• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    McDaniels is 6'6

JJ is 6'9 250lbs
    JJ also costs only slightly more than KJ's rookie deal.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    KJ McDanials. Taking Bruno is looking better.
    McDaniels is 6'6

JJ is 6'9 250lbs

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    He's gonna do the same thing regardless of whether he's playing SG/SF, they're interchangeable. He'll be spotting up for 3s and guarding the best wing on the floor...
    Offensively, want Ross to be a guard. Running PnR and helping Lowry on double teams. DD should get the ball at the end of possessions if Lowry/Ross can't feed Amir or JV.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    A big wing, superb defender, coming off his best season ever where he played the exact role he'll be asked to play here. At only $2.5M per season for 2 years, I am loving this deal.

Forget Per 36, let's just look at Per game since I think the minutes are exactly what we'll be giving him.

18 minutes, 7.4 pts, 3.2 reb, 2.1 ast, 0.8 stl, 1.1 blk, .552 TS%, 101 DRtg, .150 WS/48, 18.5 PER

That my friends is a well above average bench player on a great contract. For comparison, let's look at another defensive wing who just got signed in Thefalosha. (3 year $12M contract, $4M per year).

26 minutes, 6.3 pts, 3.6 reb, 1.5 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.3 blk, .517 TS%, 104 DRtg, .092 WS/48, 10.4 PER

James Johnson was better across the board with less minutes. Anyone saying it's a bad deal, I challenge you to look at the signings this offseason and point out one which makes this look like a bad deal (looking at you Jamshid). If all you can talk about is multiple year ago attitude problems while playing for the most shitty frustrating version of the Raptors ever, then your argument is not very strong. I had attitude problems just from watching that team, can't imagine having to play for them.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    I can't wait to play Brooklyn next season haha

Let Joe Johnson try and post up James Johnson hahhaha

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Hopefully it's DD. If a SF is too much for Demar, he goes to SG and JJ becomes the SF. Really want Ross to get alot of minutes at SG this year.
    He's gonna do the same thing regardless of whether he's playing SG/SF, they're interchangeable. He'll be spotting up for 3s and guarding the best wing on the floor...

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Apparently JJ was known as the Equalizer in Memphis... I don't like it. Lol

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Will Ross still be starting in the SF position?
    Hopefully it's DD. If a SF is too much for Demar, he goes to SG and JJ becomes the SF. Really want Ross to get alot of minutes at SG this year.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    Will Ross still be starting in the SF position?

Leave a comment:

• hoodlum
    replied
    He also had a TS% of 55.2 in Memphis.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Good signing. I'm a big JJ fan. Super athletic, very good defensive player. I'm not too worried about the off court stuff, Masai and DC wouldn't bring him back if they think it's going to be a problem.

My main problem w/ JJ when he was here was his shot selection, he shoots too much lol. Sometimes i feel like he thinks he's Scottie Pippen or something.
    Yea I was always more concerned with his shot selection than any off court stuff with him. But now that he have the Raptors finally have a precedence set of how things will be run, how players should carry themselves and how we want our players playing the game I think we will make sure James falls in line. And if he doesn't then he doesn't get playing time simple as that. I know Masai must have had a talk with him cause Masai doesn't play. If he talked to Kyle he talked to James. I also have faith because Masai's talked worked on Kyle. Also we finally have two really good leaders in Kyle and Derozan. That is something we haven't ever really had. Especially in our best players. Vince and Chris Bosh were never known to be leaders.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Good signing. I'm a big JJ fan. Super athletic, very good defensive player. I'm not too worried about the off court stuff, Masai and DC wouldn't bring him back if they think it's going to be a problem.

My main problem w/ JJ when he was here was his shot selection, he shoots too much lol. Sometimes i feel like he thinks he's Scottie Pippen or something.
    He had 8.4 fga with the Raptors, but honed it in and shot 5.2 fga in Sacramento and 5.9 in Memphis last year. I'm okay with 5 shots a game. That's about what John Salmons took as well.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Only player I regret missing #20-36. He basically cost 2@5M in JJ. Not worth Prince from Memphis.
    Oh okay. Yea I liked KJ as well. He's going to be good. But I think Bruno has more potential and Bruno is a very hard worker from what everyone is saying, so the likelihood of him reaching his potential or coming close is high.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    What about KJ McDaniels? And I love the Bruno draft pick. I think he's going to be very good. But that video of James Johnson blocking shots really excited me. He also blocks shots with his left hand as well. Supposedly he was number one in the league at blocking three point shots. I can believe that because I've never seen someone block that many perimeter shots without fouling.
    Only player I regret missing #20-36. He basically cost 2@5M in JJ. Not worth Prince from Memphis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X