No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Masai and Webster are both aiming to run it back this season and setting aside for a moment salary flexibility in 2021, I would think that they are pre-planning for the East Finals with the thinking how can they at least limit Giannis free reign without exposing and overtiring Pascal at the defensive end of the court.

Internally, Ibaka is the most logical one. Therefore to make a run for a championship, Ibaka is not going anywhere as he is the only guy on this team behind Kawhi last season who was able to slow down the freak. OG’s body and BBIQ has not fully developed yet.

Now focusing outside: Capella, Tucker, Jonathan Isaac (injured), Iggy to me are the most viable pieces that may at least make Gianni’s life in the playoffs somewhat difficult.

Question: Does Bobby or Masai willing to give up their existing assets for one of these guys?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      . OG’s body... has not fully developed yet.
      i sat 8 rows behind the bench when i was home over the holidays and i can tell you from that vantage point, this is not correct.

original gugua is the most physically imposing player on the team.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

This whole situation has really soured my opinion of Iguodala. He's basically turned up his nose on playing for a decent young team, and is getting paid while not fulfilling any part of his contract. He was even on TV recently talking about how happy he's been to take a year off of playing, and how it will extend his career a bit longer
        I would be happy too, relaxing at home while collecting his pre-tax salary of $17M. He is (was) a solid 3 & D wing who could possibly come off the bench, however, we have a younger, more versatile S.F. / S.G. in Norm. He would be a possible RHJ replacement - much better shooter but that's a big $ for a back-up wing.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
          People here, Do not you think that Wiggins will do good here in Toronto ?
          The guy is still only 24 years old.
          The Wiggins one might be a situation where a guy needs a change of scenery and a new lease on life. Having said that, it would depend what you have to give up. Even then, you have to find a way to make the contract fit without disrupting your roster.

I don't think there's a fit in Toronto but I would like to see him get out of Minny and into a really good organization that might be able to maximize his abilities.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i sat 8 rows behind the bench when i was home over the holidays and i can tell you from that vantage point, this is not correct.

OG has defended guys like LeBron so physically I think he can help wall-up Giannis. Unlike Leonard though, he hasn't the defensive credibility with the refs so he would quickly accumulate fouls. He is built like a football player. His older brother Chigbo was in the NFL and was listed at 6-4, 324 lbs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I could see maybe serge and Marc being in for that. But it would define all logic for FVV to take a 1 year deal.
              FVV will probably get offers of at least 3 years. Being a restricted FA we have the ability to match and should do so as long as it's not anything crazy. Brogan's deal sets a good benchmark IMO.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

I should have rephrase it, IMO OG’s body and BBIQ mind have not fully mature (probably a full season under his belt) to consistently defend the top tier wings of this league. Though stopping Giannis is more of a feat.

That said, I am with the camp hesitant to trade OG for short term gain.

But that all depends on what exactly Masai or Webster are up to when they (more Masai) implied that they want to run it back.

For me, this team is one impactful personnel short, somone who can slow down Giannis in a SEVEN game series
                Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Mon Feb 3, 2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Wiggins one might be a situation where a guy needs a change of scenery and a new lease on life. Having said that, it would depend what you have to give up. Even then, you have to find a way to make the contract fit without disrupting your roster.

I don't think there's a fit in Toronto but I would like to see him get out of Minny and into a really good organization that might be able to maximize his abilities.
                  Watching him play he looks disinterested? although he never has come across as an intense, highly competitive guy.

Comment

• Woj reporting that Boston are interested in trading for Capela. If they are successful in acquiring him, they can be a legitimate force in the post season.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      Bobby and MU it’s time for you to do some magic and get Devin Booker here.

imagine pascal, Devin and giannis that’s a championship. Keep gasol or serge or even better both.
                      With those 3 guys you have 75 shots leaving 10 to 15 for the other guys...seems like a little too "shot heavy" trio...

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post

What would you give up for Iggy though. Because unless there is a third team involved it would be very hard to make the salaries match. I really don't think he's worth giving up Ibaka or Powell for him. He's making 17mil a season
                        Ya we can't make it work without Powell or Ibaka which is an overpay. If he hits buy out no way he chooses anyone but L.A, So here's hoping Den or Dal can make a deal for him
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

This whole situation has really soured my opinion of Iguodala. He's basically turned up his nose on playing for a decent young team, and is getting paid while not fulfilling any part of his contract. He was even on TV recently talking about how happy he's been to take a year off of playing, and how it will extend his career a bit longer
                          Yeah sounds he's playing the prima-donna card. Doesn't fit this team's culture imo. From the 15th man to our more accoladed vets (Gasol and Lowry) all the players on this team are no-fuss, team-first guys and (unless injured), are all there professionally every night leaving their hearts on the floor, supporting each other.

What makes it even more strange is we're not talking about 26yr-old Anthony Davis here (whom at least stuck out on bad team for years before asking out and is a superstar). We're talking about 36 yr old Igoudala pouting and not honouring his contract after leaving a championship team. Might backfire on him though: if somehow he doesn't play this year, how many teams you think will be lining up for 37yr old Igoudala that by then won't have played ball in a year? If I'm a GM I stay the heck away from all that.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Woj reporting that Boston are interested in trading for Capela. If they are successful in acquiring him, they can be a legitimate force in the post season.
                            mmm Boston lacks a legitimate C. With Kanter and Robert Williams injured they only have Theis 6-8 and Grant Williams 6-6 as their bigs. 7-6" Tacko Falls isn't ready for prime time, fans love him though!

Comment

• I not 100% familiar with Bostons cap but i think they would have to give up Hayward or Smart in any trade. Smart is very valuable for Boston and i dont know who would be the 3rd team to get hayward cause i dont think Rockets would want him
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                I not 100% familiar with Bostons cap but i think they would have to give up Hayward or Smart in any trade. Smart is very valuable for Boston and i dont know who would be the 3rd team to get hayward cause i dont think Rockets would want him
                                i hope they trade hayward for capela. gordo is brad stevens' favorite son and ainge coldly trading him after battling back from his gruesome injury has serious potential for internal strife, which would be fun.

make it happen danny.

Comment

Working...
                                X