To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    So looks like the cap is dropping a bit based on expectations for next season.. due to the whole China fiasco. Still higher than this year, but not as high as once assumed. So we could see some activity at the deadline for teams that may want to try and duck the tax now.

This is from Woj:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ax-projections

Also would affect Siakam's extension since those are based on a % of the cap.
    Shit, hows latrell sprewell gonna feed his kids??
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Only a Million a team. So Morey only cost the players 30 million. Fair deal
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Only a Million a team. So Morey only cost the players 30 million. Fair deal
        66 thousand per player. They throw that much on a stripper
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• OG for Gallo should be a hard no. Gallo for Serge or Norm and some filler, you can argue makes sense as a scorer off the bench even as a super sub playing heavy minutes.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            OG for Gallo should be a hard no. Gallo for Serge or Norm and some filler, you can argue makes sense as a scorer off the bench even as a super sub playing heavy minutes.
            Noooo..Galo..plz..keep, Ibaka,powell,Og..this team needs better bench..McCaw,Stanley, Hollins, Thomas, miller, Hernandez, Boucher, Davis is a keeper..the rest of these guys add them together or separate trades with draft picks and get better bench players..preferably veteran players..that's what this team needs, don't mess with core players..
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Please just get someone who can rebound.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                Please just get someone who can rebound.
                Marc can, he just doesn't often
                Serge can, but he's older than Gasol

Comment

Len Bias is the all time leader in BPM.
                  Still too soon

Comment

• So quiet..no rumors , no trades..is anyone gonna make deals, trade deadline is less week away...
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      So quiet..no rumors , no trades..is anyone gonna make deals, trade deadline is less week away...
                      Don't think anything major is going to happen probably just bench guys and maybe some 6th man types. Think the biggest names moved will be Rose and Igoudola.

Comment

• Saw a post the other day. The magic basically traded 2 all stars for Terrence Ross. Oladipo and Sabonis to get Ibaka then Ibaka for Ross. Indy gets alot of credit for pulling off a great PG trade but man the magic have really messed up that situation. Also traded a borderline all star in Tobias Harris for Ilaysova and Branden Jennings.

Comment

Saw a post the other day. The magic basically traded 2 all stars for Terrence Ross. Oladipo and Sabonis to get Ibaka then Ibaka for Ross. Indy gets alot of credit for pulling off a great PG trade but man the magic have really messed up that situation. Also traded a borderline all star in Tobias Harris for Ilaysova and Branden Jennings.
                          That's true but in Orlando's defence they had no idea what Oladipo would be. Even OKC after getting Oladipo didn't know. He only really broke through in Indiana (his third team). Also, when Orlando got Ibaka, he was still a pretty hot commodity coming in from OKC (Didn't fit well with Biyombo though, which allowed us to pluck them from Orlando for Ross & a pick).

When you look at movements around the league over the years, you can see that a player breaking through often has to do with the teammates/system they're in (i.e. the fit), which make some trades look lopsided in hindsight. Lowry went 8 years without being an-all star, then proceeded to be one 6 seasons in a row - if Memphis and Houston (his former teams) knew, they probably wouldn't have moved him. Harden was an alright player for his first 3 years in the league in OKC, then went to Houston for 8 straight all-star appearances and is now arguably one of the best offensive players in history.

It's pretty crazy; I'm sure there are several players stuck in certain teams/systems that would break through in different settings, but we'll never know...

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            ...It's pretty crazy; I'm sure there are several players stuck in certain teams/systems that would break through in different settings, but we'll never know...
                            Nah. We'll know right after Bobby and Masai make their move.

Comment

• I would be cool with something like Jabari Parker and Vince Carter for McCaw, Stanley Johnson and sweetener. Gives us more scoring at the wing, especially with all the injuries we've been having. No long term contracts but help right now to make a push.

Comment

• Assuming the Raptors keep rolling, are there any significant players on the last year of their contract playing for a team that is out of the playoffs? With the Raps rolling like they are, matching last year's record, with 165 man-games lost to injury and WITHOUT Kawhi and Danny, what are the chances a good player is available on the buy-out market? Or two.

I know the past numbers say that buyout guys don't have a very significant impact on a team's chances, but that is not the Raptors. That is not Nick Nurse. That is not a team led by Kyle Lowry. Picking up a couple of guys who are hungry for a chance at a chip, are veterans and with only the rest of the season or one year left should be doable...and the Raptors are showing that lightning can strike twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X