No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we are trading Gasol it's to a contender who values his contributions (also we are not trading Gasol unless things go real bad or maybe at the deadline if short term extension talks go poorly). Not as an expiring salary filler to a rebuilding team. If you need salary filler you use Serge instead.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Other than speed and long arms, not really. Giannis dominates the paint. Pascal is a great free throw shooter, mid range, 3..but has yet to get figure out long and fast defenders
      That is an interesting take. I've thought of both players as long and athletic with great motors and have been able to use their physical abilities as a huge advantage on the competition. And Giannis is whom I project Pascal to play most similarly to when he hits his peak. Perhaps not at the same level (fingers crossed he does), but similar.

Comment

Is Serge a problem? Do we need more quickness on the bench? I find that the bench has been a problem the past two years. Last year we were fine because our starters were insanely good. The year before Serge started with JV and we had an epic bench with Poeltl, Siakam and Fred propping the starters up.

This season when Serge goes down, our bench suddenly appeared and were helping us win games. Serge comes back and our bench looks meh. Even if Lowry is running it.

I look at Serge like insurance for Marc.. but that's not a good reason to keep a guy. Large expiring contract. Can we get anything for him? Should we? Or is this bad stretch of games just getting to me?

I'm not insinuating that Boucher is better. He's not. But Boucher gives us energy which we sometimes really need off the bench. I wish we had a third big that could be our Marc insurance. But mainly used as a garbage player. Like Moose when we had him. That way I'd be totally okay with trading Serge for someone else that fits our team better.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Is Serge a problem? Do we need more quickness on the bench? I find that the bench has been a problem the past two years. Last year we were fine because our starters were insanely good. The year before Serge started with JV and we had an epic bench with Poeltl, Siakam and Fred propping the starters up.

This season when Serge goes down, our bench suddenly appeared and were helping us win games. Serge comes back and our bench looks meh. Even if Lowry is running it.

I look at Serge like insurance for Marc.. but that's not a good reason to keep a guy. Large expiring contract. Can we get anything for him? Should we? Or is this bad stretch of games just getting to me?

I'm not insinuating that Boucher is better. He's not. But Boucher gives us energy which we sometimes really need off the bench. I wish we had a third big that could be our Marc insurance. But mainly used as a garbage player. Like Moose when we had him. That way I'd be totally okay with trading Serge for someone else that fits our team better.
          Serge was awesome to start the season he looked like he was 26. I think he just needs sometime to get his legs back into things. Last year playoff run showed he had the clutch gene, he showed up in the biggest moment. The offer would have to be really inciting for me to move Serge if our goal is running this back.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

It would be really difficult to trust a young, inexperienced player like Boucher, in the playoffs. If the goal for this team is to make it to the finals then they aren't looking further than the starting 5, Serge and maybe one other rotation guy.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Serge was awesome to start the season he looked like he was 26. I think he just needs sometime to get his legs back into things. Last year playoff run showed he had the clutch gene, he showed up in the biggest moment. The offer would have to be really inciting for me to move Serge if our goal is running this back.
              Serge's impact stats are pretty bad this year.... like "shield your eyes" bad and he has single-handedly dragged the bench mob down with him. And it's pretty obvious why: Serge kills ball movement on offense, and he isn't as quick or energetic as Boucher on defense. Unless his mid-range shot is falling, Serge is looking like a big net negative right now.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Serge's impact stats are pretty bad this year.... like "shield your eyes" bad and he has single-handedly dragged the bench mob down with him. And it's pretty obvious why: Serge kills ball movement on offense, and he isn't as quick or energetic as Boucher on defense. Unless his mid-range shot is falling, Serge is looking like a big net negative right now.
                Ya he just missed like a month of basketball tho. Before the Injury he was averaging 14.8 pts, playing 20ish minutes a night. He also managed to grab 14 boards last night in only 18 minutes of game, rebounding is something that has been a glarring issue with us. I dont think we are seeing the 100% serge yet and im not ready to give up on him. Boucher is not the anwser the guy fouls like he has 15 of them to give and falls over like a new born deer.

Comment

What would it take to get Donovan Mitchell?

Comment

Sonny wrote: View Post
                    What would it take to get Donovan Mitchell?
                    6 ft 1 franchise player? Nah... that's fool's gold if ever there was.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

6 ft 1 franchise player? Nah... that's fool's gold if ever there was.
                      Mitchell is 6'1? what?!

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

Mitchell is 6'1? what?!
                        Yep. But he's a baaaad 6'1". Same height as FVV, surprisingly.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya he just missed like a month of basketball tho. Before the Injury he was averaging 14.8 pts, playing 20ish minutes a night. He also managed to grab 14 boards last night in only 18 minutes of game, rebounding is something that has been a glarring issue with us. I dont think we are seeing the 100% serge yet and im not ready to give up on him. Boucher is not the anwser the guy fouls like he has 15 of them to give and falls over like a new born deer.
                          He has indeed just missed a month of basketball, but before the injury he was averaging those points and playing those minutes and still had awful impact numbers at the time.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

One thing to note, two years ago when Serge started with JV our starters were one of the best heavy minutes lineups in the entire league, the bench was great but it wasn't propping up a failing starting unit, that's the narrative from the Patterson days.

I've thought since the summer that they would trade one of Gasol or Serge for assets even if the team was good (ideally Serge). If Serge can keep putting up numbers, even if the team is struggling around him, he should have some value to some .500-ish team that wants to make a playoff push and needs a big, and there are a bunch of fairly junk one or two year deals out there we could swap him for in exchange for a draft asset.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Norm for Redick? or Norm+ McCaw for Iggy? Which would you prefer?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Norm for Redick? or Norm+ McCaw for Iggy? Which would you prefer?
                                Norm for Redick. Even better for me though would be Norm & Serge for Adams (or Gallinari) & Roberson, with a pick going either way to even it out if needed.

We get better now with Adams (or Gallinari) and have everyone off the books in 2021. OKC fans get Serge back who would start there and put up numbers, plus one young borderline starter in Norm

Comment

Working...
                                X