No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about trades..I dont know if any of those trades make us contender..but if we wait a week before the trade deadline, someone might be available that would propel raps as a contender..Draymond Green..why would golden state do this...well there 2 things..giannis and Anthony Davis, warriors want 2 be in the middle of that and ready 2 clear some cap space..whispers are slowly coming out..As for raptors,they are in win now situation, this would make raps one of toughest front 3 team play against..u put draymond at 4, siakim 3, Gasol 5..not only that u got Draymond another 5 years in his prime..Is he headcase,yes, however this guy is winner, a champion, he gets it, great defensively, hates 2 loose and if u ask any team in nba, they would love 2 have him, so here's what I'm proposing..

Ibaka,Boucher, Stanley, 1st rd..maybe even second...

for

Draymond Green, Alec Burks

Since we can't get Bradley beal, and there are no wing man that make us better..I think this is the most logical thing I can think of.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

is anyone else enjoying this season every bit as much as (and possibly more than) the last? why are so many preoccupied with tearing a title-defending team on pace to win 55+ games down to the skids when they are just getting healthy?
      I'm not enjoying it as much..I love these guys, but last year I was laser focused on a title all season, just like Kawhi. I got butterflies thinking of playoffs. And it paid off. Now, I'm just hungover from the championship, proud of these guys, still a little pissed at Kawhi, and a little sad we won't get back this year.

But I'm fine with just riding it out and letting Masai reload
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Good read from Jlew. Points out that after tonight, we don't play a +500 team til the home and home with Indy that sandwiches the trade deadline. How much of a read will we get over that time?

https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-76er...line-1.1430886

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Good read from Jlew. Points out that after tonight, we don't play a +500 team til the home and home with Indy that sandwiches the trade deadline. How much of a read will we get over that time?

https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-76er...line-1.1430886
          At the very least we may get further confirmation of which players don't help us much if we continue to struggle with certain players on the court against lesser opposition.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Powell out for the year with a ruptured achilles. Mavs for sure would be looking to trade for a big man now....someone like Ibaka. Does the Mavs have any assets to could intrigue the Raptors?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Powell out for the year with a ruptured achilles. Mavs for sure would be looking to trade for a big man now....someone like Ibaka. Does the Mavs have any assets to could intrigue the Raptors?
              The problem is if we trade Serge, we would still need a backup big. I don't want to rely on Boucher or play RHJ/Siakam at the 5 for long stretches. Boban is fun to watch, but sorry don't want him as a Raptor.

Unless we can find a third team to get back a backup big, I'd pass on moving from Serge.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The problem is if we trade Serge, we would still need a backup big. I don't want to rely on Boucher or play RHJ/Siakam at the 5 for long stretches. Boban is fun to watch, but sorry don't want him as a Raptor.

Unless we can find a third team to get back a backup big, I'd pass on moving from Serge.
                Eh, I'm perfectly fine with Boucher as backup C and we can troll the buyout or FA market for a big body to take 6 fouls when needed.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Powell out for the year with a ruptured achilles. Mavs for sure would be looking to trade for a big man now....someone like Ibaka. Does the Mavs have any assets to could intrigue the Raptors?
                  If we want to get the gang back together and add some ball handling depth, we could try to get Wright from them, but he's signed to 2022 and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he'd represent. Maybe we do take Boban in the deal just to have a big body.

Hmm. Serge makes 23M. Maybe Hardaway Jr would be a good return but I don't think they'd want to trade him and I'm not 100% sure I'd want him.

Yeah, I think the most realistic trade is something built around Courtney Lee's expiring, Delon, Boban and the GSW 2020 2nd rounder they have for Serge and one of McCaw or SJ. I don't like the trade much though.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If we want to get the gang back together and add some ball handling depth, we could try to get Wright from them, but he's signed to 2022 and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he'd represent. Maybe we do take Boban in the deal just to have a big body.

Hmm. Serge makes 23M. Maybe Hardaway Jr would be a good return but I don't think they'd want to trade him and I'm not 100% sure I'd want him.

Yeah, I think the most realistic trade is something built around Courtney Lee's expiring, Delon, Boban and the GSW 2020 2nd rounder they have for Serge and one of McCaw or SJ. I don't like the trade much though.
                    So how about Lee's expiring + Brunson + their 1st this year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Eh, I'm perfectly fine with Boucher as backup C and we can troll the buyout or FA market for a big body to take 6 fouls when needed.
                      Can't help but feel Serge is being underappreciated here. He's still an anchor on defense, provides toughness and shot blocking. Also a guy who can get hot from the perimeter, is Lowry's go to guy on the pick and roll not to mention how much playoff experience he brings. Boucher might get there in time, but he's not there now.

Comment

So how about Lee's expiring + Brunson + their 1st this year.
                        They can't trade 1sts, that's why they are a bad trade partner for assets. They traded their 2021 1st and 2023 1st to NYK for Porzingis, so that means they can't trade any 1sts right now.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Can't help but feel Serge is being underappreciated here. He's still an anchor on defense, provides toughness and shot blocking. Also a guy who can get hot from the perimeter, is Lowry's go to guy on the pick and roll not to mention how much playoff experience he brings. Boucher might get there in time, but he's not there now.
                          If the Raptors were doing well in Serge's minutes I'd be with you. All those things he brings are just not making the difference for the team, which makes me think those things are overvalued, not undervalued. Which is nice, because overvalued players tend to return more in trades than undervalued ones.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm of the opinion that Masai very much wants to get back to the finals this year. Otherwise he probably would have probably started a more radical reload in the summer. I expect him to make some moves by the trade deadline with the goal of making a run in the playoffs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Where we are in the standings right now an offer would have to blow me away to consider moving serge.. This guy is going to be huge for us in the playoffs
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

If the Raptors were doing well in Serge's minutes I'd be with you. All those things he brings are just not making the difference for the team, which makes me think those things are overvalued, not undervalued. Which is nice, because overvalued players tend to return more in trades than undervalued ones.
                                How much of that is due to who serge is playing with tho? He has had to share the court with RHJ and McCaw alot this season. He was averaging 19/11 when he was starting.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X