Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Youth means nothing, good trade
    People are talkin about Iguodala like he's LeBron James. Y'all remember how he looked in the Finals last year? he was garbage. Dude is 36 years old. 26 year old Iguodala probably would've made a huge difference. But this version? nah.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Going where? nothing has changed, they're still the 6th best team in the conference.

Well the standings show they are the 4th best in the conference and we've lost both games we've played against that team. They've just got better by adding a quality 3&D vet that has a finals MVP under his belt and a tonne of experience in big games. To that they are looking to add a sniper in Gallo, so I think that qualifies as going for it.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I’m hoping we get some kind of hometown discount on Freddie, although in today’s NBA that doesn’t seem likely
        Raps got reputation of taking care of their own
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well the standings show they are the 4th best in the conference and we've lost both games we've played against that team. They've just got better by adding a quality 3&D vet that has a finals MVP under his belt and a tonne of experience in big games. To that they are looking to add a sniper in Gallo, so I think that qualifies as going for it.
          The Iggy trade by itself helps them but I'm not sure how much. Adding Gallinari would move the needle but it sounds like he wants a long-term deal, which would hamper the Heat in the 2021 offseason. I would have really like Gallo in Toronto but the idea of extending him long-term isn't palatable.

Comment

• Miami gets Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill along with Iguodala. No way they get Gallinari now, unless those guys are immediately re-routed
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

People are talkin about Iguodala like he's LeBron James. Y'all remember how he looked in the Finals last year? he was garbage. Dude is 36 years old. 26 year old Iguodala probably would've made a huge difference. But this version? nah.
              Were we watching the same finals? Iggy was their best player in game 6. Hit the game winning 3 in game 2.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Pat Riley is dead serious...

Starters
                Adebayo
                Olynyk
                Duncan Robinson
                Jimmy Butler
                Nunn

Bench:
                Iggy
                Jae Crowder
                Solomon Hill
                Dragic
                Myers Lenard
                Herro
                Jones

Gallo???

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Iggy trade by itself helps them but I'm not sure how much. Adding Gallinari would move the needle but it sounds like he wants a long-term deal, which would hamper the Heat in the 2021 offseason. I would have really like Gallo in Toronto but the idea of extending him long-term isn't palatable.
                  Imo, Miami adding Iggy is a move with the playoffs in mind when you need a solid and reliable playoff level defender to match up against the likes of Tatum, Brown, or even Siakam, and Giannis. If they get far enough then there is Kawhi, George, Lebron etc match up's possibly coming. May not show results in the regular season, but that may not have been the intent. Gallo would really help balance their offense.

I don't see a Gallo type move coming for the Raptors. It's either got to be for a starter like Beal where Masai thinks he gives them a legit shot at another title or it will be a small move for to nab somebody they think can be developed down the line. That's just my guess anyway.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Were we watching the same finals? Iggy was their best player in game 6. Hit the game winning 3 in game 2.
                    No I don't think we were watching the same finals. Klay Thompson was BY FAR their best player in game 6. And really their best player the whole series.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Game 6 was his only good game in finals. He still averaged only 9 pts on 39% and 27% from 3.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Pat Riley is dead serious...

Starters
                        Adebayo
                        Olynyk
                        Duncan Robinson
                        Jimmy Butler
                        Nunn

Bench:
                        Iggy
                        Jae Crowder
                        Solomon Hill
                        Dragic
                        Myers Lenard
                        Herro
                        Jones

Gallo???
                        Gallo talks are stalled.. probably not going to get him.

So its Winslow, Waiters, JJ for Iggy, Crowder and Hill.

It's a meh trade for me. Iggy and Crowder I guess are upgrades. It's not like Winslow/Waiters or JJ were helping much though.

Not getting Gallo is a bigger blow.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Gallo talks are stalled.. probably not going to get him.

So its Winslow, Waiters, JJ for Iggy, Crowder and Hill.

It's a meh trade for me. Iggy and Crowder I guess are upgrades. It's not like Winslow/Waiters or JJ were helping much though.

Not getting Gallo is a bigger blow.
                          Prior to the trade, the make up of their team with Butler surrounded with shooters and a fulcrum in the middle with springs on his lower extremities can be a nuisance in a 7 game series.

Add the experience of Iggy and possibly Gallo, they can be a tough out. Even without the Italian SF but with the vet presence of Iggy/ Hill and Crowder, they are great complements along side the promising young guns like Robinson/ Nunn and Herro.
                          Butler and Dragic are well known as pests in between passing lanes.

Health of Butler is the bottomline.

Spoelstra and Riley can make it happen. They have a winning culture and financial flexibility in the summer of 2021 to lure a Giannis or Oladipo.

Forgot southbeach, margaritas, tequillas and bikinis to boot

Comment

• Wiggins to G.S hahahahahahahahaha.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Warriors 2020-2021 healthy version could make another run for that chip once more

Steph
                              Klay
                              Wiggins
                              Draymond

one more piece and they are set to cause playoff heartaches once again to fans of Los Angeles.

Comment

• Wow!!

Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Feb 6, 2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X