No announcement yet.

Game #22: Toronto Raptors 104 - Philadelphia 76ers 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol. Sixers are an NBA team and they couldn't break a full-court press, over and over again? That's unbelievable. Brett Brown has to take a lot of heat for that.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But he passes really well
      Pinpoint accuracy, On time, on target...

Comment

• Raps sucked tonight. Played a bunch of minutes and we got Bulls tmrw. Hopefully it rejuvenated them and I wish luck to next thread maker.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't think it was a coincidence that Lowry and Ibaka were the guys Nurse had trapping the ball-handler in the press.

Comment

• Shit game. But i did enjoy the sixers look like an 8th grade team dealing with a press for the first time.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Raps sucked tonight. Played a bunch of minutes and we got Bulls tmrw. Hopefully it rejuvenated them and I wish luck to next thread maker.
              thanks
              OG is our king

Comment

• That was the worse game I've seen from them since the championship when you look at the details of offence & defence planning and execution. Looked like a vintage Duane Casey team on a bad night.

On defence, Lazy close outs on deep shooters, frequent blown-by's (so both permiter and interior defence were very week) and lack of rebounding. On offence, poor shooting, poor spacing, slow/stagnant ball movement, missed bunnies inside, no baseline cuts, and tons of turnovers.

Lowry & Ibaka's return completely neutered Siakam and FVV, kicked Boucher out of the rotation and reduced Davis & RHJ minutes to the point off affecting their rhythm. No reason to believe they won't turn it around but they look really far from the team ton the road trip and that led 40 vs Utah at the half

Comment

• Not liking the way raps have been playing lately..since Kyle has came back,there offense has slow down a lot..kyle tends 2 drag his feet and play 2 much half court, more ball movement,faster, the reason raps were successful is they run the ball..now that Kyle is back..were playing old mans game,we got a lot athletic young energetic guys,we should be running..I don't know,his played 3 games since he returned all losses,not trying 2 blame him...but..they are definitely playing 2 his accommodate his style..now that fred is off for a bit,not sure how long,we got play Kyle,maybe give Davis kid little run,I know it's asking a lot,why not..c what u got..I think this is good that are slumping a bit,wake up call,no one is invincible..I still think this team needs make a trade, so I would try 2 get Andre Iguodala from Memphis..raps are in good position,they don't need star player,they have Fred,Siakim,Lowry..they need a big guard,veteran,that can help out guarding big guards in the east,simmonds,giannis antetokounmpo and so on..won mvp,a champion,kinda when they got gasol, Andre Iguodala would b perfect.
                  That's my thought,will be fine.."We had nonbelievers all along the way, and I have one thing to say to those nonbelievers: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!" Rudy Tomjanovich..love that quote..Later..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• That first quarter was brutal up 2 points with 34 seconds left and Davis fouls Scott on missed 3 pt shot and gets flagrant (Kawhi rule). Sixers get 3 FT make 2, get ball back and sink 3 ptr. Raps make 1-2 FT then Sixers end quarter with 4 pt play - 9 - 1 run in 34 seconds. Davis doesn't foul shooter. Unforced turnovers in 2Q leading to lay-ups. Gasol was awful, Ibaka awful, Lowry paying dumb, foul fishing basketball. Siakam, no offence - no defence - no all-star???

Record
                    With: 6 - 5
                    Without: 9 - 2

Team just laid another egg. Raptors just not playing smart, team basketball. Very selfish. Siakam is not playing with any enthusiasm or energy. His jumper has disappeared.
                    Last edited by Zak24gege; Mon Dec 9, 2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• I'd go so far as to stop interviewing Kyle after every single game. Let Siakam be the new face of the franchise. I'd even sooner hear FVV talk.

Comment

• Guys you need to stop parroting the record without Lowry. Ya those wins against the Lakers and Sixers where awesome signature wins. But the other wins?? Hawks, Magic, Knicks Hornets and a struggle blazers and jazz. Ya its awesome that our bench was able to help out and keep us afloat but the weak teams helped that. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to throw Lowry right into the fire against 3 teams who have real shots at a confrence final, but theirs no world were we are a better team with TD and Boucher taking Lowry and Ibaka's minutes.
                        The real problems for this skid was pascal has struggled. He's only 20 games into being the number 1 option so stretches like this were expected from him. The sky isn't falling, were just facing advesity, something that every team has to deal with. Luckily we have 5 guys who have that championship DNA i expect us to be able to bounce back.

Comment

• We're still the champs... Even if we turn into Demar's Raptors where our ceiling is the ECF... this team and Masai get at least five years of good faith from me.

Three losses in a row to good teams suck.. but better than being a sub .500 team with no hope but a decent lottery ticket.

Down 20+ and we still fought to the bitter end. Let's hope Fred's going to be okay. Anyone see the injury? They say leg contusion. Is that a Charlie horse? Hope he can play tomorrow.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            We're still the champs... Even if we turn into Demar's Raptors where our ceiling is the ECF... this team and Masai get at least five years of good faith from me.

Three losses in a row to good teams suck.. but better than being a sub .500 team with no hope but a decent lottery ticket.

Down 20+ and we still fought to the bitter end. Let's hope Fred's going to be okay. Anyone see the injury? They say leg contusion. Is that a Charlie horse? Hope he can play tomorrow.
                            Beat reporters said that he actually bumped it in the Houston Game, Apparently he was questionable to play (even tho none of those same guys reported on that). Guess they just threw him out there and it was still sore so they took him out. Doesn't sound like its super serious. If it's still bothering him should be able to get away sitting him vs the bull, although it is his "home team" so he probably will push to play

Comment

• This was by far the poorest played game of basketball played by this team this season. Just finished Watching the game on the NBA League Pass. Unforced turnovers, our 40% shooting (bad offense) vs Philly's 50% (bad defense) and not being able to finish on fast breaks.

On the NBC feed (on TSN??), the worst though was at the end of the 4th, when Serge fouled out. A fan must have been heckling him because while walking to the end of the bench, Serge started pointing to his "championship" ring. There we have it, his career is complete, no need to play to win anymore. So there Mr. Philly Fan, I can point to my finger and feel good about getting my ass kicked.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                                This was by far the poorest played game of basketball played by this team this season. Just finished Watching the game on the NBA League Pass. Unforced turnovers, our 40% shooting (bad offense) vs Philly's 50% (bad defense) and not being able to finish on fast breaks.

On the NBC feed (on TSN??), the worst though was at the end of the 4th, when Serge fouled out. A fan must have been heckling him because while walking to the end of the bench, Serge started pointing to his "championship" ring. There we have it, his career is complete, no need to play to win anymore. So there Mr. Philly Fan, I can point to my finger and feel good about getting my ass kicked.
                                I think it means yea you had your night, but we sent you home crying last year. Serge was the first one to say "Boss man, Boss man i think we can win 2 more". Don't think we have to worry about a homeless kid from the Congo who grew up during a civil war, resting on his laurels. MaFuzzy Chef is still hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X