No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai should follow the addition by subtraction rule this deadline.

Unless there is a very attractive asset to pair with Siakam for the long term who can be another player that would entice a potential 2021 free agent to sign.

Otherwise, trade trash or 2 trash for another trash. Hoping that this incoming trash is recyclable. At this point the two trash we have are non-biodegradable.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

What I mean by "easier to get" is that the salaries are easier to match. People are throwing out trades that need a lot of players involved to get the salaries to match and still might have to tack on a few picks. With the players I mentioned, can be as simple as 1 player plus a pick or if you want to tack on two or three smaller salaries and maybe a few future picks??? I for one don't want to trade Ibaka, unless its for a player that makes you significantly better. If the Wizards are ok in doing say McCaw,Johnston and a future 1st for Bertans, Im all for it.
      Bertans absolutely cratered in the playoffs last year. The Spurs desperately need shooting and they let him go, so that says something right there. Bertans is also a terrible defensive player and those guys get relentlessly targeted and eaten alive in the playoffs. I mean look no further than our own Raps playing Mirotic and Ilyasova right off the floor in the Bucks series.

No way I'm giving up a 1st round pick for Bertans.

Comment

• The best trade is the one that gets McCaw off the team lol.

After that, I would probably keep the team in tact. Guys like Teague or Conley don't blow me away. If we're getting a guard I'd want to put all my chips in on Jrue. He'd be a difference maker.

Jrue/Favors for Serge/Norm/McCaw FRP and SRP. Something like that.

They get to free up cach on Jrue, get two prospects (one that sucks, one that has a longer term deal) and two picks.

David Griffin is a tough guy to deal with though. But Masai can handle him

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bertans absolutely cratered in the playoffs last year. The Spurs desperately need shooting and they let him go, so that says something right there. Bertans is also a terrible defensive player and those guys get relentlessly targeted and eaten alive in the playoffs. I mean look no further than our own Raps playing Mirotic and Ilyasova right off the floor in the Bucks series.

No way I'm giving up a 1st round pick for Bertans.
          Spurs didn't let him go necessarily. The thought they were getting Marcus Morris so the didnt offer Davis and then Marcus renegged. They were by all accounts pissed out not only at Marcus not being a man of his word, but also because they just lost a good young guy who they liked.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            The best trade is the one that gets McCaw off the team lol.

After that, I would probably keep the team in tact. Guys like Teague or Conley don't blow me away. If we're getting a guard I'd want to put all my chips in on Jrue. He'd be a difference maker.

Jrue/Favors for Serge/Norm/McCaw FRP and SRP. Something like that.

They get to free up cach on Jrue, get two prospects (one that sucks, one that has a longer term deal) and two picks.

David Griffin is a tough guy to deal with though. But Masai can handle him
            Read that the Pelicans are actually going to be buyers. Zion is coming back this week and they still are only 3-4 games out of the 8 seed dealing with injuries to Jrue, J.J, Ingram along the way. Maybe if they take a nose dive in the next month, but if there still within striking distance dont think they will deal Jrue

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

What I mean by "easier to get" is that the salaries are easier to match. People are throwing out trades that need a lot of players involved to get the salaries to match and still might have to tack on a few picks. With the players I mentioned, can be as simple as 1 player plus a pick or if you want to tack on two or three smaller salaries and maybe a few future picks??? I for one don't want to trade Ibaka, unless its for a player that makes you significantly better. If the Wizards are ok in doing say McCaw,Johnston and a future 1st for Bertans, Im all for it.
              Honestly I dont want him..I think we should stay away from him, now if we did similar deal with Sacramento for bogdanovic..than were talking, maybe u would have 2 sweeten with Boucher.. don't know, Bogdanovic is so underrated player..the guy is a beast, everytime he plays for his country in euro.. he leads the international league..he reminds me of drazen petrovic, little peja..but nastier, if u poke him, he will burn u, his got that edge..he would b perfect for raps, with no risk..as our starting sg guard..plus we get rid of that bum..Patrick McCaw.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Spurs didn't let him go necessarily. The thought they were getting Marcus Morris so the didnt offer Davis and then Marcus renegged. They were by all accounts pissed out not only at Marcus not being a man of his word, but also because they just lost a good young guy who they liked.
                I love Bertans's crazy shooting but the issue is that the Wizards like him, a lot of other teams like him, and he's a free agent this summer.

So the price you'd end up paying is steep for what is very likely to be a rental.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Read that the Pelicans are actually going to be buyers. Zion is coming back this week and they still are only 3-4 games out of the 8 seed dealing with injuries to Jrue, J.J, Ingram along the way. Maybe if they take a nose dive in the next month, but if there still within striking distance dont think they will deal Jrue
                  Yeah I read that too, and I wonder if it was a ploy to try and get more assets for their vets. Even if they make the playoffs they'll be an easy out in the first round. Might as well get the decent pick. But yeah he could be too expensive.

