To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

We have enough defense. We need offense.
    He gives you that.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I love Jrue Holiday, he is a winner. But I do tend to agree that he's not going to lift our offensive ceiling much. And I think that is a more pressing need than the amazing defense he offers.

That said, there may not be any amazing offensive players available. Hell I doubt Holiday is even available.

I do think Zach Lavine is reaching peak frustration and I think we could sneak in under the radar and grab him from that dumbass Bulls front office.

Comment

• I'm like stan over here. Anywho. That's just my opinion.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Second team All-Defense last year. First Team All-Defense in 2018.
          yeah he gets votes based purely on prior reputation. he's been a straight up bad defender this year. i watched the game vs houston yesterday and he had one great block on a danuel house drive and apart from that looked like jose calderon trying to keep his man in front of him.

even old hubie who is almost completely incapable of criticism called him out a couple of times.

Comment

He gives you that.
            Only a 106 ORTG, with inconsistent 3-pt shooting. That's not good offense. Also... I saw Jrue brick 2 FTs in clutch time vs. the Rockets yesterday and got Lowry flashbacks, pre-Kawhi. We'd be getting him for the playoffs, so clutch-ness is important.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I love Jrue Holiday, he is a winner. But I do tend to agree that he's not going to lift our offensive ceiling much. And I think that is a more pressing need than the amazing defense he offers.

That said, there may not be any amazing offensive players available. Hell I doubt Holiday is even available.

I do think Zach Lavine is reaching peak frustration and I think we could sneak in under the radar and grab him from that dumbass Bulls front office.
              plus he might cut into mccaw's minutes

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                jrue would cost OG and ibaka and i don't think that makes us better.

i like jrue but i'm getting conley vibes from him (who's comparable to him in more ways than one). he's taken a big step back this year. is that step back permanent or just an anomaly?

honestly none of the names out there excite me considering what we'd have to give.
                I think Jrue for OG + Ibaka would make us better now, but worse in the (near) future. If that trade happen you would probably start Lowry/Jrue/RHJ/Siakam/Gasol, which is a killer, elite starting unit, but the bench would lose a lot of length/athtleticism (it would be FVV/Davis/Norm/Thomas/Boucher, and McCaw). You would have to make another trade for a wing/big and balance the roster.

Basically, it would be an all-in move for us in exchange for a young player (OG) that could be breaking through right when Siakam and Fred are peaking in the next couple of years

Comment

yeah he gets votes based purely on prior reputation. he's been a straight up bad defender this year. i watched the game vs houston yesterday and he had one great block on a danuel house drive and apart from that looked like jose calderon trying to keep his man in front of him.

even old hubie who is almost completely incapable of criticism called him out a couple of times.
                  Meh that Pels team sucks. Motivated Jrue in playoffs is whole different beast. He locked down Damian Lillard.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Only a 106 ORTG, with inconsistent 3-pt shooting. That's not good offense. Also... I saw Jrue brick 2 FTs in clutch time vs. the Rockets yesterday and got Lowry flashbacks, pre-Kawhi. We'd be getting him for the playoffs, so clutch-ness is important.
                    There's other ways to look at offense. He would give this team a different dimension. He's big guard who can break down the defense and kick out to shooters but he can actually finish on the inside. No more FVV and Lowry getting blocked at the rim that we all love. Right now we have only two guys who can do that: Pascal and Powell. Plus with Pascal, Gasol. Those shooting percentage will climb and he'll make other guys more efficient as well.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I love Jrue Holiday, he is a winner. But I do tend to agree that he's not going to lift our offensive ceiling much. And I think that is a more pressing need than the amazing defense he offers.

Please no lavine. We do not need a volume scorer with no D. Lavine is basically derozan with some 3pt shooting. We could probably use a scorer, but not a guy that could highjack the offence and give back everything he gets on the other end.

Comment

• Meh, guys like Clint Capela end up overrated and overpaid and are one slip in athleticism away from being mediocre players (who are usually still overpaid) like Kenneth Faried or Deandre Jordan.

I don't think Capela really moves the needle for a team like Boston at all (how much of an improvement is he over the Theis/Kanter duo?).
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

i hope they trade hayward for capela. gordo is brad stevens' favorite son and ainge coldly trading him after battling back from his gruesome injury has serious potential for internal strife, which would be fun.

make it happen danny.
                          Been waiting 5 years for Ainge to make the trade that is going to make Boston an unbeatable force in the East. Am still waiting. Won't hold my breath.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Been waiting 5 years for Ainge to make the trade that is going to make Boston an unbeatable force in the East. Am still waiting. Won't hold my breath.
                            Why not another 5 years....

Tool
                            Tool: (noun)

1.) A guy with a hugely over-inflated ego, who in an attempt to get un-due attention for himself, will act like a jackass, because, in his deluded state, he will think it's going to make him look cool, or make others want to be like him. The person may even insincerely apologize later on, but only in an attempt to get more attention, or to excuse his blatantly intentional, and unrepentantly tool-ish behavior.

2.) Someone whose ego FAR exceeds his talent, intelligence, and likeability. But, of course, he is clueless regarding that fact. He erroneously thinks he is THE MAN!

Comment

There's other ways to look at offense. He would give this team a different dimension. He's big guard who can break down the defense and kick out to shooters but he can actually finish on the inside. No more FVV and Lowry getting blocked at the rim that we all love. Right now we have only two guys who can do that: Pascal and Powell. Plus with Pascal, Gasol. Those shooting percentage will climb and he'll make other guys more efficient as well.
                              But how big an upgrade is Jrue over Powell, though? Assuming this year's New Norm is the new norm. Offensively, it looks like a downgrade.

Comment

• Jrue sounds like a good fit. I am mostly concerned with 3pt shooting, and jrue is shooting a surprising 35% which isnt bad. OG has come back down to earth a bit at 36.5% while serge is trending up at just shy of 40%. But then you would also have Boucher getting more minutes in place of serge and he shoots a paltry 29%. I'm not sure our defence would suffer at all with this trade. Jrue is an all defensive player, OG is also a damn good defender. Serge has been pretty good defending the paint and boucher brings great energy and is fearless. The defence might be a wash although OG can guard more positions then jrue. I dont know, I still kinda think its too much to give up, but I'm pretty high on OG even though he has kinda disappointed me a little this season. Now if you can get a reddick or favors in that deal it gets more appealing. But I think that throws the money out of whack and becomes too difficult to match.

Comment

Working...
                                X