• Show
Clear All

• MU loves him some summer league stars
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
      According to Mark Spears twitter we have serious interest in Will Cherry

This is Draft Net's Summary of him, (Draft Express doesn't have one):

Strengths: Tough player who prides himself on his defense ... Good on-ball defender ... Great in the passing lanes, one of the premier theft artists in the NCAA during his time at Montana ... Very good nose for the ball, contributed on the glass well for a PG ... Played big minutes through most of his career while mostly guarding the other teams best player ... Has some penetrating ability offensively ... Got to the line quite a bit, aggressive ... Cut down fouls by a nice margin as a senior ... Showed improvement as a passer, gets his teammates involved ... Showed leadership qualities, led the Griz to two straight NCAA Tournament berths out of the Big Sky ... Solid quickness with and without the ball ... Wiry strong, not afraid of contact, competitor

Weaknesses: After seemingly improving as an outside shooter as a junior, struggled greatly as a senior, particularly from 3 point range ... Turned the ball over at a very high rate ... Despite the recent success of Damian Lillard, the Big Sky does still tend to bring up question marks surrounding ones level of competition faced ... Sat out teams first 7 games with a broken foot, than missed some more time when he reinjured the foot in early March ... Relatively small and can have trouble with size, particularly on the offensive end ... Has struggled when facing NBA level PG opponents during his time at Montana
      Notes: Finished his career averaging 2.3 spg ... Was arrested near the end of April, which is something that could deter teams from drafting him ... A viable choice as a back-up PG down the line, a competitor that should at the very least get a shot to be on a Summer League roster ...

Played in D-League last year, is a 6-1 PG, about 180 lbs.

Got arrested and was injured in 2013
      (His senior year) which didn't get him drafted

Let's see what happens

Comment

Strengths: Tough player who prides himself on his defense ... Good on-ball defender ... Great in the passing lanes, one of the premier theft artists in the NCAA during his time at Montana ... Very good nose for the ball, contributed on the glass well for a PG ... Played big minutes through most of his career while mostly guarding the other teams best player ... Has some penetrating ability offensively ... Got to the line quite a bit, aggressive ... Cut down fouls by a nice margin as a senior ... Showed improvement as a passer, gets his teammates involved ... Showed leadership qualities, led the Griz to two straight NCAA Tournament berths out of the Big Sky ... Solid quickness with and without the ball ... Wiry strong, not afraid of contact, competitor

Weaknesses: After seemingly improving as an outside shooter as a junior, struggled greatly as a senior, particularly from 3 point range ... Turned the ball over at a very high rate ... Despite the recent success of Damian Lillard, the Big Sky does still tend to bring up question marks surrounding ones level of competition faced ... Sat out teams first 7 games with a broken foot, than missed some more time when he reinjured the foot in early March ... Relatively small and can have trouble with size, particularly on the offensive end ... Has struggled when facing NBA level PG opponents during his time at Montana
        Notes: Finished his career averaging 2.3 spg ... Was arrested near the end of April, which is something that could deter teams from drafting him ... A viable choice as a back-up PG down the line, a competitor that should at the very least get a shot to be on a Summer League roster ...

Let's see what happens
        Third case dismissal this summer, maybe?

Comment

• Strengths: Tough player who prides himself on his defense ... Good on-ball defender ... Great in the passing lanes, one of the premier theft artists in the NCAA during his time at Montana
          Casey came

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            Casey came
            Casey got a woody when he heard 6-1

Comment

• I was wondering since billups is insisting he is healthy as he has been in 2-3 yrs, should we pick him up as a 3rd PG, to mentor some of the other guys and play when needed?

Comment

• If Andre Miller is still playing and Fisher just retired , Billups probably has one year left.

Comment

• Some article from Basketball Insiders on Cherry

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...the-cavaliers/
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• "@SpearsNBAYahoo: Former D-League Canton guard Will Cherry has agreed in principle to sign a two-year minimum deal with the Raptors, a source told Yahoo."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                      "@SpearsNBAYahoo: Former D-League Canton guard Will Cherry has agreed in principle to sign a two-year minimum deal with the Raptors, a source told Yahoo."

Probably the same deal as Buycks....2nd year team option.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        "@SpearsNBAYahoo: Former D-League Canton guard Will Cherry has agreed in principle to sign a two-year minimum deal with the Raptors, a source told Yahoo."

buycks replacement.

Comment

Let's see what happens
                          Posted this on friday, for those of you that were not interested, get to know our latest raptor Will Cherry

Comment

• I've watched 1 summer league highlights of this Cherry guy and he's already impressed me more then Buycks
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• gotta love that even the 15th man is a serious player.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                I've watched 1 summer league highlights of this Cherry guy and he's already impressed me more then Buycks
                                yo did you check if he has sick bench reaction man.. cuz thats where dudes gonna make a living next year; he might as well have some serious bench reaction to give value to his contract you know.

i was hoping we coulda picked up Robert Sacre for dwight byucks... Lakers have a serious hole in the PG slot and Dwight Byucks woulda expanded even more but o well. Sad to see him not waste a roster spot on another team.

Comment

Working...
                                X