No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone was bagging on Norm and wanted him shipped outta town. Now he might actually bring something in return

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Everyone was bagging on Norm and wanted him shipped outta town. Now he might actually bring something in return
      Which is great!

But I still want him shipped out of town. He is not good. But yes, his raw scoring numbers and heavier minutes with the injuries might allow the Raps to get another team to actually want to take a gamble on him and be willing to pay something for that.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Serge and Norm for Dedmon, Ariza and Bogdanovich. No picks either way.

Dedmon has only $1M guaranteed for 2021. Ariza wlil expire in 2021. and Bogdanovich is an RFA. Better player than Norm. For the Kings they get an upgrade at backup C (Dedmon's been terrible). Ariza is beyond washed up. And they get a Bogdan replacement that will be much cheaper for the next 2 years.

Edit - Ariza has only $1.8M guaranteed for next year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Which is great!

But I still want him shipped out of town. He is not good. But yes, his raw scoring numbers and heavier minutes with the injuries might allow the Raps to get another team to actually want to take a gamble on him and be willing to pay something for that.
          This championship team sure has a lot of shitty players. Serge, Norm, Fred...hard to believe they stayed above water
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This championship team sure has a lot of shitty players. Serge, Norm, Fred...hard to believe they stayed above water
            Fred is really good!

And the good news is neither Serge nor Norm are shitty (otherwise there'd be no market for them). Just, not particularly good.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Which is great!

Plus, it frees up more minutes for McCaw....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Plus, it frees up more minutes for McCaw....
                At a certain point you have to make the decision not to play the terrible player. There are only about 10 minutes available, if that, at the guard spots, if Lowry, FVV and Davis are all playing. And those should go to Thomas or Miller, or even to OG if you want to run some huge lineups to free up minutes for RHJ and Boucher at the 3/4 spots.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fred is really good!

And the good news is neither Serge nor Norm are shitty (otherwise there'd be no market for them). Just, not particularly good.
                  After watching Lowry loaf on defense, I'm gaining a whole new appreciation for Fred. Yeah, me.

Comment

• The pitchforks have always been ready to come out at the hint of a Lowry slide no matter what he does long-term on his resume here in Toronto. These losses are frustrating for everybody and a step back after the synergy we saw on that win streak. But there's tons going on this year. Lowry in particular started the season behind schedule per him due to offseason surgery interrupting his routine. That's legitimate. Then he missed several weeks with another injury. Also legitimate. He's your only current All-Star, GROAT by most measures, and was just the best player in the championship clinching game of the 2019 playoffs. When a guy like that has summer surgery then breaks his thumb in the fall, you generally don't pile on and demand he be traded by December. Well I mean I would hope you don't, but I know a lot of people do.

The whole thing needs some time. Not saying trades won't be or shouldn't be made at some point this year - we may get there. Just saying this is too reactionary on too short notice.

I will saying I'm looking forward to the post-old guys Raptors in the next 1-3 years. I like these young guys. Got to work out the transition from here to there.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm gaining a whole new appreciation for Fred. Yeah, me.
                      Yo I think someone hacked your account. Maybe change your passwords. Next thing you know Trex is going to start praising Jokic.
                      Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Dec 12, 2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• I know the game plan is the maintain flexibility for 2021 but if Raptors jumped the gun and made a trade - who would you like to see in a raptors jersey next to Pascal?

- CJ McCollum (salary up to 35M in 2023/24)
                        - Karl Anthony Towns (salary up to 36M in 2023/24)
                        - Kevin Love (salary of 29M in 2022/23)
                        - Blake Griffin (salary of 39M in 2021/22)

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
                          I know the game plan is the maintain flexibility for 2021 but if Raptors jumped the gun and made a trade - who would you like to see in a raptors jersey next to Pascal?

Love and Griffin are too old and not worth the money, McCollum and towns just will not happen in any way

Comment

I know the game plan is the maintain flexibility for 2021 but if Raptors jumped the gun and made a trade - who would you like to see in a raptors jersey next to Pascal?

Hard pass on Love. Griffin probably doesn't fit next to Pascal, and is injury prone besides, and that's a lot of money.

KAT is an easy yes if that was possible but Minny would be out of their minds to trade him.

McCollum is the most likely scenario there. He's not worth the salary he is on, but he's good, and his outside game would complement Pascal's inside game. Would be betting on improvement from him, which is risky as he's mid-peak already. Not sure I like even that one. I But if the trade for him is more letting Portland out of his contract than giving them significant assets for him, might be worth it.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not interested in any big-long term salary guys i think the more reasonable options are either short term win now veterans like:
                              JJ Redick (2 Year-13 Mil Per)
                              Andre Igoudoula (1 Year 17 Mil Per)
                              Tristan Thompson (1 year 18 Mil Per)
                              Or sending a big salary out to a contending team for salary filler and young guys
                              Options
                              Denver(Plumee is filler, got some good young options, Morris, Craig, Beasley)
                              Portland (Whiteside filler, Simons or Little young guys)

Theres 2 players that we could also maybe rob from a struggling team. Both i think the teams would be stupid to let go but there front office record isn't the best.
                              Bogdon Bondonvich for the Kings
                              Davis Bertans for the Wiz-I would love to get Davis the Wizards basically gave Oubre away to the suns for nothing last year. Maybe they learned their lesson, but maybe not...
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I don't think there is a player on the market that helps us get to the finals, but a player I think which can really help us against the top dogs in the East is Thaddeus Young. He's got the length and mobility to make things difficult for guys like Tatum, Simmons, Giannis and won't be a guy you have to run plays for. I think he makes around the same as Norm.

Comment

Working...
                                X