No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The league is different than what it was back in the day..the big man has 2 be good 3pt shooter, Capella..mehhh..As for Ibaka and OG, ain't going no where..I love jrue holiday, but money dont add up..It would have 2 be norm and 5 other players..ie..mcaw, stanley, hollins,Miller, hernadez,plus 2 first rd picks..probably would have 2 be 3 team trade..OG ain't playing good offensively, but he will get better, u really think there gonna trade OG, they told san antonio.. no ..part of kawli deal and Jrue ain't Kawli..just saying.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But how big an upgrade is Jrue over Powell, though? Assuming this year's New Norm is the new norm. Offensively, it looks like a downgrade.
      Huge upgrade. Jrue is longtime starter. And he's the first guy on opposing teams scouting report. He's a sure thing. We are still hoping this is real Powell
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Been waiting 5 years for Ainge to make the trade that is going to make Boston an unbeatable force in the East. Am still waiting. Won't hold my breath.
        Ainge waited to long to cash in his assets. There "stockpile of picks" are now mid-late to late 1st rounders. They did well trading back for tatum considering Fultz and Balls careers so far, but im still not sold on Tatum being a top 25 player. And brown is a nice 3rd/4th best player on a championship team but i think he gets over rated alot playing in boston
        If boston wanted Kawhi i think they could have got him. But tatum and Brown were made untouchable.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I love Jrue Holiday, he is a winner. But I do tend to agree that he's not going to lift our offensive ceiling much. And I think that is a more pressing need than the amazing defense he offers.

That said, there may not be any amazing offensive players available. Hell I doubt Holiday is even available.

I do think Zach Lavine is reaching peak frustration and I think we could sneak in under the radar and grab him from that dumbass Bulls front office.
          See, if you could flip something like Powell, OG and a first for JRue that might entice NO but the salary doesn't work. I suspect that if JRue became available there would be a bidding war for him. He's a guy who for me is a little overrated and I don't know that he'd move the needle all that much for Toronto. Now, put him on Miami and he'd have a bigger impact.

The Bulls traded Butler to restart the window and trading Lavine a few years later for picks having accomplished nothing would be a very tough sell to an already indifferent fanbase. Having said that, I think if you put Lavine on Toronto he'd be an entirely different guy. Just following the Bulls this season a little bit (I love following really bad sports teams) and he has tried to mix up and change his game but that offense they run is awful and he has no help, especially after all the injuries.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
            clint capela has attempted two 3's in his career. serge ibaka is shooting 40% from 3. i wonder which player the coaching staff thinks is a better fit?
            I'm totally OK to stand pat and stick with Ibaka.

But Ibaka shoots three, but Capela's ORtg is 124 vs Ibaka's 109, OWS is 2.9 vs 1.1, OBPM is -0.9 vs -1.0, TS% is .626 vs .587, PPG is 13.9 on 9.9 shots vs 15.5 on 12.1 shots

I just don't see an argument that Capela is a downgrade offensively by any measure.

Raps are not just a three point shooting team, they are a team that values shots at the rim as well.

In terms of production, WP48 is .270 vs .013, WS/40 is .187 vs .139
            Total impact, BPM 1.5 vs -0.2, VORP is 1.1 vs 0.5

Ibaka is playing well this year, and I'm happy to have him stay, but it's clear Capela is an upgrade, who is playing better now and is 5 years younger.

Last edited by Quirk; Mon Feb 3, 2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I don't really see him as a fit. His rebounding is great but I'd imagine we'd have to give up Ibaka or gasol and he's not worth that.

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post

I don't really see him as a fit. His rebounding is great but I'd imagine we'd have to give up Ibaka or gasol and he's not worth that.
                  I like his motor and rebounding but limited offensive game make usefulness questionable. Issue is what we would have to give up?

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I like his motor and rebounding but limited offensive game limits usefulness. Issue is what we would have to give up?
                    Cavs need draft picks and I'm sure they are looking for first rounders. But they don't really need to move him. Seems weird for Toronto unless you're moving Serge to, what, upgrade the wing?

Looks like a lot of running in place....

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I like his motor and rebounding but limited offensive game make usefulness questionable. Issue is what we would have to give up?
                      He gets offensive rebounds, extra possessions and put-backs, which creates very high efficiency offense. It's a vastly under-rated part of offense and TT is elite at it. Also has championship pedigree.

I wouldn't go all the way to say that we #NeedTristanThompson, but we could definitely #UseTristanThompson

Comment

• I think we have SJ, RHJ, and McCaw plus a picks to get something done to upgrade.... so 10-11mil and picks

I don't want to move any of our top 7 guys... I would consider moving Gasol if we get something that really moves the needle, only because of his age and his free agency this year... I love watching the guy!

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I think Jrue for OG + Ibaka would make us better now, but worse in the (near) future. If that trade happen you would probably start Lowry/Jrue/RHJ/Siakam/Gasol, which is a killer, elite starting unit, but the bench would lose a lot of length/athtleticism (it would be FVV/Davis/Norm/Thomas/Boucher, and McCaw). You would have to make another trade for a wing/big and balance the roster.

Basically, it would be an all-in move for us in exchange for a young player (OG) that could be breaking through right when Siakam and Fred are peaking in the next couple of years
                          i might agree with this if it were 2018-2019 jrue being included in the trade. agree it makes us worse long term. and i would hate to give up on OG now

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

I'm totally OK to stand pat and stick with Ibaka.

But Ibaka shoots three, but Capela's ORtg is 124 vs Ibaka's 109, OWS is 2.9 vs 1.1, OBPM is -0.9 vs -1.0, TS% is .626 vs .587, PPG is 13.9 on 9.9 shots vs 15.5 on 12.1 shots

I just don't see an argument that Capela is a downgrade offensively by any measure.

Raps are not just a three point shooting team, they are a team that values shots at the rim as well.

In terms of production, WP48 is .270 vs .013, WS/40 is .187 vs .139
                            Total impact, BPM 1.5 vs -0.2, VORP is 1.1 vs 0.5

Ibaka is playing well this year, and I'm happy to have him stay, but it's clear Capela is an upgrade, who is playing better now and is 5 years younger.

i think a lot of screen and dive big men would put up similar numbers to capela in houston's offense catching lobs from harden or westbrook or paul surrounded by shooters. i think houston thinks the same thing, which is why they're trying to trade him for wing depth - he is completely replaceable.

i think it's a lot harder to replace what serge gives us.
                            Last edited by chris; Mon Feb 3, 2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Iggy is acting like he's Lebron out there. Will end up as Carmelo.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X