Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

why do you think its for serge???
      because salaries match and we need Gasol
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'll miss you Serge
        One of the few places i wouldnt be super sad to see serge go is back home to OKC. Gallo and pascal are kind both 3/4 so they could switch who plays what on offense and defense. How is Gallos D tho? Cause we might lose alot of our gritty D identity starting and moving moving O.G to the bench
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Gallo makes sense in theory. Masai brought him over to Denver in that Melo trade many years ago... so there is a connection. I'm sort of neutral on the idea myself. I mean our offense can stagnate so he can help there, but I think our defense would suffer a lot with Gallo playing a lot of minutes.

I guess I'd be fine if we flipped Norm and pieces (like SJ and McCaw) for him. And used TD in place of Norm off the bench. We'd be able to dump Norm's contract and acquire a more potent scorer. Or create a larger trade by swapping Serge for Adams.

I'm sure Masai and Presti talked over the summer during Kawhi's free agency so Gallo was probably already brought up. Definitely a better option than Drummond.

Comment

• Would Gallinari come off the bench? He isn’t a 3, is he?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

because salaries match and we need Gasol
              trade can actually go through for just Powell, McCaw and Stanley.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

trade can actually go through for just Powell, McCaw and Stanley.
                I guess. Why would they need trash though?

Comment

• I wish Kawli made his decision sooner..bc we definitely be on Jimmy Buttler,his the kind of player we need 2 be contender..I was hoping for Beal,but he signed that extension..not sure whose out there,that all star wing man player..no idea.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I like the serge Gasol thing so we would not be giving up them in a trade for galli

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      I wish Kawli made his decision sooner..bc we definitely be on Jimmy Buttler,his the kind of player we need 2 be contender..I was hoping for Beal,but he signed that extension..not sure whose out there,that all star wing man player..no idea.
                      Beal I will take any elite Pure SG

Comment

I guess. Why would they need a first-round pick though?
                        fixed*

Because they are rebuilding.

Comment

• Gallo balling right now vs Rockets
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Gallo balling right now vs Rockets
                            I guess he heard the news

Comment

I guess. Why would they need trash though?
                              Powell is exactly the sort of player a rebuilding team should take a shot on. Cheap deal with upside, has already shown flashes of being a scorer. Young enough to fit with their young pieces as they grow. Might need to throw in a pick. Or maybe just a 2nd, as a salary decreasing deal like that one would bring them below the tax line.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gallo is an interesting target. He's a weak defender, but he'd play off the bench for us, and his scoring is very high impact. He'd basically play all the bench minutes and get some transition lineup minutes as well, probably a 24 MPG guy. He'd be in lineups surrounded by Boucher, RHJ, Davis, and the like, and we can hide him on whatever bench forward is least dangerous on the other side. His scoring could help us buy rest minutes for Siakam and Lowry, which would be of value, even if he ended up with a reduced role in the playoffs.

I'd be fine with a Serge trade for him, but would hesitate to trade a 1st for a rental. I like the Powell package suggestion above better, if we can keep any draft compensation to 2nd rounders. Could toss in a piece like Hernandez too if that would kick in enough value.

Only thing about adding pieces is we probably need to take bodies back. Like, say, a Powell-McCaw-Johnson package just barely works. They do have an open roster spot, so we just have to take back one extra contract. But if we add Hernandez we'd need to take back two. Maybe that's Nerlens Noel (he has a no trade but I doubt he'd have a problem with being traded to a playoff contender), maybe someone like Mike Muscala or one of their minimum salaries that barely plays like Justin Patton. We do have a few trade exceptions to help us make the trade math work with a small contract or two coming back our way, so shouldn't be a problem to take whatever small contract they don't want.

I think that's my proposal.

Powell, McCaw, Johnson, Hernandez, 2020 2nd rounder

for

Gallo, Muscala, Patton

Powell and to a lesser extent McCaw may be seen as low risk, medium reward acquisitions, Hernandez is a prospect, and a junk pick is a junk pick. They swap their expiring scorer for some longer term lesser talents with upside.

Alternative offer would be something with both Ibaka and Powell heading their way for Gallo and Roberson (both expiring, Roberson out for the year most likely), if they don't like taking on McCaw and Johnson. Would be essentially a break even salary trade, so also throw in Hernandez for Muscala and it gets them below the tax.

They may get better offers on the market (unclear, but certainly possible), but that's probably the best offer the Raps should be making.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X