To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I like our team but let's be real here, without Kawhi we don't get past Philly much less Milwaukee last year. Well that is pretty much the team we are going into this years playoffs with. I don't like the idea of not putting up a fight to defend the championship, but I'm also speculating this might be the best opportunity to set up the team for the future. What to do?
    There’s some truth in that but also some Toronto insecurity. Sure, without Kawhi’s shot, we wouldn’t have gotten by philly. But without Jimmy, we wouldn’t have needed Kawhi’s shot.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

There’s some truth in that but also some Toronto insecurity. Sure, without Kawhi’s shot, we wouldn’t have gotten by philly. But without Jimmy, we wouldn’t have needed Kawhi’s shot.
      I expect Embiid to perform better. He can't completely "shit" the bed again right? Also Kawhi shut down Ben Simmons while OG can't quite hold him off.

Nevertheless I like our chances against Sixers. Without Butler they don't have a closer
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I expect Embiid to perform better. He can't completely "shit" the bed again right? Also Kawhi shut down Ben Simmons while OG can't quite hold him off.

Nevertheless I like our chances against Sixers. Without Butler they don't have a closer
        The funny thing is, lost in the hoopla of Kawhi’s shot, he went 16-39 in the game. We can get better too . But I agree with your point.

Comment

Kawhi did a lot more than hit the final shot of the series. And he was a huge safety blanket through the entire playoff run for other guys to have bad nights.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            I'm pretty darn happy to stand pat.
            You don't see we could improve on one of the bench scrubs? Bring in a vet number 7-8 guy for rookie 11-12?
            Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jan 29, 2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You don't see we could improve on one of the bench scrubs? Bring in a vet number 7-8 guy for rookie 11-12?
              I saw Masai talk to Vince. We might get him
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I saw Masai talk to Vince. We might get him

Comment

The funny thing is, lost in the hoopla of Kawhi’s shot, he went 16-39 in the game. We can get better too . But I agree with your point.
                  lost in the hoopla of Kawhi's shot, is the fact that that whole game was just terrible. Epic ending, but the game itself was painful to watch. I like our chances against Philly this year. They don't have the shooting that they had last year.

Milwuakee though...not sure how we would match up against them in the post season.

Comment

• Let us never forget. Serge was the unsung hero of Game 7 vs philly. The "shot" is great but ive watched Serge hit the 3 in Ben simmions face like 15 times.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Kawhi HAD to take 39 shots because everybody else, except Ibaka, was scared sh!tless to shoot the ball.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Kawhi HAD to take 39 shots because everybody else, except Ibaka, was scared sh!tless to shoot the ball.
                        I remember that. Lol. Ibaka also was the one guy who gave the big speech "I've been in worse spots" after game 2 against Milwaukee. And backed it up.

Ibaka is our most unsung underrated and under appreciated player. And hes a great teammate and coachable pro.

the only thing is, hes overdue to punch a Lopez or zeller in the head. I'm down for another Ibaka fight.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think our current roster is solid enough - when healthy- to defeat Sixers and Bucks in the playoff. What do we need ?
                          We need to improve in the offencive rebounding area.
                          Sometimes, no trade is a good trade.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I remember that. Lol. Ibaka also was the one guy who gave the big speech "I've been in worse spots" after game 2 against Milwaukee. And backed it up.

Ibaka is our most unsung underrated and under appreciated player. And hes a great teammate and coachable pro.

the only thing is, hes overdue to punch a Lopez or zeller in the head. I'm down for another Ibaka fight.
                            At the point Serge is as much the leader of the team as Kyle. I would hate to see him leave, it would leave a hole in the locker room. Terrence has been saying all season he has the one who told him to stay ready, got him on a diet and is helping him navigate the league. And as you said, he's a big time enforcer by NBA standards. Most guys do the hold me back Serge will actually start throwing bombs and everyone in the league knows that.
                            Sincerely- One of the last remaining Serge Stans
                            Last edited by bertarapsfan; Wed Jan 29, 2020, 05:12 PM.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

At the point Serge is as a the leader of the team as Kyle. I would hate to see him leave, think it would like a hole in the locker room. Terrence has been saying all season he has the one who told him to stay ready, got him on a diet and is helping him navigate the league. And as you said, he's a big time enforcer by NBA standards. Most guys do the hold me back Serge will actually start throwing bombs and everyone in the league knows that.
                              Sincerely- One of the last remaining Serge Stans
                              I love Serge too, also because he's hilarious. He's the one I'd most want to have drinks with on the team
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Net rating and PIPM be damned! Take that, DanH!

Comment

Working...
                                X