To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    You can always tell when there is politics on a team and the coach is playing players that the organization is paying cause Norman Powell in any other world on any other team would never ever start over Matt Thomas. Matt Thomas is a bonfide starter he spaces the offensive and doesn’t make very many errors on offence or defence. The coach should put him as the starter or the GM should trade norm so the coach has no choice but to play the right players.

and once again what do you ppl like about OG?
    He's the second most impactful defender on the team at the age of 22 and third most impactful player overall behind Gasol and Siakam. What's not to like?

Look, I like Matt Thomas as a bench shooter but his defence against starters is not really there - a lack of errors doesn't overcome a simple physical inability to guard the top perimeter players. Of course, the same applies to Norm, and at full health neither should be starting, but Norm is likely a more viable sub-starter than Thomas at this stage of their careers.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in trading with GS for D'Angelo Russell? GS always being in the championship picture when healthy I would think they would value cap space more than anything which Raps can provide right? What do you think it would take to get him?

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...-stronger.html

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in trading with GS for D'Angelo Russell? GS always being in the championship picture when healthy I would think they would value cap space more than anything which Raps can provide right? What do you think it would take to get him?
          DAR is pretty mediocre, and paid quite a lot for it. I'd be shying away even if there were basically no asset cost.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cox, as usual, brushes up against the truth and then misses it entirely.

The team would be fine so long as the one they trade is Ibaka. They take a significant step back if the one they trade is Gasol. If they want to keep winning while cashing in one of those chips, they should definitely be looking to trade Ibaka. Cox equating the two in the piece is pretty far off the mark, and the poll results within the piece are very disappointing, with far more people hoping to see Gasol traded than Ibaka.

At least he recognizes that Lowry isn't going anywhere, which is a low bar that Cox rarely clears.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Cox, as usual, brushes up against the truth and then misses it entirely.

The team would be fine so long as the one they trade is Ibaka. They take a significant step back if the one they trade is Gasol. If they want to keep winning while cashing in one of those chips, they should definitely be looking to trade Ibaka. Cox equating the two in the piece is pretty far off the mark, and the poll results within the piece are very disappointing, with far more people hoping to see Gasol traded than Ibaka.

At least he recognizes that Lowry isn't going anywhere, which is a low bar that Cox rarely clears.
              he correctly points out the reality about the teams chances of going deep , though

Comment

DAR is pretty mediocre, and paid quite a lot for it. I'd be shying away even if there were basically no asset cost.
                How does he do in a comparison to say FVV? He's pretty young, improving and is becoming a pretty solid floor spacer.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

How does he do in a comparison to say FVV? He's pretty young, improving and is becoming a pretty solid floor spacer.
                  His defence remains horrendous, is the main thing. He is indeed young, but unless he suddenly becomes an average defender (and he's pretty far from that and has been his entire career), his offence is not going to be enough. With FVV, his defence is always there, so he can always at least provide value as a floor spacer offensively, even if the growth the team obviously hopes for from him as a playmaker and scorer never fully materializes.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Find me a single credible source of basketball info that doesn't know that Teague is a complete disaster defensively.

Why would Conley need to drop 20 points every night? He just needs to be efficient, and be capable of doing that when the game dictates it. Returning to form would be returning to not caving in the offence. That's all.

Conley has been Lowry West for like a half decade, it blows my mind that someone would think he's not worth taking a low cost chance on.

Losing Powell isn't really losing much. When we are decimated we miss his scoring punch but even at his best he breaks even with that scoring punch because he's a bad defender and a poor decision-maker.

Even WS's? Win shares would be the starting point, and they measure largely offensive production. They are a better version of PER, which is why I use them instead of PER for production stats. We could use some production, but not at the cost of team impact. Impact stats to look at are things like RPM and preferably PIPM or even multi-season RAPM if you can find it updating live.

Teague is a classic box score all star. Looks real good until you look close. Conley is the opposite.
                    why would I do the leg work to help win your argument for you? Conley is a ball hog.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

why would I do the leg work to help win your argument for you? Conley is a ball hog.
                      You asked me which stats to look at and I told you. Conley as a ball hog is an interesting perspective, he and Teague have very similar career assist rates...

I don't care about winning the argument so long as the Raptors don't trade for Teague and thereby get worse.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• seriously...Teague?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

You asked me which stats to look at and I told you. Conley as a ball hog is an interesting perspective, he and Teague have very similar career assist rates...

I don't care about winning the argument so long as the Raptors don't trade for Teague and thereby get worse.
                          who's are better though?

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

you aren't credible in my eyes anymore DanH. their PERS are near identical, their defensive stats are identical, per 36 Teague has more assists. Dan, you are dead wrong and ppl on this forum respect you so they will pile on me and randomly hate. but you are wrong sir.

I asked what stats are important to you and check those career numbers out. they check in.

and if you say that's because his old stats are better... well if you compare Conley and Teague this season they are pretty equal as well.

AT the end of the day Conley is better, but not worth giving away norman Powell and Ibaka for. period. Teague is Conley lite and he's much better than McCaw. to say he is trash because you don't want him is just false information.
                          Last edited by c-troop; Tue Jan 14, 2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            seriously...Teague?
                            yeah

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              seriously...Teague?
                              I remember people on this board arguing we should trade for Teague all the way back in 2014 lol
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

I remember people on this board arguing we should trade for Teague all the way back in 2014 lol
                                ahah thats legit

Comment

Working...
                                X