trading him for a worse player who comes off the books?

Comment

MRI confirms Rodney Hood has a torn left Achilles tendon.

We love you, Rodney ❤️

https://twitter.com/trailblazers/sta...73944464826369

Time to reset so Raps can get Dame

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Any team that loses Rodney Hood for the season has to pack it up and go for the tank, hey? I mean at that stage, what’s the point...

wtf

smh

lol

(wishing you a speedy recovery, Rod.)

Comment

i have a ton of respect for lillard, he seems like a high character guy with rare leadership abilities and is a hell of a player to boot. i also think it's impossible to build a contender around him considering his contract situation, especially at the stage of his career he'll be earning it.

damian lillard's contract extension will pay him an average of 47.75 M/yr, approximately equivalent to 44% of this year's salary cap. that figure could push 50% if the cap declines due to poor ratings and lost revenue from the morey/china debacle.

that extension STARTS the year after next and continues through the 2024-2025 season, his age 31 to 34 years.

i think there's a pretty good chance it's considered one of the very worst deals in the league before it even kicks in.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Any team that loses Rodney Hood for the season has to pack it up and go for the tank, hey? I mean at that stage, what’s the point...

wtf

smh

lol

(wishing you a speedy recovery, Rod.)
                    Hood was very instrumental in their playoff run last season. He is averaging close to 11 points per game coming off the bench for Portland. He may not be a starter but he can positively change the flow of the game when he is on the floor.

Portland struggled to start this new season because of Lillard being injured for the most part. Nurkic is still down. Acquiring Melo is a lateral move that wont move the needle for them. They are still a middling team.

That being said, my bad for giving you the wrong impression that Portland should tank because they lose Hood for the season but looking at the bigger picture, that team has been a perennial playoff fodder with Lillard and McCollum as their core. This season they are one of the worse teams in assists. Terry Stotts relies more on iso ball, with movement as his least priority.

This is the season that they should reset and accumulate future assets for their two stars.

I apologize again for giving you a lengthy spiel. I am not like you with no ability to rely on gifs and pictures but less non-sensical words LOL.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

i have a ton of respect for lillard, he seems like a high character guy with rare leadership abilities and is a hell of a player to boot. i also think it's impossible to build a contender around him considering his contract situation, especially at the stage of his career he'll be earning it.

damian lillard's contract extension will pay him an average of 47.75 M/yr, approximately equivalent to 44% of this year's salary cap. that figure could push 50% if the cap declines due to poor ratings and lost revenue from the morey/china debacle.

that extension STARTS the year after next and continues through the 2024-2025 season, his age 31 to 34 years.

i think there's a pretty good chance it's considered one of the very worst deals in the league before it even kicks in.

I agree, his lengthy contract can be something to consider. However knowing Masai, once again, he is very much willing to take that risk just for some future gain. We all know what happened the offseason he acquired Kawhi.

No guarantees but he is more than committed to take that leap into the fire.

FVV is an appreciating asset with a contract due this offseason, Masai to acquire Lillard may have to let go one of his valuable commodity.

Comment

For Portland to trade Lillard is gonna take more than losing record unfortunately.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          For Portland to trade Lillard is gonna take more than losing record unfortunately.
                          Who would blink first, kind of thing.

But just like other star players, it is a matter of time Dame may hint Oregon that he is done. This is his 8th season with the Blazers, grew up with them. His loyalty could be tested and this could be the year.

Comment

2 months to go before the deadline, they may even reach 500 basketball by then.

Acquiring Melo was a desperation move.

Portland is not kidding themselves having to watch AD and James. Then two years of Kawhi and Paul George. Representing the West or that climb for a championship berth is something to think about in the next 60 days or so. Could still reach the offseason though.

But Dame or the Blazers im sure by now is getting to that point of “reality check”

Comment

I agree, his lengthy contract can be something to consider. However knowing Masai, once again, he is very much willing to take that risk just for some future gain. We all know what happened the offseason he acquired Kawhi.

No guarantees but he is more than committed to take that leap into the fire.

FVV is an appreciating asset with a contract due this offseason, Masai to acquire Lillard may have to let go one of his valuable commodity.
                              i'd rather have FVV at 25M/yr on an ascending portion of his career arc than lillard at 50M/yr on the descending portion of his is what i'm saying. FVV will be the better player at half the price at some point over those years.

if it doesn't work out and the team needs to pivot FVV at 25M/yr is tradeable, whereas with lillard we'd be totally and hopelessly fucked until it expires. lillard also doesn't fit the identity of our team since he can't defend and he isn't about to learn at this point in his career.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

i'd rather have FVV at 25M/yr on an ascending portion of his career arc than lillard at 50M/yr on the descending portion of his is what i'm saying. FVV will be the better player at half the price at some point over those years.

if it doesn't work out and the team needs to pivot FVV at 25M/yr is tradeable, whereas with lillard we'd be totally and hopelessly fucked until it expires. lillard also doesn't fit the identity of our team since he can't defend and he isn't about to learn at this point in his career.
                                You definitely provided a great argument about the financial implication long term for the Raptors with Lillard’s contract.

I just wanted to point out that Masai’s contract is due in 2021 and from the readings, so far he declined the offer from MLSE to an extension and wanted to consider his options. His off the court GOA initiative is very important for him but also contingent on whether this team can again repeat.

Having to leverage a Lillard and Pascal duo in attracting a blue chip free agent in 2021 is the premise of this discussion. Plus retaining Masai as well. The financial implication beyond 2021 is of not my concern for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X