I think this deadline will be pretty quiet. Too much parity everywhere.. even in the East. Guys that should be traded have long terrible contracts (like Love) or might be expiring but have large expiring contracts (like Drummond, Thompson, Gallo, Iggy).

Will be tough to be a buyer or a seller in this market. I could see more of those "Clarkson" type of deals though. Where a bad team deals a vet on a cheaper contract for a second rounder or two.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I love Bertans's crazy shooting but the issue is that the Wizards like him, a lot of other teams like him, and he's a free agent this summer.

So the price you'd end up paying is steep for what is very likely to be a rental.
                    Yea he's going to get paaaaaaid this summer. It would be a deal strictly for the playoffs IMO. If it only cost us powell and maybe a 2nd i would do it. Anything more then that and i probably say no.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I read that too, and I wonder if it was a ploy to try and get more assets for their vets. Even if they make the playoffs they'll be an easy out in the first round. Might as well get the decent pick. But yeah he could be too expensive.

I think this deadline will be pretty quiet. Too much parity everywhere.. even in the East. Guys that should be traded have long terrible contracts (like Love) or might be expiring but have large expiring contracts (like Drummond, Thompson, Gallo, Iggy).

Will be tough to be a buyer or a seller in this market. I could see more of those "Clarkson" type of deals though. Where a bad team deals a vet on a cheaper contract for a second rounder or two.
                      Ya don' see the appeal of buying this season so could certanly be bargaining tactic. D-Griff did say as soon as he got the job he was going to keep AD he is savy at this stuff. But imagine a Pels-Lakers 1st round series. It would do the biggest number even in a 4 game sweep. So many storyline for the nba talking heads to obsess over they wouldn't even mention the pacers upsetting the sixers in round 1

Comment

• I personally don't think we need to trade for anyone. What we need is:

1. Three to four weeks with a full heathy roster to finally gel
                        2. Reward the better players with more minutes, and the worse players with fewer, like every team does.

We lost 5 games since December 1st by 2 pts or less, or in OT. If the 2 conditions above were happening, I bet we'd still be hovering at .700 ball.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

That's fair to say but your argument about Teague vs Conley makes you a less credible source of basketball info.

Those stats aren't even bad and Teague has had stellar years when his supporting cast is better. You're literally gushing over Conley and it's unwarranted.

Plus we'd lose Powell. Yeah, RoCo and Deng would be nice also. But I'm not looking past the fact you rank Conley so much higher than Teague; its simply fake news and the typical DanH bias. Even his WS's are lower like what stat are you seeing that ranks him so much higher, Teague's assists are even better.

I'm honestly more fascinated with what stats you value the most at this point more than anything its mystifying.

And if by him returning to form you mean Conley starts dropping 20's for us on a nightly basis...

Yeah ok, in what fantasy land is he getting 16 FGA's per game on this already loaded and hungry roster?

If you watch Conley play he gets buckets but is not a team player.
                          Find me a single credible source of basketball info that doesn't know that Teague is a complete disaster defensively.

Why would Conley need to drop 20 points every night? He just needs to be efficient, and be capable of doing that when the game dictates it. Returning to form would be returning to not caving in the offence. That's all.

Conley has been Lowry West for like a half decade, it blows my mind that someone would think he's not worth taking a low cost chance on.

Losing Powell isn't really losing much. When we are decimated we miss his scoring punch but even at his best he breaks even with that scoring punch because he's a bad defender and a poor decision-maker.

Even WS's? Win shares would be the starting point, and they measure largely offensive production. They are a better version of PER, which is why I use them instead of PER for production stats. We could use some production, but not at the cost of team impact. Impact stats to look at are things like RPM and preferably PIPM or even multi-season RAPM if you can find it updating live.

Teague is a classic box score all star. Looks real good until you look close. Conley is the opposite.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Masai should follow the addition by subtraction rule this deadline.

Unless there is a very attractive asset to pair with Siakam for the long term who can be another player that would entice a potential 2021 free agent to sign.

Otherwise, trade trash or 2 trash for another trash. Hoping that this incoming trash is recyclable. At this point the two trash we have are non-biodegradable.
                            What a beautiful analogy lol
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• You can always tell when there is politics on a team and the coach is playing players that the organization is paying cause Norman Powell in any other world on any other team would never ever start over Matt Thomas. Matt Thomas is a bonfide starter he spaces the offensive and doesn’t make very many errors on offence or defence. The coach should put him as the starter or the GM should trade norm so the coach has no choice but to play the right players.

and once again what do you ppl like about OG?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                and once again what do you ppl like about OG?
                                Youth, size, defense both present and potential, strength, lateral quickness, calm demonar, ability to guard multiple positions, funny, meme ability, cool name.

Comment

Working...
                                X