Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He also had a TS% of 55.2 in Memphis.

Comment

• Will Ross still be starting in the SF position?

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
        Will Ross still be starting in the SF position?
        Hopefully it's DD. If a SF is too much for Demar, he goes to SG and JJ becomes the SF. Really want Ross to get alot of minutes at SG this year.

Comment

• Apparently JJ was known as the Equalizer in Memphis... I don't like it. Lol

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Hopefully it's DD. If a SF is too much for Demar, he goes to SG and JJ becomes the SF. Really want Ross to get alot of minutes at SG this year.
            He's gonna do the same thing regardless of whether he's playing SG/SF, they're interchangeable. He'll be spotting up for 3s and guarding the best wing on the floor...

Comment

• I can't wait to play Brooklyn next season haha

Let Joe Johnson try and post up James Johnson hahhaha
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• A big wing, superb defender, coming off his best season ever where he played the exact role he'll be asked to play here. At only $2.5M per season for 2 years, I am loving this deal.

Forget Per 36, let's just look at Per game since I think the minutes are exactly what we'll be giving him.

18 minutes, 7.4 pts, 3.2 reb, 2.1 ast, 0.8 stl, 1.1 blk, .552 TS%, 101 DRtg, .150 WS/48, 18.5 PER

That my friends is a well above average bench player on a great contract. For comparison, let's look at another defensive wing who just got signed in Thefalosha. (3 year $12M contract, $4M per year).

26 minutes, 6.3 pts, 3.6 reb, 1.5 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.3 blk, .517 TS%, 104 DRtg, .092 WS/48, 10.4 PER

James Johnson was better across the board with less minutes. Anyone saying it's a bad deal, I challenge you to look at the signings this offseason and point out one which makes this look like a bad deal (looking at you Jamshid). If all you can talk about is multiple year ago attitude problems while playing for the most shitty frustrating version of the Raptors ever, then your argument is not very strong. I had attitude problems just from watching that team, can't imagine having to play for them.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  He's gonna do the same thing regardless of whether he's playing SG/SF, they're interchangeable. He'll be spotting up for 3s and guarding the best wing on the floor...
                  Offensively, want Ross to be a guard. Running PnR and helping Lowry on double teams. DD should get the ball at the end of possessions if Lowry/Ross can't feed Amir or JV.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    KJ McDanials. Taking Bruno is looking better.
                    McDaniels is 6'6

JJ is 6'9 250lbs

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      McDaniels is 6'6

JJ is 6'9 250lbs
                      JJ also costs only slightly more than KJ's rookie deal.

Comment

• I wasn't sad about his dumping to Sactown, but if his head is on straight this could be a GREAT signing for both the short and long term. Short term, he fills a need for that big SF stopper off the bench. Long term, by filling that need for 2 years, pressure is off Bruno, and even Daniels, to develop into that overnight.

As for the concerns/worries, ya gotta believe Masai has done his homework on the guy. From a chemistry standpoint, most importantly, MU has talked to Casey, DeMar, and Amir, who all have direct experience with him during his first stint here. Gotta believe MU knows what he's doing: young vet who fits in perfectly age wise, and is a low risk, high reward asset.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                          I wasn't sad about his dumping to Sactown, but if his head is on straight this could be a GREAT signing for both the short and long term. Short term, he fills a need for that big SF stopper off the bench. Long term, by filling that need for 2 years, pressure is off Bruno, and even Daniels, to develop into that overnight.

As for the concerns/worries, ya gotta believe Masai has done his homework on the guy. From a chemistry standpoint, most importantly, MU has talked to Casey, DeMar, and Amir, who all have direct experience with him during his first stint here. Gotta believe MU knows what he's doing: young vet who fits in perfectly age wise, and is a low risk, high reward asset.
                          Plus he knows where to score the best weed in T.O

Comment

• This is what happened when James Johnson signed the contract:

"F*CK BROOKLYN!"

Joe Johnson going to have a little harder ride this season.

Comment

• Coast 2 Coast!

Comment

• Dont know if this has been posted in the thread....but have read of after-article posts. Except for the last each was most positive. He was a crowd pleaser in Memphis.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...D=happeningnow

Comment

Working...
                                X