they were. You can't be favorites and lose? lol
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they were. You can't be favorites and lose? lol
        I know, just trying to crack a joke haha
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Antetokounmpo had 27 points and 11 rebounds before exiting the game with 8:56 to play and the Bucks ahead by 36. They went on to win 119-91 (over the Clippers with both Kawhi and Paul George playing) and capture their 14th straight victory.

It was Giannis 25th birthday ....

Meanwhile, Anthony Davis scored 39 points and the Lakers routed the Blazers 136-113 on Friday night.

lebron added 31 in the 11th straight road win for the Lakers, who have lost just three games overall this season and sit atop the Western Conference standings.

Could well be the NBA finals teams represented in those two wins.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Saw somewhere Harden's post defence has actually been very good.

But for Pascal it's a couple things, decision making and counters to what the defence throws at you. He's got to learn both through experience and it'll take some time.
            I've seen Harden play tough on the block before. He is a big, strong guard so not a surprise Siakam had difficulties. Also by the 4th quarter, I think Pascal was gassed from running around on D trying to get to shooters.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Antetokounmpo had 27 points and 11 rebounds before exiting the game with 8:56 to play and the Bucks ahead by 36. They went on to win 119-91 (over the Clippers with both Kawhi and Paul George playing) and capture their 14th straight victory.

It was Giannis 25th birthday ....

Meanwhile, Anthony Davis scored 39 points and the Lakers routed the Blazers 136-113 on Friday night.

lebron added 31 in the 11th straight road win for the Lakers, who have lost just three games overall this season and sit atop the Western Conference standings.

Could well be the NBA finals teams represented in those two wins.
              Weren't you saying just about a week ago that the Cippers would be unstoppable when Kawhi & George played together though? I for one think the season is long, full of ups and downs and a lot can happen between now and June

Comment

• Sorry all, dropped the ball in my first game thread start. Back to the bench with me.

Was a frustrating game. I liked that they tried some interesting stuff defensively and got Houston to break it and even then made it a game with Houston's secondary players stepping up about as well as they possibly could. The offence was the frustrating part in my eyes. Way too lax, Pascal not being aggressive enough attacking inside most of the game (they don't really have much rim protection or anyone who can defend Pascal that well), Gasol drifting inside and letting Capela play around the rim, and then just a lot of missed shots (that part's just life but still sucks to watch). Really odd decisions on rotations late (Serge stayed in too long in the 4th, Norm closing over OG is madness), but oh well, that's the deal with Nurse, he likes to try stuff. Hopefully we see less of THAT particular stuff tried.

Not all that discouraging though. A few lessons to learn, but an interesting game that could have been a win on a luckier night even with all those unlearned as yet lessons. Move on to the next one.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I've seen Harden play tough on the block before. He is a big, strong guard so not a surprise Siakam had difficulties. Also by the 4th quarter, I think Pascal was gassed from running around on D trying to get to shooters.
                  Harden stopped Kawhi's attempt at a buzzer beater last year in Houston. He can guard when he wants to.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Weren't you saying just about a week ago that the Cippers would be unstoppable when Kawhi & George played together though? I for one think the season is long, full of ups and downs and a lot can happen between now and June
                    Clips are playing .700 ball and 13-1 at home, I think they're going to be OK , no shame in losing to one of the best players in the game on another very good team....

Comment

• i don't get the sense the clippers are taking the regular season particularly seriously, they didn't appear too interested in that bucks game. i still think they'll be there at the end and would pick them over the bucks in that matchup.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Clips are playing .700 ball and 13-1 at home, I think they're going to be OK , no shame in losing to one of the best players in the game on another very good team....
                        No shame, but they're not looking unstoppable either. .700 ball is good, we're playing .700 ball too but there ain't nobody drooling over us. Clips 13-1 home record looks good but it also tells us they have a losing record on the road (3-6), which is where you have to win too in order to go far. I think they'll be fine too, it's early in the season, it's just that the hype anointing them before the games were even played was so big, they haven't lived up to it just yet.

Comment

• Lots of teams playing well at the quarter point of the season. Houston and Milwaukee in particular are really pushing their stars. It will be interesting to see how this pace affects them by playoff time.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Lots of teams playing well at the quarter point of the season. Houston and Milwaukee in particular are really pushing their stars. It will be interesting to see how this pace affects them by playoff time.
                            Giannis is averaging less than 32mpg. Bucks are really really good.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Giannis is averaging less than 32mpg. Bucks are really really good.
                              Bucks are peaking too early.

Comment

• 76'ers crushed CAVs - no Embiid, Simmons hits a 3, and they are now 11-0 at home. Time for Raptors to end that streak. Realistically we have to keep them off the offensive glass or it will be a tough one to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X