Game #24: Los Angeles Clippers 112 - Toronto Raptors 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Honestly think a couple of these guys don't have it in them to compete when there's not much of a chance. Nurse needs to explode.
    We probably just need to reload with hungry young guys. The vets have their millions and final validation as champions. They’re fat, dumb and happy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Serge has a serious case of championship hangover. No hunger, whatsoever.
      He can point to his ring.tho'

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

He can point to his ring.tho'
        When I heard he did that in Philly, I was thinking ... welp, he’s done.

Comment

• Is Kyle harpooning Pascal's shot at 2020 ASG?

Comment

• Minus 2Q...RAPS BEAT LAC BY 3!

Comment

• Well we can beat those sub-500 teams. That streak will come to an end too.
              Last edited by Zak24gege; Thu Dec 12, 2019, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Anyways...trade vets, develop the young kids, lose a bunch of games and get a good pick.
                Ummm...this got dark quick

Comment

• NYK vs GSW battle on now for those die hard NBA fans

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

story of my adulthood
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

story of my adulthood
                      OG is our king

Comment

• You know things are going sour when LOTR quotes are needed for comfort
                        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          You know things are going sour when LOTR quotes are needed for comfort
                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We probably just need to reload with hungry young guys. The vets have their millions and final validation as champions. They’re fat, dumb and happy.
                            Yeah I don't want to believe it but that's the vibe I'm getting as well. Too much of Lowry/Ibaka/McCaw, not enough TD, Boucher. Not enough OG late in games when we're in it in the 4th. Siakam neutered. We have the ingredients in the pantry, but no one seems to know how to cook diddly-squat these days.

I wonder when the cameras are away, and the team is bonding/practicing together, going over schemes, trying to help each other etc. which of these 2 extremes they're closer to: (A) Lowry and Ibaka having the humility in the locker room to say "guys, we know since we came back things took a turn for the worse, we've got to be better, but we've got a good group here and we gon' turn it around" OR (B) they're just cocky laying on their championship laurels while trying to 'son' the younger guys when they have in misstep in practice.

It's probably something between these two extremes, but I somehow fear/think it's closer to the latter. And if it is, guys like TD/Boucher/RHJ and even OG/ Siakam/Norm gotta be at least a bit resentful, especially seeing they were on a nice stride in terms of developing a good identity offensively and defensively on their own while the 2 vets were out. Now that they're back, whether related to or not, the team lost its defensive disposition as well as the 3pt shot, while they literally point to their rings and plot to go for drinks with Kawhi.

Nurse has proven to be a great X's and O's coach, and even a great development coach. I think his next challenge is to manage his locker room. Internal competition is good, but only if it rewards who's doing well and sits down who's struggling (like he did early in the year). If he's making decisions mostly on reputation, he's not maximizing the team's potential

Comment

• Guys—we played poorly but the clips are a better team than the raptors. Period.

Prior to their injuries I was pleased with how Ibaka and Lowry were playing. I’m fine giving them some time to get their rhythm back. They are struggling now clearly but I’m ok giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I like how we won a chip, are on pace for 54 wins with several key young pieces crushing it, a COY candidate behind the bench, and at the first sign of adversity it's time to tank.

Like come on now. Even if we were to trade the vets for young prospects we would still be a formidable team. If Pascal and Freddy and OG and Norm had all completely shit the bed this season then you could make that argument, but they are killing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X