No announcement yet.

To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is the debate settled? Terrence ross gets traded for Ibaka and Drummond gets traded for expirings. C’ést fini.

Comment

• I want booker go fetch

Comment

• Pistons. LOL.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nothing really changed in the East. The Heat are STILL the 6th best team in the conference. With all the talks today you'd think they added LeBron James and Steph Curry lol. They added a 36 year old washed up player + a DeMarre Carroll clone. Hope those two play a lot of mins for them.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• was actually quiet a eventful deadline after looking like it wasnt going to amount to much. Capela, Russell, Wiggins, Iggy, Drummond amd Morris are all pretty big names.

Big winners of the last few day for me would be Atlanta and Minny. Getting someone to make KAT happy and D'lo went from being over rated to under rated pretty quickly.
            Capela should be a good fit and is pretty cheap deal before these other young guys need to start getting their extentions.

Miami- still did well to get Iggy, Winslow wasn't really in there rotation. Picking up Jae seems redundant. Jimmy, Iggy and Jae are all similar players with talents decsending in that order. You may not see Iggys impact in the regular season but will help them win a playoff game or 2.
            Clips getting Morris is risky he can score, but can also be volatile

Losers-Philly, Did a at the margains trade many wanted us to do, but dropped Ennis for a 2nd rounder. Think Ennis adds more playoff value then the incoming warrior guys.
            Lakers-Didn't get anything, Might have been a smart move cause probably would have had to give up danny green which would be risky
            Drummond- Dude got traded for the Pat McCaw trade package
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• All you need to know about Iggy is that he was one the guys being guarded by “the box” in Nurse’s Box & One.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                All you need to know about Iggy is that he was one the guys being guarded by “the box” in Nurse’s Box & One.

Comment

• Well I wanted devin booker or Klay Thompson anything less would have been uncivilised. So good trade deadline MU basic said to the players you are good enough to win another one. With all this put the way I want to see more Matt Thomas and less Powell. OG I can live with ...go raps

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    All you need to know about Iggy is that he was one the guys being guarded by “the box” in Nurse’s Box & One.
                    We can shut the thread down after this one. That quote sums up all the hype, hysteria and reality of deadline day. Well played.

Comment

• Well, one more note. Doesn’t it feel weird to be part of a raptors fanbase that doesn’t at least make a little note of the fact that Nene has been waived and is available?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Well, one more note. Doesn’t it feel weird to be part of a raptors fanbase that doesn’t at least make a little note of the fact that Nene has been waived and is available?
                        Hilario how quickly some things change
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Has to be considered a good deadline day. No real improvement from any teams in the East.

As as much as I played around with proposing trades, the reality is this was the most likely outcome when they decided not to sell this summer. Real hard to sell off rotation pieces, no matter how much sense it makes in the long term, when you’ve committed to trying to win for the next two seasons. Mostly I’m happy that they didn’t trade any picks to make marginal improvements at the edges of the rotation. And with Serge and Norm playing as well as they have been, the playoff run could be pretty fun, let’s hope they keep it up.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Agreed. There isn't much out there that makes the team appreciably better, and this team wasn't waiting on Masai to load up. They're full of confidence. They're the champs and they want to show it. Trading 2 or 3 of them, might have a worse impact on the season then the talent they bring.

Comment

• I mean if they signed Collison. I wouldnt' complain.

Comment

• So with a couple of big contracts coming off the books at the end of this season what sort of cap space will the Raptors have heading into this summer? Do they try and resign Ibaka and Gasol or look for another big in free agency or trades?

Comment

Working...
                                X