To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. Damn, I missed the alley-oop on that punchline. Fortunately, KeonClark was there to clean up the O-board.
    You learn something new every day, and because of this picture, today I learned that Greg Ostertag has a "Fred Flintstone with a basketball" tattoo on his right leg. Filing this one in the memory bank under "important shit"

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Damn, its got this team at plus 2 wins? Masai make the call.

https://tradenba.com/trades/QOy0mBIYQ

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You learn something new every day, and because of this picture, today I learned that Greg Ostertag has a "Fred Flintstone with a basketball" tattoo on his right leg. Filing this one in the memory bank under "important shit"

Fred got hopz .... and a multi sport athlete before Bo .....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Speaking of important stiff to remember, wasn't Keon Clark's most memorable career moment his fadeaway dunk on another great white stiff... Shawn Bradley?

And all this trade talk has brought back another memory: Whatever happened to tenforthewin ?

Comment

Sure, you'd want to grab a star wing player, but who's available? After the unprecedented player movement last off-season, there aren't any disgruntled wings who are impending free agents waiting to be scooped up. You have to be looking at bad fits on playoff teams, or good players on non-playoff teams.

The best wing out there seems to be RoCo, but he's a trick or treat shooter who got benched the last time he was in the playoffs. We'd be right back to the days of Patrick Patterson and DeMarre Carroll going ice-cold on wide-open 3's at precisely the wrong times.

I mean, if RoCo is the "grand prize" of the trading season, then I'd rather just stand pat.

And for the record, Scrap, I did say it was a "crazy idea". lol.

I love the outside the box thinking but I just think there's better fit and timelines out there. Doesn't have to be a star.

If we do anything I'd like Masai to maybe hunt down a young change of scenery type player. I know his offense is dicey but Aaron Gordon might be that kind of player. But then you get into cap issues for 2021, although I personally think we should acquire talent through trade and not worry about 2021, because I think the odds of us signing Giannis are <5%.

Also if Harry Giles can get a clean physical I'd love to take a flyer on him.

Comment

• you guys should get discord.

https://discordapp.com/

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I love the outside the box thinking but I just think there's better fit and timelines out there. Doesn't have to be a star.

If we do anything I'd like Masai to maybe hunt down a young change of scenery type player. I know his offense is dicey but Aaron Gordon might be that kind of player. But then you get into cap issues for 2021, although I personally think we should acquire talent through trade and not worry about 2021, because I think the odds of us signing Giannis are <5%.

Also if Harry Giles can get a clean physical I'd love to take a flyer on him.
                Dude if we got Aaron Gordon that would be frickin dope!!! Can you imagine Siakam and Gordon dunking on fools? Haha that would be sick.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                  Damn, its got this team at plus 2 wins? Masai make the call.

https://tradenba.com/trades/QOy0mBIYQ
                  For the record, I like RoCo. I remember posting about him in his early days in Philly before he got good. He always grades out well in advanced stats. His streaky 3-pt shooting scares me, though. He can go for weeks at a time laying bricks. That could be an entire playoff series.

Comment

For the record, I like RoCo. I remember posting about him in his early days in Philly before he got good. He always grades out well in advanced stats. His streaky 3-pt shooting scares me, though. He can go for weeks at a time laying bricks. That could be an entire playoff series.
                    I know what you mean. Something gotta happen though.

And if we go after Gallo instead we don't get a center back. Cause from my understanding its Ibaka for Gallo? Unless its Powell, McCaw and SJ for Gallo...

Which would be cool I think.

RoCo would be a formidable option on the wing and those contracts really help us long term, considering we are looking forward.

Honestly, I think we need another facilitator more than a wing.

Comment

• Bertans/Bogdanovic (Sac version) are the players I want the Raptors to go for, and I think are easier to get

Comment

• RoCo is one of the best defensive wings in the NBA and a perfect fit almost anywhere... which is why he won't come cheap. His streakiness is kind of like Danny Green. You roll with it and hope he nails the threes.

Would love to have him but odds seem slim. Twolves are probably getting to the point where they are nervous about keeping KAT happy.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                          Bertans/Bogdanovic (Sac version) are the players I want the Raptors to go for, and I think are easier to get
                          Bertans won't come cheap imo.

Would LOVE to have Bogi. I think he's gonna blow up when he leaves Sacramento.

Comment

Powell for Bogi straight up works with salaries but on the surface, it's a somewhat lateral move. Powell would be a nice get for the Kings because they don't want to pay Bogi next year. Only problem is the Raps would have the same decision to make, since we're trying to keep the books clean for 2021. He could end up being a half-season rental, which would be a bad use of Powell as a trade asset.

Powell has become a consistent 15-18 PPG scorer on a cheap contract, who can guard multiple positions and has championship pedigree. His contract has decent value now. You'd have to really believe in Bogi "blowing up", as you say - and even then, you're not going to pay both Bogi and FVV in a seller's market this off-season.

Comment

• Fans club members of Derozan should diversify, come into a realization that one trick ponies wont take you anywhere.

Powell is a two way playoff tested with a championship pedigree player...you just cannot just trade him for a magic 8 ball type unproven player, smh.

Unless Powell is part of a trade for a needle changer, you stay put before making not even a lateral move.

Comment

What I mean by "easier to get" is that the salaries are easier to match. People are throwing out trades that need a lot of players involved to get the salaries to match and still might have to tack on a few picks. With the players I mentioned, can be as simple as 1 player plus a pick or if you want to tack on two or three smaller salaries and maybe a few future picks??? I for one don't want to trade Ibaka, unless its for a player that makes you significantly better. If the Wizards are ok in doing say McCaw,Johnston and a future 1st for Bertans, Im all for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X