X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 Pts 11 Rebs 4 Asts

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• OKC is an interesting team to watch at trade deadline. They never won a playoff series with Paul George and must be thrilled to be in 7th seed. They have a young piece in Shai and may want to be competitive and rebuild at the same time if Chris Paul’s contract is not tradeable. But...they are def wanting to get under the tax and gallo is a pending free agent.

Comment

• I rather get Tristian Thompson than Galannari, especially if were talking about playoffs..I'm not big fan of galanarri, not a good defender...this team needs defensive rebounder and a all star sg..if u want b consider a contender..hopefully masai delivers.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Powell is exactly the sort of player a rebuilding team should take a shot on. Cheap deal with upside, has already shown flashes of being a scorer. Young enough to fit with their young pieces as they grow. Might need to throw in a pick. Or maybe just a 2nd, as a salary decreasing deal like that one would bring them below the tax line.
          I'm sold. Raptors should try to get this Powell guy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

aha yeah, I agree with this statement. I'm not trying to get too caught up in the Gallo hype, personally. I think it's asking for too much for a mediocre return on investment. I mean, if a potential trade is for a player like Ish Smith or Satoransky for the pitiful performers at the end of our bench, and potentially a pick, I'm in. Powell has been known to do some things and his 3pt stroke can be deadly.

Comment

If the Raptors were a rebuilding team I would agree.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If the Raptors were a rebuilding team I would agree.
                Raptors aren't a rebuilding team? We just lost our franchise player and another high-end 3 & D starter. Our starting center is on his last legs and an expiring contract. Our starting PG is also on the wrong side of 30 with one year left on his deal. Our backup center is 50 years old and also on an expiring contract.

Comment

Raptors aren't a rebuilding team? We just lost our franchise player and another high-end 3 & D starter. Our starting center is on his last legs and an expiring contract. Our starting PG is also on the wrong side of 30 with one year left on his deal. Our backup center is 50 years old and also on an expiring contract.
                  That's right, we aren't. We're a team that could decide to rebuild, but is winning right now.

The whole point of a rebuilding team taking a chance on Powell is that maybe he could be really good. Probably not though. But what's the harm in taking a shot on him? For a rebuilding team that is already not winning, basically nothing. For a team that wants to win, prioritizing Powell's role and minutes over others to focus on his development would harm that effort.

When Lowry is done, we can discuss whether we are rebuilding. But by that point I expect the core of Siakam/OG/FVV to be too good for that to apply at all, with the team setting its sights on spending in FA and acquiring more "now" talent rather than taking outside chances on guys because they have the leeway to have some guys suck.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Guess the knicks are intrested in Drummond.... LOL it would be totally New york to trade some young guys like Knox, Trier, Ntlikina only to have Dre walk in F.A
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I like to think the stage of the team at the moment is to remain competitive, continue to win and stay relevant, thereby maintaining itself as appealing as possible to a max free agent in 2021 (which would hopefully put them back into true title contention territory). That said, I can't ignore the fact that out of the 8 players in the championship rotation, 3 are aging vets at the end of their deals , and 2 are already gone (including the finals MVP), so the team also needs to keep an eye on rejuvenating/renewing for 2021.

So in essence, they're in that spot where you don't necessarily fire-sale your vets like in a classic rebuild, but you don't give away picks an/or young players for "win-now" older vets either (unless of course a superstar is involved, or is a deal that makes the team better now and in the future)

Comment

• I don't know what to do with the two C's. They got to trade one imo and re-sign the other. Gasol is the guy that I would keep.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          I don't know what to do with the two C's. They got to trade one imo and re-sign the other. Gasol is the guy that I would keep.
                          If id had to keep its definitely gasol. But i wouldn't move ibaka unless its a really good deal, He can still be a big piece come playoffs. The type of teams who would be looking for him are contenders who need size. Clips/Mavs/Celtics fit the bill but who on that roster is a young piece we would want? They would also need a contract to match ibaka. I like Shamet and Zubac on clips. Powell and brunson on the mavs. Celtics dont really have exciting young guys and i dont know if they would want to deal smart/ hayward which it would take to match salary. I just dont know if theres a match out there for upside Ibaka trade

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            If id had to keep its definitely gasol. But i wouldn't move ibaka unless its a really good deal, He can still be a big piece come playoffs. The type of teams who would be looking for him are contenders who need size. Clips/Mavs/Celtics fit the bill but who on that roster is a young piece we would want? They would also need a contract to match ibaka. I like Shamet and Zubac on clips. Powell and brunson on the mavs. Celtics dont really have exciting young guys and i dont know if they would want to deal smart/ hayward which it would take to match salary. I just dont know if theres a match out there for upside Ibaka trade
                            Masai will never make a deal with Clippers. And I really can't blame him either.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Masai will never make a deal with Clippers. And I really can't blame him either.
                              Well Shamet is the most exciting young guy on any of those teams and they probably want to keep Zubac anyways. So i just don't see many destinations for serge out there. I only deal him for something that benefits our future or else just hold onto him. He will be important come playoffs especially if we get philly

Comment

• Gallo or Jrue. We need some offense.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X