No announcement yet.

Game #24: Los Angeles Clippers 112 - Toronto Raptors 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good read with a few new perspectives. The video from the Philly broadcast booth is worth the read

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...delphia-sixers

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Ah the LeBronto years. Who could forget? DeRozan and Lowry. Batman and Robin in the reg season. Dumb and Dumber in the playoffs. Great regular season players, chokes in the playoffs year after year. Perennial 50 win team though so I gotta give you that. *clap hands*

And as for last year's playoffs.....hmm. That's funny. Because I remember watching Game 4 and Game 7 vs the Sixers. The two most important/pressurized games of that series. And your boy literally was a no-show in both games. I can't even remember if he played in both those games. I remember Kawhi taking 39 shots in Game 7 because everyone on the team including Lowry kept passing up open shots because everyone was so scared to shoot.

I also remember the MOST important game of the Bucks series which is Game 3. Remember when he fouled out early in the 4th?

Lowry is lucky he has a ring(thanks to Kawhi) because if he didn't win a championship here, he'd be known as a perennial playoff choker. The leading man of LeBronto. Now his number is going to get retired and will be known as a Raptor legend(again thanks to Kawhi).
      You're nitpicking. What aboit his series against the warriors? what about G6 where he almost had a triple double?

Comment

Sonny wrote: View Post

You're nitpicking. What aboit his series against the warriors? what about G6 where he almost had a triple double?
        LOL. The Warriors series was chill. Pretty obvious after Game 2 that the Raptors were the SUPERIOR team. They were on the drivers seat the whole series.

The THREE games that I highlighted - Games 4 and 7 vs the Sixers and Game 3 vs the Bucks - were the 3 most important/pressurized games in the playoffs for the Raptors last year. And surprisingly, Lowry failed in all 3 games. No-show in Games 4 and 7 vs the Sixers. And fouled out early in the 4th in Game 3 vs the Bucks. Remember, Game 3 went to OT, so they played the whole OT without Lowry.

Next.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          I swear to god if people boo Kawhi I will be really pissed
          That would be right up there with cheering after Durant went down with his achilles injury. No boos please and thank-you.

Comment

FVV didn't have great overall playoffs either. Doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in helping us win the championship. (definitely doesn't stop some people being on his nuts either). Every game in playoffs is important (from game 1 to game 7)
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

**** Kawhi, he chose wrong.

Comment

Of course he is nitpicking. Kyle's good games doesn't fit his narrative.

If we're talking most important playoff moments, Game 6 of the Finals was the biggest one and he dropped 26 points.

Kawhi was big in the Sixers series, but Bucks and Warriors was a team effort.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  A good read with a few new perspectives. The video from the Philly broadcast booth is worth the read

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...delphia-sixers
                  lol. For every winner.... there must be a loser.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

LOL. The Warriors series was chill. Pretty obvious after Game 2 that the Raptors were the SUPERIOR team. They were on the drivers seat the whole series.

The THREE games that I highlighted - Games 4 and 7 vs the Sixers and Game 3 vs the Bucks - were the 3 most important/pressurized games in the playoffs for the Raptors last year. And surprisingly, Lowry failed in all 3 games. No-show in Games 4 and 7 vs the Sixers. And fouled out early in the 4th in Game 3 vs the Bucks. Remember, Game 3 went to OT, so they played the whole OT without Lowry.

Next.
                    Game 6 vs the Warriors was not a pressure game? lol

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      **** Kawhi, he chose wrong.
                      Nah, Kawhi was like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.... he just wanted to go home.

Dorothy (Kawhi) found himself transported to a strange land and was told to follow the Yellow Brick Road (the playoff run) and get advice from the Wizard (Masai).

Along the way, he helped the Cowardly Lion (Lowry) find his courage, he helped the Scarecrow (Nurse) find his brain, and the TinMan (Gasol) find his heart. And the Wizard handed out medals of achievement (Larry OB + ringz).

And Danny Green was Toto.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

He shot 42% from 3 in the conf finals and NBA finals combined. He also without kawhi went to a conf final, multiple 2nd rounds, multiple 50+ win teams, as the mvp of the team, with Derozan as the sidekick, and JV, patrick patterson...where are they now?

So, maybe he couldn't win a CHAMPIONSHIP without kawhi, but then again, that goes for like 99.2% of the NBA players, so..cool.

Stephen A, you're regurgitating stale takes again!
                        BREAKING: Non superstars can't win without a superstar.

Comment

Game 6 vs the Warriors was not a pressure game? lol
                          Nope. Klay Thompson, you've heard of him right? got hurt in Game 6. Even if the Raptors lost that game, Game 7 would be in Toronto against a team without Kevin Durant AND Klay Thompson.

The Orlando Magic could beat the Warriors without Durant and Klay on their team lol.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

That would be right up there with cheering after Durant went down with his achilles injury. No boos please and thank-you.
                            There will be a couple, that's fandom. But you shouldn't be able to hear them through the cheers, that's for sure

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                              I'm happy for everything Kawhi has done for the team, but looking forward to this being the last time we meet the Clippers this season and put all of this behind us
                              Actually I wouldn't mind if we play them again in June. that would mean we have won the East and are defending our title.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                                I swear to god if people boo Kawhi I will be really pissed
                                Why?

Comment

Working...
                                X