X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Were they trying to reach the floor for spending?
    Yup. Hope they made it. Otherwise Rashard Lewis is getting paid.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Were they trying to reach the floor for spending?

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Also, they just spent 8M per year on a guy who is not great at playing PF in the current NBA. Frye has been mostly a stretch C more than he has been a stretch PF for much of his career, because he's just too slow to play PF even close to full time. So they're paying 8M/year for a guy who will not fit well on the court next to Vucevic at all on the defensive end. Terrible deal if you ask me.
    They can get another high pick to draft a SF/PF to throw on the pile next season.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    I'd argue we don't lose anything on offense relative to Frye. Both score the same per 36, but Patterson has slightly higher TS%, eFG%, and 3pt%. Patterson also has more rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Plus he's a better defender as you mentioned.
    Oh, and Frye is 31 and Patterson is only 25. Not to mention Frye's contract is 4 years and Pattersons is only 3.
    We got a steal of a deal on Patterson, and this Frye contract hammers that home.
    Also, they just spent 8M per year on a guy who is not great at playing PF in the current NBA. Frye has been mostly a stretch C more than he has been a stretch PF for much of his career, because he's just too slow to play PF even close to full time. So they're paying 8M/year for a guy who will not fit well on the court next to Vucevic at all on the defensive end. Terrible deal if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    I'd argue we don't lose anything on offense relative to Frye. Both score the same per 36, but Patterson has slightly higher TS%, eFG%, and 3pt%. Patterson also has more rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Plus he's a better defender as you mentioned.
    Oh, and Frye is 31 and Patterson is only 25. Not to mention Frye's contract is 4 years and Pattersons is only 3.
    We got a steal of a deal on Patterson, and this Frye contract hammers that home.
    Don't forget that Frye took a year off for a heart condition as well.. 4 years for a 31 year old with a history of heart issues is a big risk to take.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X